10-29-09 01:28 AM
210 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Also, has anyone attempted to use the Mac DTM and Mac Media Sync (from RIM) together? Maybe that is the answer to our music syncing woes, but I am a little fearful of installing it, afraid that it will mess up the DTM and leave me with no syncing solution.
    09-06-09 08:29 PM
    Also, has anyone attempted to use the Mac DTM and Mac Media Sync (from RIM) together? Maybe that is the answer to our music syncing woes, but I am a little fearful of installing it, afraid that it will mess up the DTM and leave me with no syncing solution.

i'll try it out and see if it works. it says it doesn't work with Missing Sync or PocketMac but doesn't specifically state DTM
    09-06-09 09:15 PM
    i'm afraid we are still so, so far away to have a good, proper 'all it works' DM....

it's too complicated to synch RIM and MAC...
    that's the reason RIM never release a native DM since years!

and because pocketmac and missying sync are not safe.... it will not work, even if it will be a RIM DM program.. it will not work like to sync blackberry and windows...
    there is something with MAC that RIM DM will always be like pocketmac and missing sync... ; for someone works, for many many won't work... i'm pretty sure i will go back to missing sync

d
    bye.

works fine for me on 4 different Macs, 10.5/10.6 1st gen mini to a current Pro.
    And you must be a software engineer, correct? You understand this is BETA software?
    Perhaps if Missing sync is not safe, as you claim, you should get a Windows PC and be happy.
    09-07-09 02:02 AM

i downloaded and installed and it removed DTM i guess we'll have to wait for the 'official' release. aside from syncing music everything else works just fine
    09-07-09 02:20 AM
    Thank you SaraBear!!

You're the first one to offer some advice. Thank you so much! I haven't attempted uploading video to my iPod. Hopefully I won't get a freaky occurrence there too. I'll give DoubleTwist a try.

As to your question of using Media Sync and DTM together. I wouldn't recommend it, since that's what I did and I think that's why my systems got all screwed up. Even after uninstalling DTM, nothing was ever the same. Sad sad day. But thanks for the advice
    09-07-09 03:39 AM
    I've always had that problem with calendars that are full of all day events. My holidays calendar, for example, does this every time I have to overwrite data on device with data on the Mac. I go in to my BB and fix them all and they stay fixed through subsequent syncs, until I have to use the overwrite option again.
    Tanxs, have to find a way to deal with the manny agenda I use..
    09-07-09 03:22 PM
    I seem to be getting almost duplicate address book entries (on the BB). I am using the Facebook app, and the only difference between contact versions is the facebook name field. Is anyone else having a similar issue? Any fixes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 05:05 PM
    I am a new imac user, so confused and fed up trying to figure out how to sync my bold that I went with google sync instead. I hope it gets easier when RIM releases desktop manager for Mac.
    09-07-09 05:11 PM
    iBook G4 running Leopard OSX 10.5.8 and a VZW Storm 9350

Everything does fine, with two exceptions.

a) The music purchased from iTunes store doesn't want to transfer over. Though this was to be expected. Music "purchased" elsewhere... no worries.

b) after I started syncing with the new DM, now Google Sync has petered out on me and i can't OTA sync. Related or coincidence... still kinda a bummer.

good times!!!!
    09-07-09 06:21 PM
    Running Bold on AT&t with .167 official, 2007 MB Pro with 10.5.8.

Have three calendars on the BB, main and personal are the two I use. Have been using PocketMac to sync up til now, had an issue a while back and only main schedule had been syncing recently. Tried to select only those two calendars, which are named exactly the same on both devices, my first sync doubled up all my birthdays (all day events?). Deleted the doubled events from the main calendar on BB and Mac. Ran a sync, and it deleted all those events on my Mac in the personal schedule (where they were originally from). I think some of the issue is the selection box under the list of schedules "Add events created on BB device to:" If this is there, it isn't really syncing because it should know where to put them. When I synced again today, I had added events in the main schedule on the BB, and it put them all in the personal one on iCal (which was selected in DTM). Went back in to the Mac, changed half the events from Friday, did another sync, nothing changed, all still in correct schedule on BB (main BB schedule where they started). Just synced, it has re-added the all day events to my main BB sched, nothing else seems to changed. It is also has not added my personal schedule events at all. Must be a problem with seeing two different calenders, which really sucks. Don't understand why that would be a problem, as they should have different signatures in programming somehow. Grrrr

Ran a backup successfully, only gave me an error about browser cache. Not even working with contacts yet, different everything on both devices, so I'm not trying that at all yet.

Music / iTunes seems to have worked fine for me also, selected two playlists, and they both dropped to the BB fine. Had a few that said couldn't be played on the BB, which I have yet to get into, but other than that seemed ok. Had no music on the device before this.

Saw no problems with editing as some people had, can edit on both after a sync with all calendar entries.

Really want this to work because although I need my other Macbook to run Win for work, I use Mac for everything else like my calendar, and I really hate dealing with Win.

Was planning on updating to the new .297 software, found a copy this weekend even after At&t pulled it, but waiting now, have a memory leak somewhere, deleting programs to find it now.

Good luck, hoping this is just an old version we found out there.

***** ADDED 9-8-09 *****
    So I really hope this is a beta and these issues have been worked out. Tried a few more things: sync one calendar at a time, when I did the personal one, it erased everything in my work sched. That means I told it NOT to look at that schedule, and it still erased everything in it. Then when I used a backup and re-synced using only the work sched, and it erased random things, double other things. Then I completely restored iCal form a backup, re-synced with newer info on the BB (last weeks sched) and some of it was deleted from the BB, none of it showed up in iCal. This is absolutely ridiculous and un-acceptable.
    Last edited by JerseyDriver; 09-08-09 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Worked on program some more
    09-07-09 06:31 PM
    I downloaded the pocketmac today, and just got my bb saturday, how do I just get a wallpaper or theme to transfer to my phone? I got the two synched up, but i have no idea how to move downloads of wallpapers and such, it only lets me try to install applications. Please help me..
    Last edited by BoKnows2; 09-07-09 at 07:21 PM.
    09-07-09 06:55 PM
    Here is my latest problem. I keep getting these messages saying that my default service has changed for calendar, and my only options are to merge data (which duplicates everything) or over write data (which makes any changes I have made to the BB calendar vanish). It seems to create a new calendar called "device default" that I can't add events to, so when I do add new events it changes the default service, and I go through this all over again.
    Last edited by SaraBear; 09-08-09 at 01:17 AM.
    09-08-09 01:15 AM
    Here is my latest problem. I keep getting these messages saying that my default service has changed for calendar, and my only options are to merge data (which duplicates everything) or over write data (which makes any changes I have made to the BB calendar vanish). It seems to create a new calendar called "device default" that I can't add events to, so when I do add new events it changes the default service, and I go through this all over again.
    i got this error once or twice for the calendar when i first started using this. after that/those time/s it has not come back.

i keep getting that error though for the contacts. my contacts got doubled so when i set the sync to overwrite the device it copied the same contact over and over. after that it keeps giving me an error and telling me to retry the sync. anyone else have this problem?

marc
    09-08-09 01:34 AM
    It worked great on the first sync, b ut after that my contacts would not sync at all. The calendar also began to partially sync. Then it stopped completely and threw the error "did not sync try again", for both calendar and contacts.

09-08-09 01:43 AM
    I can only get syncing to work if I don't sync the address book with the others. I have to sync calendar, tasks, and memos, then sync address book separately (which really isn't a sync because I must choose overwrite device since I can't add or edit on my BB).

Even when I sync just the address book and nothing else, it hangs for ever before giving me the "sync failed, try again" error. BUT the sync didn't actually fail, as all changes are reflected on my BB. It is like it syncs but the DTM doesn't realize it is finished so it eventually times out. That is probably what messes up memos and tasks syncing when I try to do them all together.
    09-08-09 01:48 AM
    im having issues syncing music to my bb storm..it says i dont have a media card insterted.i have media card support selected on my settings along with mass storage mode enabled when connected..i dont know what gives.
    09-08-09 01:49 AM
    I am getting frustrated with this now. My contacts were messed up in which I have one entry repeated probably 50 times. I cannot delete it. When I try to overwrite sync it gives me the error. Regular sync does nothing. After restarting(phone and comp) and it still not working, I decided to uninstall DM and use missing sync again. Of course it would not rewrite the devices contact list.

So after reinstalling DM, I thought I would restore the phone and get my contacts back. I was wrong there. It restored everything but contacts, even when I chose contacts it did the same.

Anyone have any ideas how to get my contacts to sync with anything?
    09-08-09 02:30 AM
    Works a charm for me. Not 1 problem. Here's hoping for bluetooth sync capabilities

09-08-09 06:39 AM
    OS 10.5.8
    BB v4.5.0.138 on an 8830 Curve

Just installed and ran sync for the first time. Everything worked fine except the calendar. I just get the message, "A sync error has occurred. Please retry the sync." There's no error log where I can see what the problem is? It's not really that crucial. I have my calendar on my iPod Touch. It just would be nice if it worked. Having my Contacts sync is the important thing. Also, I was able to backup the device, as well as remove an app. All in all, I'm happy with the beta and look forward to the official release.
    Last edited by pjo1966; 09-08-09 at 10:43 AM.
    09-08-09 10:41 AM
    with those of you having trouble syncing...do you have multiple calendars (iCal) and/or multiple contact groups (address book)?
    09-08-09 11:06 AM
    with those of you having trouble syncing...do you have multiple calendars (iCal) and/or multiple contact groups (address book)?
    Yes. I have 15 calendars and 8 contact groups. The contacts synced, but the groups do not apply. They are listed under filters, but whenever I turn on a filter there are no contacts listed.
    09-08-09 11:15 AM
    i managed to do a backup but only when i removed profiles from the list of things to be synced
    09-08-09 12:53 PM
    i wish the official DM would come out NOW!
    09-08-09 01:40 PM
    ok, i may be tardy to the party here, but are you saying that there's an official desktop manager for mac users? i'm getting excited here...
    09-08-09 02:36 PM
    yes there is an official desktop manager for mac users but it hasn't come out yet, it is supposed to be out sometime this month, the one that everyone is trying to use now is the leaked version but there are alot of bugs and it isn't the full version...
    09-08-09 03:08 PM
210 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD