10-29-09 12:28 AM
210 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Update for me--everything except for Addy book and iTunes seems to be working ok for now. I still can't sync the address book without it erasing the name of all my companies and deleting the email address of individuals who are next to the company in the address book, leaving me with a bunch of "no name" and empty contacts.

Plus, USB seems to be REALLY slow since installing this. Syncs take forever and even drag & drop of files to the memory card in Finder is painfully slow. It took over 10 minutes to drag 200MB of music to my BB last night.
    09-05-09 09:28 AM
    I've noticed several issues after restoring my Tour:

- Several Screen/Keyboard settings were reset, such as backlight brightness and timeout, convenience key assignments and currency key assignments.
    - Bedside Mode settings were adjusted.
    - 2 of my 3 custom profiles were corrupted. They were assignable manually and seemed to work, but when I had Bedside Mode set to automiatically assign one of my custom profiles, it would keep defaulting to a third profile that was not the one I wanted. I had to delete the two problematic profiles and recreate them to fix that problem.

All of these issues were fixable and just pertained to settings being lost, but this is far from a perfect backup and restore. Let's hope for the future.
    09-05-09 10:03 AM
    but even with that the guys post said u need xprosp2 i couldnt find that. dont know if its just the regular service pack 2 or something special for vmware
    He meant XP Pro SP2. All he meant was a windows partition on your computer for the real DM. It seems this Mac DM is a let down...

The upcoming DM for Mac does not offer compatibility for OS X Tiger... that is really a BUMMER!
    Dude...upgrade. Leopard IMO was the best OS update we've seen from Mac in years. Snow Leopard is cool too (very geeky), but at least upgrade to 10.5...

Anyone know if I have to do something special to the .exe file or it should work with the new mac desktop manager just like that?
    .exe files are windows only. They do not work on Mac, let alone Mac DM. You need a windows partition and then boot camp/vmware to it...
    09-05-09 11:12 AM
    when i try the app's it take like 20min to connect and show me whats on the phone , during which it always freezes on me and it reset my bb, so i had to spend an hour changing everything back hopefully it will be better soon
    09-05-09 12:25 PM
    the contacts sync is a total mess, anyone know how to delete all contacts so i can manually put them all in again? and no the delete data function in DM doesnt work -_-
    09-05-09 12:29 PM
    Everything is working great for me, but why is there no one way sync from BB to Mac?
    09-05-09 12:52 PM
    I cant back up my berry
    09-05-09 12:59 PM
    Does anyone have a confirmation of what stage beta this leak is? Just because it has leaked presumably within weeks of the official release doesn't mean it is a recent build. I remember reading multiple articles several weeks ago that said the Mac DM would have direct Entourage syncing as well as many other features that seem to be absent in this beta. Also, if you go to the About screen on this leak, the copyright is 2008, not 2009. I wonder...
    09-05-09 01:39 PM
    He meant XP Pro SP2. All he meant was a windows partition on your computer for the real DM. It seems this Mac DM is a let down...

Dude...upgrade. Leopard IMO was the best OS update we've seen from Mac in years. Snow Leopard is cool too (very geeky), but at least upgrade to 10.5...

.exe files are windows only. They do not work on Mac, let alone Mac DM. You need a windows partition and then boot camp/vmware to it...

Thanks for answering the questions. so basically even though mac dm is out we cant upgrade the o.s. unless we get vmware and other stuff. correct?
    09-05-09 02:27 PM
    everything works awesome here. on snow leopard if that makes a difference.
    09-05-09 03:49 PM
    everything works awesome here. on snow leopard if that makes a difference.
    Can you add/remove Apps too? I keep getting an error whenever I try...something about a missing module...
    09-05-09 04:14 PM
    Any one successful in removing it from their Mac?
    09-05-09 04:47 PM
    on snow leopard, everything's fine
    09-06-09 11:27 AM
    Usb Modem Tethering!!!!!! Yes
    09-06-09 01:21 PM
    running Snow Leopard on my VaderBook....backup worked fine....sync the iCal....now the music thing is my only hang up. syncing my music again now trying to sync only one playlist because before i don't know what it did aside from try to sync my entire library
    09-06-09 02:30 PM
    Updated my os finally all good, for some reason put my phone in a different time zone. Saved by my roommate still in time for work.

Sync works, only have a problem with the calendar. To be fare, don't know if it's DM facebook ore whatever, have people having birthday's to day's in a row. Some tips?

So all in all it's good to see it's working but hope they come out with the real deal asap..
    09-06-09 02:35 PM
    i am unable to use this software. i installed it 2 days ago and it worked today i tried to backup and my phone recognized can someone assist?
    09-06-09 02:52 PM
    Running Snow Leopard was able to sync everything (iTunes, iCal, contacts) just fine. However, afterward I am unable to edit any of my contacts. Hope this gets fixed in the official release.
    09-06-09 03:08 PM
    Sync works, only have a problem with the calendar. To be fare, don't know if it's DM facebook ore whatever, have people having birthday's to day's in a row. Some tips?.
    I've always had that problem with calendars that are full of all day events. My holidays calendar, for example, does this every time I have to overwrite data on device with data on the Mac. I go in to my BB and fix them all and they stay fixed through subsequent syncs, until I have to use the overwrite option again.
    09-06-09 03:11 PM
    i am unable to use this software. i installed it 2 days ago and it worked today i tried to backup and my phone recognized can someone assist?
    I got, i got it, i figured out why it wasn't working and a little disappointed even tho it a beta. the cause of my problem was the fact that my MBP running snow leopard boots up in 64bit by default when i restarted in 32bt it worked. this needs to support 64bit
    09-06-09 04:11 PM
    I cant upload any videos on my BB anymore, since i downloaded the DM. It always reads that it's an unsupported format. I've tried all formats, even those that worked before. For example, i have video A in M4V format saved prior to the download. Now, i uploaded Video B, also in M4V, AFTER download of the DM, and my phone says it's an unsupported format. Can someone please help? Is it a setting in my phone that could've changed? Uploading music is also a pain in the *** now!!

I wish I had never downloaded the DM. I reverted to my prior setting on my computer, and everything is still all screewed up. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
    09-06-09 04:57 PM
    I thought I was, but I still can't do the things I used to be able to without a hitch, prior to downloading this piece of crap. Serves me right for using a beta. sigh.
    09-06-09 05:02 PM
    Running Snow Leopard was able to sync everything (iTunes, iCal, contacts) just fine. However, afterward I am unable to edit any of my contacts. Hope this gets fixed in the official release.
    Did you do one way sync or 2 ways?
    I got the same problem after syncing contacts, they are all locked and can not be edit or deleted. Caller ID was gone too.
    09-06-09 05:13 PM
    can somebody spell this out for me. i can't seem to get it to sync properly. case in point. i've made a playlist specifically for my storm with the music i'd like to sync. i only sync the selected playlist yet it continues to attempt to sync all my music.
    09-06-09 05:50 PM
    can somebody spell this out for me. i can't seem to get it to sync properly. case in point. i've made a playlist specifically for my storm with the music i'd like to sync. i only sync the selected playlist yet it continues to attempt to sync all my music.
    That seems to be a common problem with a lot of us. It ignores the "use selected" settings in everything. Even when syncing calendar, if I try to sync just two or three of my calendars, it only syncs 1 of them. I have to sync all or nothing.

I cant upload any videos on my BB anymore, since i downloaded the DM. It always reads that it's an unsupported format. I've tried all formats, even those that worked before. For example, i have video A in M4V format saved prior to the download. Now, i uploaded Video B, also in M4V, AFTER download of the DM, and my phone says it's an unsupported format. Can someone please help? Is it a setting in my phone that could've changed?
    I don't know what the cause of it is, but ironically after I installed DTM I started to get that same message for a few videos n my iPod--videos that had synced previously, but now iTunes is telling me that my iPod won't play. Strange behavior, indeed.

As far as putting videos on the BB, the free version of DoubleTwist is still working perfectly for me. Even if the Mac or BB thinks that the video you want to transfer is an unsupported format, DoubleTwist should work as it encodes on the fly, anyway. I just know I have had no problems using it, even though I have had some issues with traditional methods.
    09-06-09 07:23 PM
210 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD