10-29-09 01:28 AM
210 1234 ...
tools
    Everything seems to work well besides syncing with Entourage. It will sync everything to ical and address book though. I know this is a Leak/Beta but its a shame there is no OS update option. It someways DM fo Windows is still better which is a shame
    09-03-09 03:25 PM
    I'm not surprised by all the inconsistencies of this DM for Mac. It's just like an OS for the phone. Everyone is having different issues and some aren't having any at all. WTF? I'm happy that I can back-up the data but that is all that works for me.

Let's hope that this leak was an early version of it and they don't release this version tomorrow to the masses.

Has anyone installed the new 9530 leak and re-tried DM to see if that helps?
    09-03-09 04:20 PM
    Well, I tried it...by the way I'm running 10.5.8. Snow on the way.
    Erm... I'm not sure how I feel about DM Mac, I think it's functioning somewhat ok baring in mine its in beta.

Ok what I dont like:

I don't like the fact it doesnt clearly indicate that ive backed up my data... unless im missing something.

I dont like that it appears that we wont be able to update the OS, mainly leaked. So I guess I'm not done with DM Windows.
    Last edited by The Gift; 09-03-09 at 06:39 PM.
    09-03-09 06:33 PM
    Oh, and I wish there were a way to delete music off my berry and sync a new playlist, all within the program. does anyone catch my drift??
    09-03-09 06:51 PM
    As I posted in the other thread:

- Device backup worked perfectly with all options checked.
    - Notes and Tasks sync fine.
    - Calendar created some duplicate entries on my Mac and cleared my CC completely, but on a second sync restored everything to my BB and worked fine after that.
    - Contacts are troublesome: first sync duplicated only those contacts listed as businesses without First and Last names. Duplicate entries could not be edited or deleted. I then did a contact sync with the "Replace all BlackBerry contacts" checked and it removed all duplicates but left me with uneditable, undeletable contacts.

I am now attempting to restore from the backup I made. The first attempt I made stalled out at my 3000+ SMS Message sync. I was given an alert that said the sync process failed. I am hoping against hope I can restore again, lest I have to screw with it all night.
    09-03-09 07:23 PM
    Oh, and I wish there were a way to delete music off my berry and sync a new playlist, all within the program. does anyone catch my drift??
    Click summary/device options/media and there is an option to delete what DTM has put on the BBerry.

After spending many hours in full Geek Girl mode trying to get this to work, I've been able to make more things work and am now left with the following issues:

1. Only the main calendar will sync. No subscribed calendars or auxiliary calendars show up on the Blackberry
    2. Every sync moves tasks from my device to my Mac and deletes them completely from the Blackberry. This happens even when I have it set to overwrite the BB with the desktop
    3. iTunes will not sync at all. It keeps telling me I do not have enough space on my memory card to put the selected playlists on the card, even though my memory card is empty and the playlist selected is less than 50 MB
    4. Occasionally, it somehow ignores my iSync settings to warn me of any changes to my Mac

I can work around the calendar stuff and iTunes problems. Tasks are the only real issue as of now. I at least see some potential, given that this was just build 75. The release later this month will probably have most of this stuff worked out.
    09-03-09 07:45 PM
    Update: a restore with SMS excluded very swiftly restored my Tour to optimum operability. I do believe I am going to try one more restore with ONLY SMS checked.
    09-03-09 07:53 PM
    I gave it to a friend it said her OS was not compatible.
    09-03-09 08:01 PM
    So Far, I've seen fewer issues than I've had with Pocket Mac or MissingSync.
    09-03-09 08:09 PM
    Isolated SMS restore worked. Took forever due to the database size, but it worked. I am now back to my pre-DM state.

Another thing I noticed - the Media Card is inaccessible by the BlackBerry while it is connected to DM. As such, wallpapers disappear when the device comes back after the sync screen and if you are to get a call/text/email while the device is connected, you will not hear your tones *if they are stored on the Media Card*. Disconnecting the data cable fixes it but still.....interesting.
    09-03-09 08:28 PM
    Everything I've tried has worked flawlessly. I have successfully synced my calendar, contacts, and music. Also did a full back up with no problems whatsoever. I am loving this DM...it's about time! =)
    09-03-09 09:39 PM
    Did a backup... it seemed to finish but gave me the error that "the following databases could not be backed up. Message"
    09-03-09 09:40 PM
    when i connected, it tell me i have updates.. then i start update, the backup starts but it stops when it reaches themes.. then i get "failed to update your BB device" :-( Same with backing up.. it stops at theme settings.. would it be something to do with a theme i have installed?
    Last edited by jho51e; 09-03-09 at 10:15 PM.
    09-03-09 09:58 PM
    WHEN I SYNCED MY CONTACTS, it shrunk all my pics for the contact. It looks horrible now. If someone calls, their picture is now very pixelated. And if I go into my contacts to edit them, the pic is tiny. If I fix the pic and sync again, it goes right back to being small.. any thoughts?
    09-04-09 12:30 AM
    What would help is if ppl would state what OS they are running on their Mac and what type of BB your using. Some of us are using leopard and others Snow Leopard. Also don't forget to put what type of phone your using. Whether it be a 9500 or a 9530 etc so we could also see if its a CDMA device problem or GSM prob.

Also has anyone loaded an OS on their phones yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 12:32 AM
    Running 10.5.8 for another few days now with an 8330. Perfect, no problems whatsoever. Everything has been working for me - I love it. Finally not wishing to ditch BlackBerry to get something to work with my MacBook. Now if only the charging station for Curves did data, too. That would have been a great solution.

I read about this laying in bed checking Twitter. Immediately grabbed my laptop and downloaded when I saw this. Didn't want to miss the download for any reason.

I am running a "lighter" MacBook than some of you. I have lots of data, but not a huge amount of programs. No idea if that leads to less bugs. I never had issues with Pocket Mac either, luckily.

~Bcloutier~
    09-04-09 12:55 AM
    Everything works fine for me except when I tried to remove apps. It gives some kinda error message about a missing module
    09-04-09 01:12 AM
    when i connected, it tell me i have updates.. then i start update, the backup starts but it stops when it reaches themes.. then i get "failed to update your BB device" :-( Same with backing up.. it stops at theme settings.. would it be something to do with a theme i have installed?
    I have a MBP running Leopard, BB Bold with v4.6.0.216 (platform 4.0.0.183)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 01:25 AM
    Everything works fine for me except when I tried to remove apps. It gives some kinda error message about a missing module
    Yea I am as well.

Currently running 10.5.8 with my 9630 on .40.

Anyone tried to load any OS's? Im gonna download one for my Storm right now and see what i can try with it.
    09-04-09 02:14 AM
    I have a Macbook Pro Unibody 2009 with SL installed. I could play around about 5 minutes on the app yesterday without really going into details but I never managed to tether notes without it showing error message. Otherwise, it works quite nicely with a descent interface. I like it considering that it only is a beta and RIM probably will come up with a better version soon. It's worlds apart from Pocketmac or any other non official solutions out there in terms of experience.
    Last edited by noxdiurna; 09-04-09 at 08:00 AM.
    09-04-09 03:42 AM
    Everything seems to work well besides syncing with Entourage. It will sync everything to ical and address book though. I know this is a Leak/Beta but its a shame there is no OS update option. It someways DM fo Windows is still better which is a shame
    The OS Update option is on mine? I clicked Applications and check for updates and boom, it even had several versions listed for me to choose from I posted pics on another thread, of the actual update process.
    09-04-09 07:19 AM
    Working great for me. I've done 2 syncs several hours apart and all my data synced perfectly. I did have a database corruption error in Entourage during my first sync, but a repair fixed that. I did have to change all the "home" email addresses to "work" and there was some doubling of a couple of contacts and phone numbers, but nothing major.

It's interesting that you can only sync addresses with Mac's address book and not Entourage, so I had to set Entourage to sync with Address Book. No biggie.

I don't know if anyone has notices, but in the network settings the software installed a RIM phone option plus settings to use the BB as a modem. I haven't been able to get it to work though because unlike the bluetooth settings there isn't a way to just have the APN, id, and password as the default connection settings. I went to advanced and changed the phone settings to GSM, but no dice. Anyone know how to get this to work? My provider doesn't use a phone number to access the network, just the APN. Guess I'll have to stick to tetherberry, which is working flawlessly for me
    09-04-09 07:51 AM
    Syncing itself works fine... but I have multiple calendars in iCal some of which I don't want on my bb. When I select "sync selected only" I can only select 1 calendar at a time...
    09-04-09 08:06 AM
    The OS Update option is on mine? I clicked Applications and check for updates and boom, it even had several versions listed for me to choose from I posted pics on another thread, of the actual update process.
    Can you link to these pics please? How did you update your OS using a .exe file (as all OS updates are as far as I know)? Are you sure those weren't just application updates, or were you running a bb OS below .148 and it asked you to update to that? I think most users are concerned about updating leaked Os', which I think won't be possible thanks to the fact they are .exe files (as is shrink-a-os, so you probably want to install on a windows machine anyway. Yay bootcamp/vmware).
    09-04-09 08:31 AM
    Did you have to do something to get it to check for software updates or did it go automatically, like it is supposed to? I should be getting an update but I can't make DTM notice it.
    09-04-09 09:43 AM
210 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD