12-08-10 10:06 AM
111 ... 345
tools
    Hi there,

Looking for some help please.

Every time i try to update the handset via DM for mac, the new version, i get this error message ... blackberry desktop manager failed to update your device...

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated !

Thanks ...
    try doing it without sim card and battery in. put battery in if you must, keep sim card out. worked for me.
    02-25-10 09:14 PM
    02-25-10 09:15 PM
    I am using a macbook pro with snow leopard and the most up to date version of DM, I just got my bold 9700 today and when trying to connect it through DM to sync it does not recognize that it is even connected, giving me a message saying that I must connect my blackberry to continue. I have done battery pulls and restarted my laptop both with no success. Any ideas on a solution?
    try connecting it to the cpu without battery and sim card. put battery in if you must, keep sim card out. this worked for me after trying MANY other ways. patience is the key! (be sure to do a backup )
    02-25-10 09:17 PM
    im running os x and when i sync with my bold 9700 everything works great no issues but when i disconnect the sync changes all of my ringtones back to the default settings anyone one seen this yet
    03-01-10 12:51 AM
    I have only had my iMac for a couple of months and the Desktop Mgr for the Mac OS is quite different from my PC and going through a large learning curve not just with the computer itself, but now with the DM.

I can't get the photos/videos to sync but from reading other posts, the Mac OS just doesn't do that. My biggest issue I am having is that every time my Storm goes into sleep mode, an error message displays "! The disk was not ejected properly. If possible, always..." And when I activate my phone I get a stream of error messages.

The answer is probably right in from of my nose, but I've gone through all the Storm manual and Blackberry's website and cannot find anything associated with this.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    03-12-10 03:30 PM
    i cant back up my bold because when ever its at BBGroup it would get stuck and say backup failed please try again...anyone can help me out? thanks
    03-14-10 01:44 AM
    The main issue most people seem to have is the 'blackberry desktop folder' in their mac library. Deleting this and and having a phone with empty contacts and address book seems to be almost a requisite. It also helps to have only one calendar on your mac.
    1. Navigate to <User>/Library/Application Support/
    2. Delete the BlackBerryDesktop folder.
    3. Empty the Trash Bin.
    4. Restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Do your sync again, and it should work.
    03-14-10 04:15 PM
    The main issue most people seem to have is the 'blackberry desktop folder' in their mac library. Deleting this and and having a phone with empty contacts and address book seems to be almost a requisite. It also helps to have only one calendar on your mac.
    1. Navigate to <User>/Library/Application Support/
    2. Delete the BlackBerryDesktop folder.
    3. Empty the Trash Bin.
    4. Restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Do your sync again, and it should work.
    that worked...thanks!
    03-14-10 07:34 PM
    BB Bold 9700 v5.0.0.743 (Plattform 5.1.0.165) & Mac OS X 10.6
    Cant sync anymore

Two weeks ago my BB was not starting anymore. The LED light kept on lighting red when the phone was charging. The phone wouldn't start or do anything else.
    As there is a guarantee on the BB I went to the dealership.. yesterday I got it back.. all languages except for dutch and english were deleted. also my contacts and calendars were missing. I did not save a copy of the BB before.. sadly..
    after reinstalling the right languages via BB Desktop Manager I wanted to sync my contacts and calendars, so I pressed the green sync-button.. literally nothing happened.

since then I am trying to fix the problem. I already bought MissingSync for $39.95 .. but still it doesn't work.

There is one (well, another) strange thing: I got an error message concerning something like "Preferences/ .. /.. HUMMAI/../USB .. etc.. " and I recognised that the BB did not show up in the Finder at all.
    I was concerned that my Mac's USB port might have crashed but I can still run an external HD via USB.

I already tried pocketmac or so and google sync (which worked but did not provide every number).. I am sick of this problem!

Thank you for every help guys!!
    12-02-10 05:27 PM
    hey guys i have a blackberry 8900, i connected to blackberry desktop manager and it said i had a update for my blackberry 8900 to 5.0.0.900, so i updated my phone, now when my try to restore my phones information it says it fails, how can i fix it i really need all my backed up information any help would be great thanks
    12-07-10 02:26 AM
    All of a sudden, my Desktop Manager for Mac says "There are no calendars available for syncing on this computer".
    My ICal calendar on my Mac will not sync at all with my 9650 Bold. I deleted the BB folder in my library, but that didn't work.
    12-08-10 10:06 AM
111 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD