12-08-10 10:06 AM
111 ... 2345
tools
    I haven't had any issues at all. Running 10.6.2 on a late model 21.5" iMac. I liked that it prompted me to update my OS from .181 to .182 even though my vendor file was deleted. Only thing I don't like is that there is no OS shrinking software for mac so I'm stuck using MaxMem which doesn't work as well.
    01-05-10 01:53 AM
    I'm having nothing but problems with the BB DM for mac. Whenever I install any software - as I'm trying to do now - it hangs at the point where it says "Waiting for device to restart" . Its been on that (with the spinning hourglass on my BB) for about an hour now. And it did this to me the other day. Needless to say, I can't use my phone nor am I supposed to disconnect right now. I don't know what to do. Is it supposed to take this long? This is ridiculous to me.
    01-05-10 02:01 PM
    I am using a macbook pro with snow leopard and the most up to date version of DM, I just got my bold 9700 today and when trying to connect it through DM to sync it does not recognize that it is even connected, giving me a message saying that I must connect my blackberry to continue. I have done battery pulls and restarted my laptop both with no success. Any ideas on a solution?
    01-08-10 03:12 PM
    I am using a macbook pro with snow leopard and the most up to date version of DM, I just got my bold 9700 today and when trying to connect it through DM to sync it does not recognize that it is even connected, giving me a message saying that I must connect my blackberry to continue. I have done battery pulls and restarted my laptop both with no success. Any ideas on a solution?
    First make sure you're not booting in 64 bit mode, second are you sure the cable is OK? third is MTP on? see here
    01-08-10 04:46 PM
    im not in 64 bit mode, when i connected the cable it prompted me to enter my password to use mass storage and so my finder recognized it (meaning the cable is fine, correct? its the one that came in the box with the phone at purchase) but DM still wouldnt recognize the phone being connected. and the mtp option you gave is not even present in the location that it says it should be. all im getting in the menu for memory is compression, media card support, and mass storage mode support.
    01-08-10 05:22 PM
    Nvm

~~~~~~~
    Last edited by TDRock; 01-09-10 at 03:47 PM. Reason: since no resources were avail to solve my problem, I resorted to chanting to get my phone back working
    01-09-10 03:14 AM
    I am having the same problem on my new Tour. I originally had a storm 2 that was not doing anything so I did a full backup and a partial backup of just my address book contacts on my MAC PRIOR to connecting my Tour. When it synced, my actual phone had almost all of my contacts doubled but my address book was fine on my computer. I was able to delete the duplicates and when I synced it again it did it a few more times so I had to go back in and delete the dups. Now my phone address book is completely fine (missing some contacts but I can deal with it) and now my address book on my MAC has been almost completely wiped out. Any suggestions ??
    01-09-10 09:11 AM
    I originally had a storm 2 that was not doing anything so I did a full backup and a partial backup of just my address book contacts on my Mac PRIOR to connecting my Tour. When it synced, my actual phone had almost all of my contacts doubled but my address book was fine on my computer. I was able to delete the duplicates and when I synced it again it did it a few more times so I had to go back in and delete the dups. Now my phone address book is completely fine (missing some contacts but I can deal with it) and now my address book on my MAC has been almost completely wiped out. Any suggestions ?? I'm using the most up-to-date version of the Desktop Manager for MAC and my Operating system is Version 10.5.8, Leopard.....I need help! :-(
    01-09-10 09:14 AM
    i've got contact sync issues!

I was using the missing sync and it worked o.k.
    The os in the phone was updated and that software does not work anymore.
    I switched to blackberry desktop manager and it has been weird ever since.
    The contact sync happens, but nothing changes, the phone and desktop remain the same.
    The groups from my address book don't transfer either... even when i set "overwrite the contents
    of the device" in the advanced options.

???

i tried reseting the sync history in isync just in case it was a problem with the sync history.
    I know it handles the sync history, and the same thing happened.

macbook pro running OX 10.5.8
    blackberry storm 9530 v5.0.0.328
    platform 4.2.0.128

Any ideas out there?
    Last edited by digitalwizzard; 01-14-10 at 09:52 PM.
    01-14-10 09:49 PM
    Okay, I've deleted and reinstalled DM and Docs to Go, but I still get this error when I try to update my applications:

Validation failed because a module marked for update (SlideshowToGoResource__en) is not available on local disk

I have no idea what to do. You can't get a Desktop App for D2G that works on a Mac unless it's D2G for the iPhone or iPod Touch. This is SOOO frustrating because I want to update my applications and I can't due to this error.

Any thoughts?
    01-16-10 12:12 PM
    Topic:

my issue is DM Mac doesn't sync correctly with my BB BOLD
    01-19-10 09:11 PM
    I have had a ton of stupid problems with Syncing my blackberry to my mac.

1. Pocketmac = Horrible
    2. Missing Sync Earlier versions = DISGUSTING
    3. The New Blackberry Desktop Manger for mac = EVEN MORE DISGUSTING

Here are some things i have done that helped me.
    1. Re Install the software on your phone. Its annoying but it does work, combined with iSYnc reset of history really gets rid of the problems.
    On the BlackBerry:
    Options > Advanced > Applications
    Select the Missing Sync, press the Menu button and select Delete.
    This will prompt a device reboot.

Following the reboot:
    On the BlackBerry, go to the Media application, press the menu button and select Explore.
    Browse to Device Memory > home > user >
    In that folder select the MarkSpace folder and delete it, if it is present.

If not present, then explore the Media card and if the MarkSpace folder is there at the root level, then delete it there.

(Download the Blackberry File)

2. I was syncing with google in Address book. I suggest NOT doing this it causes problems in your address book and with your google contacts.

I have two macs syncing with Mobile Me. Here is my crazy procedure that works for me. with a combination of Missing Sync and Desktop Manager for mac. 1. on my Imac I use Missing Sync, but I do not sync the Calendar. 2 On my macbook, I use Mac Desktop Manager and Sync my Calendar (replace data on phone option) This has worked for a few months now. Yes I know ridiculous, but it works.

I am horrible at writing these things so let me recap.

Mobile Me, Google Contacts, Missing Sync, something goes funky in the communication between these mediums, Hopefully they will get this right!
    01-19-10 09:51 PM
    I have a blackberry Curve 8330 and I'm trying to add music to it from Itunes by using the Desktop for mac. It syncs with my phone but after I disconnect my phone and the program, the music is not available on the phone. Can someone tell me the procedure of adding music from my mac to the bb? I must be doing something wrong? FYI: I'm new to bb : )
    Thanks so much!
    I transfer my music over two ways:

1. Desktop Via USB
    a. Connect to Desktop Manager via USB to Mac Computer
    b. Enable Mass Storage
    c. Click on BB DM on right side of screen to open
    b. Create a Music Folder in Blackberry Device Screen
    e. Open Music Files on Computer on Left Side of Screen
    f. Drag and Drop into Music Folder I created on Blackberry

2. Computer to MicroSD via Card Reader
    a. Take MicroSD out of Blackberry
    b. Insert into card reader on Computer
    c. Open MicroSD on right side of screen
    d. Open Music Folder in Finder Screen on Left Side of screen
    c. Select Songs I want, then Drag and Drop to card

Viola.
    01-20-10 02:37 AM
    Hi,
    I also have the same issue.Is anyone there to solve the problem.
    01-20-10 06:39 AM
    The one annoying issue I am getting is that when I back up it wont back up my profile settings. Also I am unable to load 3rd apps back onto my phone via DM even though they are backed up.
    01-20-10 06:46 AM
    I switched from a PC to a MAC and downloaded the synchronization desktop manager for the MAC but now am unable to synchronize my Yahoo calendar and contacts. When I did the synch is eliminated what I had on the B'Berry and now my contacts are empty as I use Yahoo and NOT Apple software for that. Is there a way to synchronize Yahoo on the MAC? I now have a dumb phone rather than a smartphone! Appreciate any assistance.
    02-01-10 02:40 PM
    I'm also having the same problems as others in this thread. Duplicates, Duplicates and Duplicates! I tried everything from I Cal, address book to Entourage 2008 and nothing. I'm now using VM Ware (Windows XP) on my MacBook Pro and syncing Outlook via Desktop Manager on Windows with no problems! I wish DM for Mac works as good as the DM for Windows because I love my Mac. I'm hoping RIM gets this fixed in a prompt fashion!
    02-01-10 08:02 PM
    I'm too frustrated to list all the sync problems I have with the bb desktop mgr for MAC.
    Does anyone know of any other sync software that would sync my bb (8220 flip) to MAC Entourage??

I've lost data (and yes I've backed up but would loose everything forward of the original backup which has most of the lost data); everything in my entourage and bb is now deleted if older than 3 months (I do not have that option checked in entourage preferences); my notes just keep reproducing themselves; I'm afraid to sync my contacts as the last time I lost everything and had to go back to an old pc to get them from outlook, lost 1 year of new contacts; and so on.
    02-16-10 04:07 PM
    I have parallels on my MACbook but was not able to get the win version of bb desktop to work in the windows xp platform. How do you sync with Outlook in win xp on your MAC?
    Thanks
    02-16-10 04:10 PM
    My issues:

* Events transfer from iCal to the BB Curve, but they lose any reminders that were set when I entered them into iCal.

* Events created on the BB do not transfer to iCal.

I'm using Desktop Manager for Mac.
    02-21-10 06:10 PM
    Haven't checked with the latest versions but I could only download the limited Mac software approved by my provider (Rogers) via Mac Desktop, and not the other ones with EastAsia fonts available on the PC.
    02-21-10 09:35 PM
    When I first started using BB DM all was well with Entourage, 2008. Over the weekend I had to rebuild my computer and upgraded my software. Since then everything, except the calendar, in Entourage works. I switched to iCal and Address Book. I cannot get the "to do" list to sync at all. At first the contacts were fine. Now updates I make on my computer do not sync to my Storm 2.
    02-24-10 01:47 PM
    BB Mac Desktop Manager can't sync natively to Entourage. It uses Sync Services which is flakey. Believe it or not I'm still using Pocket Mac to sync Entourage 2008 to my Bold on OS 10.5.8. And it works 100% reliably with Calendar, Notes, Address Book and Tasks... including categories. YMMV.

-- Robert.
    02-24-10 04:36 PM
    Mac 10.5.8
    9700 with 5.0.0.321

I sync my BB with iCal OTA using GoogleSync and CalDAV. That works perfectly.
    I also tried it with contacts, but it messed everything up.
    So I try syncing my contacts with Desktop Manager 1.0.2.

The issue is:
    When I set it up and sync the first time from Mac to BB, it's all perfect. Then I create new "test-contacts" on my phone and my mac, sync again, all good.
    BUT:
    When I sync again after a couple of days or one week, the more-than-5%-warning comes up. When I look at the details, I would loose a lot of phone numbers ect if I wouldn't cancel.

Desktop Manager for mac just sucks! I am very disappointed.

Btw. A warning to everybody: Do not try to update your phone OS via DM on the mac! You'll end up with a nuked BB!
    02-25-10 09:20 AM
    So, I went from iPhone to BB9700. I am loving it! I took the phone home and plugged it into my laptop. After syncing my contacts I attempted to send a text. However, it wouldn't let me search through my contacts. I could go through the entire list and pick, but I couldn't start typing a name and select the one I wanted. Any help?
    02-25-10 02:15 PM
111 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD