Just tried synching my Storm with the DM for Mac. Once synched, I can't search or 'find' contacts. I then synched with Google and I could search, but now have duplicates of most of my contacts.
    Any help?
    12-10-09 12:22 PM
    Having the same problem as this the people in this page Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac Sync Error | VoIP Tech Chat

after trying what the page says, the terminal window says this...

“No matching processes belonging to you were found
    No matching processes belonging to you were found
    unlinking and writing version 0 into /Users/mathiasvagni/Library/Application Support/SyncServices/Local/data.version
    2009-12-01 23:37:40.165 defaults[1959:903]
    There is no (UpgradedbTries) default for the (com.apple.SyncServer) domain.
    Defaults have not been changed.

NEVERMIND, google sync fixed my issue for me. Sometimes, I feel like having an iphone would be sooo much easier.
    Last edited by dcy4pres; 12-12-09 at 07:18 AM.
    12-12-09 12:03 AM
    When I sync my Blackberry with the Desktop Manager for Mac, I get this error message:

"The Address Book database cannot be accessed for synchronization.

For help resolving this issue, refer to KB19454 in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Knowledge Base."

I tried searching Blackberry's database, but was not able to find a resolution. Please help. Thank you.
    12-12-09 06:17 PM
    you don't tell us anything...what mac, what mac os, what device....this is like calling a dr. and saying "i don't feel good", please fix me...LOL

Where is your address book data base on your mac? You could try this...

open address book, create an archive (file/export). Select all, delete all cards, close address book. empty trash, repair permissions and restart address book...go to file import and select the archive.
    12-12-09 11:39 PM
    When i sync mi bold 9700 (Fw 5.0.0.321) with my imac (snow leopard 10.6.2.) via DM (any version) i get synchronised appointments without reminder, even if in my ical app i set it on.
    The same with the storm 2 9520.
    Never had this problem with my old bold 9000.
    How can i solve this problem?
    Thanku
    COSE BELLE!!!
    12-14-09 02:49 AM
    Hi there,

Looking for some help please.

Every time i try to update the handset via DM for mac, the new version, i get this error message ... blackberry desktop manager failed to update your device...

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated !

Thanks ...
    I believe I've been having this same problem. I'm using my MacBook (OS X version 10.5.8). I downloaded the DM for Mac (version 1.0.2) off of BlackBerry's website and tried to update my Bold 9700. I got an error message (blackberry desktop manager failed to update your device) after about 75% of the update was downloaded to my phone and it froze. Then I wasn't able to turn the phone off or anything, just had a white screen on the phone that said "error, unable to load os" and a picture that resembled an operating system with a line through it. I took the phone to AT&T and the guy there said "oh, thats not a good thing" and gave me a new 9700, but he didn't know the reason the error happened. So I'm scared to plug my new phone into my laptop again, but what am I supposed to do?
    12-20-09 09:45 PM
    Oh, and one more thing... this same thing also happened with my Curve. I updated to the Bold 9700 thinking that my curve was just old and I was due for an upgrade anyways.
    12-20-09 09:48 PM
    When I sync my Blackberry with the Desktop Manager for Mac, I get this error message:
    "The Address Book database cannot be accessed for synchronization.
    For help resolving this issue, refer to KB19454 in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Knowledge Base."
    Please help. Thank you.
    What I wound up doing was using the Device->Clear Data option in Mac Desktop Manager to backup and clear the device. I also used Options->Advanced->General Settings (Menu key) Wipe Handheld to clear the device (without erasing applications). Then I restored the data from the Clear Data backup (which thankfully did not include the address book). Then I restored the address book from an earlier backup. A lot of work, and a lot of restarts, but I wound up not losing any data, since I back up the BB almost every day.
    Last edited by otaku2; 12-29-09 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Fix name of Menu key.
    12-22-09 08:17 PM
    Two sync option not working for contacts.
    Have a blackberry 9700, BDM 1.0.2, Mac OSX Snow Leopard.

If I create a contact on Mac and then sync it will be visible on the Phone.
    If I create a contact on BB the contact will not be visible in my address book on the mac.

Anyone have a solution?
    12-23-09 10:42 PM
    Interestingly, I haven't run into the issue with being unable to use 'find' for contacts on my new 9700 after syncing it with DM for Mac -- it works just fine for me. For those that are having that problem, a possible solution is (in the address book on the BB) hold down alt and type rbld -- this seems to rebuild the address book's indexing, supposedly fixing the find issue if it's present. I can't test whether it actually does myself, since I'm not having that issue in the first place.

That said, I am having some minor issues with the contacts syncing, namely some fields not syncing beyond the 'known' problematic ones (PIN, categories/groups). None of the following sync for me: nickname, home fax, mobile 2. The latter two are definitely new in BBOS 5.0 (with 'fax' being renamed 'work fax' -- which syncs fine), so I hope RIM is just a little slow on an update to fully support 5.0. The nickname just... doesn't sync. No idea why, or if RIM is aware of it, or whether it's something I'm doing wrong.

I haven't really played with the calendar/tasks syncing much, but the memos seem to work just fine using Mail.apps's notes. Things get a little odd with BB's use of a title field vs. Mail.app just using the first line as a title, but it doesn't lose information anywhere no matter what you do, so I'm not too concerned about that.
    12-23-09 11:54 PM
    I'm having this issue:

Validation failed because a module marked for update (WordToGoResource__en) is not available on local disk

Any thoughts? I can't update any of my applications, now.
    12-29-09 10:59 AM
    try trashing user/username/library/application support/blackberrydesktop. Clear all system and user cache, Empty trash, restart the mac...run repair permissions and try again.
    12-29-09 11:09 AM
    A while ago, i removed my TASKS from my Storm to gain mem space. I tried to reinstall using DM( most recent upgrade) on my G5.

I did a back-up first, of course.

After a long wait, it said that the sync had failed, and then it told me that my device wasn't registering. I had no choice but to unplug my phone and hope it was ok. It was, thank goodness, but now i'm afraid to mess with it again since I have to Force QUit DM every time and I don't want to have to do that with my phone still attached to my computer. sigh. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    12-29-09 12:45 PM
    I downloaded the new Blackberry Desktop Software and was giddy with glee until I ran it.

Duplicates, triplicates, 7 versions of every event appeared on my device. PINs and birthday fields are non-existent in contacts, which is stupid because the PIN field for one is an intrinsinc Blackberry aspect. The device doesn't recognize the different calendars and comes up with a default of Facebook, which is just completely ridiculous. Don't know where that comes from. Music is a total sore spot. In about 15 syncs I managed to get my new music to merge with what was already on the media card, then on the next it blasted them all out.

Decided to wipe device and reinstall good old pocketmac and then started having trouble with that. Decided to give BB DTM another go, now it won't sync music and is creating multiple events again and it thinks my media card is doesn't have the room, but it doesn't have a single thing on it save for one theme.

I think it needs to go back to the drawing board, the beta version definitely has issues.
    12-29-09 03:18 PM
    I am sorry to say this, but you are installing the DM wrong...search for the thread for proper installation...all of you symptoms are due to the fact you used to sync with another third party program...and you failed to remove it all..
    12-29-09 05:01 PM
    I have a Mac and every time I up sync it up for my music, I get several duplicates on my Storm 2. Some songs show 5 on there. Being on a Mac its not easy to just delete these from the computer.

Any advice?
    12-29-09 11:49 PM
    I have a Mac and every time I up sync it up for my music, I get several duplicates on my Storm 2. Some songs show 5 on there. Being on a Mac its not easy to just delete these from the computer.

Any advice?
    what mac, what mac os, what device os...how about providing something other than the symptoms?

Does the SD card show up when you attach it to the mac? I am assuming you mean it is difficult to delete songs from the device not the mac...LOL, as that is easy. Just open the drive and select the songs you want to delete (use command key to select multiple songs).
    12-31-09 11:33 AM
    Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow version. I use the Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac, however it doesn't have all items that Blackberry Desktop for Windows has.

Every time I sync my music using the BB Desktop Manager, it just duplicates it on my BB Storm 2. I tried to delete the multiple songs while connected to Mac and just leave 1 song in there, then nothing will play on my BB.

When I go into my BB playlist, it shows I have 833 songs, but really I only have about 200, they are all duplicates.
    12-31-09 12:45 PM
    When I synched my Tour with DM I got a bunch of duplicate, old, and outdated contacts from my Macs Address Book (which I haven't even looked at or used in years! practically forgot I ever even had anything in it) on my Tour. Now my Tour won't let me edit or delete them from the phone. Whenever I try to Delete them the contact just stays there. When I try to edit them at all when I go to hit save I get a message that says "contact updated externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed." So basically I can't get rid of them
    I REALLY wish I had read this first. I was SO excited to see DTM for MAC. I'm having the same issues plus others listed that now PocketMac doesn't work even after uninstalling DTM. Same here. SO very frustrating. This is very silly. It's like it wasn't even tested at all before releasing.
    12-31-09 07:05 PM
    To sphoenix77:
    Maybe this should be made a sticky:
    The main issue most people seem to have is the 'blackberry desktop folder' in their mac library. Deleting this and and having a phone with empty contacts and address book seems to be almost a requisite. It also helps to have only one calendar on your mac.
    1. Navigate to <User>/Library/Application Support/
    2. Delete the BlackBerryDesktop folder.
    3. Empty the Trash Bin.
    4. Restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Do your sync again, and it should work.
    01-01-10 04:29 PM
    Edit previous post:
    To install the new dm you must get rid of any other dm programs like missing sync, pocketmac, etc, and then do the procedure outlined above.
    01-01-10 04:32 PM
    To sphoenix77:
    Maybe this should be made a sticky:
    The main issue most people seem to have is the 'blackberry desktop folder' in their mac library. Deleting this and and having a phone with empty contacts and address book seems to be almost a requisite. It also helps to have only one calendar on your mac.
    My device was full of contacts and calendars and I have about 14 calendars on iCal and never had a problem...installation of the DM is important though...

here is a install guide
    01-01-10 07:56 PM
    I got a new Bold 9700 (OS 5.0.0.344) a couple of weeks ago and synced fine with DM for Mac (I have a MacBook 10.5.8). It was great until a couple of days ago it developed an error 523 while I was changing a record which seemed to be completely irreconcilable and I was unable to restart the BB at all. Somehow after many attempts to restart it turned into an error 507. I was lucky enough to be able to borrow a PC at the time to put the OS back onto the BB and thankfully as I'd recently backed up was able to restore most things. Since though it's not really synced properly, has been creating double and treble entries, and now worse, has removed all records from my Entourage Calendar and Tasks (Address Book and Notes have remained fine). I'm very grateful that thus far, I've not lost all the records as they're on the BB and backed up via DM but I'm unable to get them to sync back to Entourage now and don't know how to restore the records from the back ups. I'd be happy with the double and treble records (well, not happy, it's not ideal as it takes up space and is pretty messy, but better than no records at all!) if I can just have my calendar back! Please any advice or help would be much appreciated.
    01-04-10 01:07 AM
    I've been successfully syncing my Bold with my iMac, using the Mac DM from BlackBerry. However, while I can still connect, backup and restore with my new Storm 9550, I can no longer sync. Any ideas?
    01-04-10 06:00 AM
    I got a new Bold 9700 (OS 5.0.0.344) a couple of weeks ago and synced fine with DM for Mac (I have a MacBook 10.5.8). It was great until a couple of days ago it developed an error 523 while I was changing a record which seemed to be completely irreconcilable and I was unable to restart the BB at all. Somehow after many attempts to restart it turned into an error 507. I was lucky enough to be able to borrow a PC at the time to put the OS back onto the BB and thankfully as I'd recently backed up was able to restore most things. Since though it's not really synced properly, has been creating double and treble entries, and now worse, has removed all records from my Entourage Calendar and Tasks (Address Book and Notes have remained fine). I'm very grateful that thus far, I've not lost all the records as they're on the BB and backed up via DM but I'm unable to get them to sync back to Entourage now and don't know how to restore the records from the back ups. I'd be happy with the double and treble records (well, not happy, it's not ideal as it takes up space and is pretty messy, but better than no records at all!) if I can just have my calendar back! Please any advice or help would be much appreciated.
    For anyone who has similar issues, it was occurring due to the items being stored in the Default calendar rather than my own calendar. There's an article that explains how to deal with it - unfortunately I can't post it as I've not posted enough here but if anyone needs to know, either ask or do a search for "change default calendar on blackberry" and a howto article from BlackBerry comes up.

Yay me for working it out - and major phew!
    01-04-10 04:11 PM
111 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD