12-08-10 11:06 AM
111 1234 ...
tools
    I have a Curve 8300. When I sync with my MacBook Pro I am missing about 25% of my music. My BlackBerry will not display some songs, albums or entire artists. When I simply drag and drop them into the device folder they show up but if I use the desktop manager they are ignored.

Under the "Sync Warning" window its says 79 files were not copied because they were not found or can not be cannot be played. Both statements I know to be false. Please help.
    Last edited by chiefcronic; 11-19-09 at 09:47 PM.
    11-19-09 09:25 PM
    I have a Curve 8300. When I sync with my MacBook Pro I am missing about 25% of my music. My BlackBerry will not display some songs, albums or entire artists. When I simply drag and drop them into the device folder they show up but if I use the desktop manager they are ignored.

Under the "Sync Warning" window its says 79 files were not copied because they were not found or can not be cannot be played. Both statements I know to be false. Please help.
    What type of files are they? Do you have enough free space?
    11-20-09 01:27 PM
    I guess what I am asking for is an option to only sync the mac from my 8900. There is an option for the PC but not the mac. Does this make sense? My main Outlook calendar is on a PC (work) and I make my changes there but I want to have the changes moved to the mac.
    11-20-09 02:14 PM

that is because it will not sync "protected" media...
    Last edited by tinpusher; 11-20-09 at 03:57 PM.
    11-20-09 03:04 PM
    Well then it may be syncing to a calendar on your device and you don't know it. What do you see options>advanced options>default services? make sure the default CICAL matches the email you use on your mac.
    Hi Statman. You say to make sure the CICAL matches the email you use on mac.

So on my Mac, I do not have any email set up. I just use Gmail from the Safari browser. All my calendar entries are on a "Home" calendar in iCal.

Should I rename "Home" to my email address? Is that how to match it up?

(I have the same problem in that when syncing calendar, it hangs around the 50% mark every time)
    11-20-09 03:09 PM
    I just got a replacement since my Storm1 has apparently hit puberty and freaked out.

Now I would like to backup and restore 3rd party applications. Any way to do this?
    11-20-09 07:57 PM
    Hey all. I'm having a new problem that I can't find any support for.

Main problem: I have no acceptable way of syncing my BB Memopad right now. The only option for a two way sync is Mail...no thank you. I was using The Missing Syncs Notebook before switching to BB Desktop Manager, but that's not available; my Entourage X is so old that there is no sync option to turn on. Is there a list of supported software for the Desktop Manager that I can't find? I'm considered switching back to TMS and upgrading just so I can have a syncable notepad, but their site says that the Music and Photos sync doesn't work on the BB OS 5.

So as far as I can tell nothing will 100% sync right now. Oy, everything was fine before all the upgrades, maybe I should just go back to BB OS 4 until TMS works with OS 5.

Using: Storm 9530 w/BB OS 5.0.0.328 , Mac 10.5.8
    11-21-09 12:31 AM
    I don't have a problem but I wish I could upgrade os with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 12:36 AM
    I've been seeing a lot of sync issues out there for Desktop for Mac. Feel free to post yours in this thread. I find the contact picture sync to extremely frustrating. They are re-sized too small if you upload them from your mac. Anyone else having this issue?
    I use a Mac running Snow Leopard and the new BB desktop manager. I cannot get my BB Tour 9630 to properly sync the contacts from Mac's address book. I have 297 contacts in my address book and 342 on my phone. I even tried overwriting all contacts on the BB with the address book, which didn't fix the problem. I am not getting any sync errors, but I can't get the two devices to have the same contact information. Any suggestions?
    11-21-09 12:58 PM
    I use a Mac running Snow Leopard and the new BB desktop manager. I cannot get my BB Tour 9630 to properly sync the contacts from Mac's address book. I have 297 contacts in my address book and 342 on my phone. I even tried overwriting all contacts on the BB with the address book, which didn't fix the problem. I am not getting any sync errors, but I can't get the two devices to have the same contact information. Any suggestions?
    If the correct contacts are on your BB, then delete all contacts from your mac address book....

When syncing when it asks, to cancel, merge etc....choose merge...
    11-24-09 02:03 PM
    Whenever I try to sync my calendar, I get an error that says "A sync error occurred, please retry the sync." I keep getting this error over and over agin. I've tried rebooting device as well as my mac.

- Macbook intel core 2 duo running OS 10.6.2
    - Bold 9700 running OS 5.0.0.321

Any ideas? I also checked that CICAL or whatever and the e-mail address there matches the one on my mac...?
    11-25-09 10:42 PM
    Ever since I updated to Snow Leopard and the update of DM I have had nothing but problems when trying to Sync to my curve 8900

Contacts and or some fields are not synchronised from address book to the curve.
    Ical only sync's two of the four calendars when previously it done all of them
    I have duplicate and triplicate music on the Curve.

I know how good a device the BB is and i resisted the temptation to return it and get a iphone before but now I am getting ready to jump ship. All i want to do is Sync my phone why is it so hard RIM????
    11-26-09 09:13 AM
    does anyone know a way to connect the blackberry to DM for mac through bluetooth? i just bought a storm, and now i dont have the usb cord for it, and i really dont feel like going out to buy it either. thanks.
    11-26-09 12:45 PM
    does anyone know a way to connect the blackberry to DM for mac through bluetooth? i just bought a storm, and now i dont have the usb cord for it, and i really dont feel like going out to buy it either. thanks.
    You can't run DMFM using BT...sorry.
    11-26-09 01:34 PM
    iCal alert notifications for events do not sync. Is this common?
    11-26-09 09:28 PM
    to dboutet:
    The main issue most people seem to have is the 'blackberry desktop folder' in their mac library. Deleting this and and having a phone with empty contacts and address book seems to be almost a requisite. It also helps to have only one calendar on your mac.
    1. Navigate to <User>/Library/Application Support/
    2. Delete the BlackBerryDesktop folder.
    3. Empty the Trash Bin.
    4. Restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Do your sync again, and it should work.
    11-27-09 07:22 PM
    that did it! thanks a bunch john!
    11-27-09 07:30 PM
    I have a problem that is doing my head in!
    I thought I'd give Mark/Space's "Missing Sync for Blackberry" a go, since it has Bluetooth syncing.
    However, I prefer the BB Desktop Manager. So I uninstalled the app off my handset and rebooted (removed battery).
    I've also removed every trace of the program from my mac (which the uninstaller did a very poor job of).

But now the BB Desktop Manager no longer can "see" the handset when it is connected.
    I assume that there was some sort of function with Missing Sync that prevented two BB Managers interfering with each other which has now stuck and is preventing me connecting to the only BB manager installed on my mac.

I've even de-authorised the handset from the manager so it's back at the welcome screen.

When I connect the handset via usb the Memory card appears as a volume on the mac but it is not seen by the Manager.

Can anyone help me please!?
    Thanks
    11-27-09 09:12 PM
    Two big issues:

One - I am now getting a "sync error" message so I cannot update my contacts.

Second - with the Blackberry Desktop Messenger, I can't sync directly from Entourage, as I could with the PocketMac program.

I may have to go back to Pocketmac.
    11-28-09 01:38 PM
    Two big issues:

One - I am now getting a "sync error" message so I cannot update my contacts.

Second - with the Blackberry Desktop Messenger, I can't sync directly from Entourage, as I could with the PocketMac program.

I may have to go back to Pocketmac.
    did you install it properly? see here
    11-28-09 02:02 PM
    To mikeflamer:
    Did you delete your 'blackberry desktop folder' on your mac before syncing?
    11-30-09 03:38 PM
    I've got a strange (strange to me, at least) issue here...

I have the latest version of DM for Mac and the latest carrier software for my BB Tour (Verizon). I've always been able to backup my phone, but never been able to sync anything. I've played with all of the settings on both my phone and Mac and I always get a sync error. One time, it said, "Persistent store migration failed, missing source managed object model," but I haven't been able to recreate that issue... My main concern is the incapability to sync.

Any help?!
    12-07-09 03:12 AM
    The main issue most people seem to have is the 'blackberry desktop folder' in their mac library. Deleting this and and having a phone with empty contacts and address book seems to be almost a requisite. It also helps to have only one calendar on your mac.
    1. Navigate to <User>/Library/Application Support/
    2. Delete the BlackBerryDesktop folder.
    3. Empty the Trash Bin.
    4. Restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Do your sync again, and it should work.
    12-07-09 03:39 PM
    Hey so for those who have issues check out this link that reports: the known issues, workarounds (if any), and the fixed issues in 1.0.2. Turns out the issue I had in my initial post is recognized but not solved.

BlackBerry Desktop Manager (Mac) - Manuals and Guides

If for some reason it doesn't work try this and search
    BlackBerry - Manuals and Guides
    12-09-09 12:41 AM
    whenever i connect my contacts with facebook it wont sync with my mac it just gives errors i have used DM and Missing Sync :/ i dont know why though :/
    12-09-09 02:13 AM
111 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD