I tried to search but couldn't find any answers to this problem. I have a VZW Curve and have been using Pocketmac w/ no problems for a long time. A week ago it started wigging out on me. It wouldn't sync address book contacts. I pulled my battery and deleted and reinstalled pocketmac and still no luck. Any suggestions here? It runs through the syncing just fine but doesn't update anything. Thanks!
    11-15-08 12:17 PM
    This has happened to me a couple of times with my 7130. What has happened is that one or more of the Pocketmac files is corrupted. There are utilities (part of the Pocketmac download) that clean things up so Pocketmac can work again. You should go to the Pocketmac website e-mail support (it's free) and describe the problem. They will e-mail you the instructions to run the utilities. With my Bold it's a different story, though. Apparently there some compatibility issues with the Bold and Pocketmac isn't up to speed yet to deal with it.
    Last edited by LVampa; 11-15-08 at 08:20 PM.
    11-15-08 08:14 PM
    Try this:
    There are three scripts provided by PM. To get to them go to
    Library > Application Support > PocketMacSyncManager > Additional Tools.
    There you will find DataPurgeUI, EntourageRebuild and SyncClean.

Here is what I would do if this was my BB.
    1. Backup address book and iCal
    2. Launch DataPurgeUI and wipe the address book and calendar data off the BB. This utility just wipes the BB, not the Mac. But this is why you backup
    3. Launch SyncClean and wipe the PocketMac files and the SyncServices file. What this does is makes PM think this is the first sync.
    4. Repair permissions on the Mac
    5. Re-boot the Mac
    6. Launch PM and set address book and iCal to sync one way from the mac to the BB using the advanced tab
    7. Sync
    8. Once the sync is completed, you may set address book and iCal to two way sync.
    11-15-08 11:09 PM
    Hmm, when I open Application Support > PocketMacSyncManager the only folder option I have after that is "Plugins". Any idea why that would be?
    11-16-08 09:09 AM
    The plug-in looks to be for .mac (mobileme) and sync for the BB. What you can do is either look on PM web site for the Data Purge or email them. I thought they were including it with the download, I guess not.
    11-16-08 05:50 PM
    Be sure you have the latest download (4.1.25). It's included in that. Prior to that I don't think it was included.
    11-16-08 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD