I have downloaded PocketMac (latest release I believe is 4.0.20b) and have been fighting with it for the last couple of days to sync my blackberry 8300 with Entourage calendar w/USB cable. And, after numerous attempts, I failed miserably...

I tried uninstalling/installing again, removing logs, running SyncClean, etc, but after I hit Sync, it goes 50% and just hangs there forever (I even left it on for a full night). And, if I cancel it at that point, nothing gets synced. Just to give more details; I disabled all syncs other than the calendar, and for calendar I told it to overwrite the device.

Also, sync logs is below:

[12:26:41.132] Made the connection
    [12:26:41.483] PocketMac version 4.0
    [12:26:43.125] Synchronizing Entourage with BlackBerry Calendar
    [12:26:43.132] Reading data...
    [12:26:48.030] Synchronizing Entourage with BlackBerry Calendar
    [12:26:48.064] Comparing data...
    [12:26:48.089] Synchronizing data...
    [12:26:48.883] All finished.
    [12:26:53.178] 168 changes/new records.

Any idea about what I should be doing at this point? Is there any way of fixing this issue?

Thanks.
    Last edited by kobari; 01-11-08 at 12:06 AM.
    01-11-08 12:03 AM
    kobari, I'm having the exact same issue with no answers! I have done the exact same thing you have with the same results. I haven't got a clue.

Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
    01-15-08 08:07 AM
    I have an ibookG4 and also use the pocketmac to sync. This happened to me the first time also. I un-installed the software completely from my computer, downloaded it again, and haven't had any problems so far. Hope this helps!
    01-16-08 08:49 AM
    Bought and installed what I used on my Palm before I got my BB Curve. The Missing Sync for BlackBerry. Works like a charm and way simpler to use than PocketMac.
    05-21-08 08:00 PM
    I was having the sync issue where it would show up as error 1 skip. I went ahead and followed these instruction from another forum to fix that problem. Although Entourage still didnt sync. My contacts did and that's good enough for me at the moment.

try deleting these 2 files and emptying your trash
    BlackBerryUSBDev.kext
    BlackBerryUSB.kext

they can be found at System (he refers to MAC HD) >Library> Extensions

Once they are deleted install the driver patch again.

Again this is from another forum and also might be here somewhere.
    05-22-08 04:03 AM
    Forgive the premature post, I got so excited I left out a couple of notes,

After 6 days of failed attempts at syncing my mac with my new
    BB 8330 I've finally got it! I tried everything posted on the BB web site until today when I found this help memo.

Synchronizing a BlackBerry smartphone using PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones displays error1; (skipping)
    Doc ID : KB14032
    Last Modified : 2008-01-07
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

* Apple Macintosh computer
    * BlackBerry smartphone
    * PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones

Problem

When the BlackBerry smartphone synchronizes using PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones, data is not transferred and the following error appears:

error1; (skipping)

Resolution

To resolve this issue, upgrade to PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones version 4.0.20b.

Additional Information

If the issue occurs with the updated PocketMac version 4.0.20b, perform a hard reset on the smartphone and restart the Apple Macintosh computer. For instructions on performing a hard reset, see KB02141.

Products & Services:

* PocketMac for BlackBerry

What I did
    I shut off the BB
    Removed the battery
    Reinstalled the battery and truned on the unit.
    Opened Pocket Mac
    Plugged in my BB and it starting syncing as soon as the BB mounted.
    Sync all of my address book in less than five minutes.

Life is great!!

Hope this is useful for all you newbies like me.

Jmonge
    05-22-08 08:16 PM
    I was able to get by the error skipping error by making sure I had my password setup in the connections tab (corporate BB).

Anyways, I also ran into another gotcha with the Curve and the Address Book. My Curve was set up with Wireless Synchronization enabled, which basically makes Address Book Sync do nothing (and you won't get any errors). If you see that your contacts on your BB aren't being populated after a sync, double check to see that the Wirless Sync is disabled. To do that:

Settings -> Contacts -> Options -> Contact Lists / Desktop -> Wireless Synchronization
    07-29-09 02:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD