I have a new mac and downloaded and installed pocketmac last week. Once the support folks had me open itunes and accept its agreement, syncing was working fine. However, I thought that this version of pocketmac supported bluetooth syncing and I changed some of the connection settings to see if I could get that to work. Now I cant get pocketmac syncmanager to open at all. The icon just sits there bouncing like its going to open, but nothing. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled pocketmac with no luck. any ideas??
    03-06-09 08:25 PM
    Try connecting your usb cable and opening pocketmac again. Mine did the same thing, but once I did that it started working again through usb, I have not tried bluetooth since then.
    03-06-09 09:07 PM
    I have a new mac and downloaded and installed pocketmac last week. Once the support folks had me open itunes and accept its agreement, syncing was working fine. However, I thought that this version of pocketmac supported bluetooth syncing and I changed some of the connection settings to see if I could get that to work. Now I cant get pocketmac syncmanager to open at all. The icon just sits there bouncing like its going to open, but nothing. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled pocketmac with no luck. any ideas??
    I dont know how old this FAQ is but I got it off PocketMac's site. According to this, BT is not supported.

03-07-09 08:56 AM
    I had this problem for a few days. I eventually came to the conclusion that one of my settings was causing PocketMac to hang on load. I had tried uninstalling and re-installing the product, just as you did.

The quick fix:
    First, quit PocketMac SyncManager. If you can't, then right-click or Ctrl-click on the icon in the dock, and chose "Force-quit".

Next, in the finder, click the Menu bar->Go->Home->Library->Preferences. Find the file PocketMacBlackberry.plist, and drag it to the Desktop.

Then, re-launch PocketMac SyncManager.

All of your existing settings will be erased, so you'll need to re-select all of your settings. If everything works now, then you can trash the file you earlier moved to the desktop. I said to move it to the Desktop, in case you should need to restore it. If it is working, then it should be safe to delete the backup.

I hope this helps.
    03-15-09 08:26 PM
    Mystery solved! I had issues with Pocketmac not opening (bouncing icon). I have uninstalled and reinstalled so many times that it was not funny. Determined to figure it out, I stubbled across the Blackberry Media Software for Mac, installed it in hopes that maybe it would fix something. The software installed and it indicated that It was not compatible with my iTunes and that I need the latest version. I checked and I did have the latest 8.1, so then I assumed the Pocketmac issue was attributed to an issue with my iTunes and in fact it was!

How to fix:

1) Back up (copy) your iTunes music and files to your desktop.
    2) Completely uninstall iTunes using the instructions from the Apple site, complete the entire instructions
    3) Reinstall iTunes
    4) Open iTunes, accept the agreement and go through the setup. Close iTunes and copy your files back in your Music ITunes folder.
    5) Open Pocketmac and enjoy syncing with Entourage
    04-04-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD