I have a Q and I am picking up a Verizon Curve on Monday. I am using missing sync currently on my Mac. Should I stick with missing sync or use Pocketmac. I sync ical and the address book
    06-01-08 08:02 PM
    My vote is for MisingSync. You are eligible for a discount since you are already a customer. I got the discount going from Palm to BB.

A lot of folks have no problems with PM, but I couldn't get it to go.

MS goes w/o a problem.

my $.02
    06-03-08 06:54 PM
    MissingSync. I've used both but MS is better.
    06-03-08 06:58 PM
    Missing Sync for Blackberry from here to China. Have tried to install pocket Mac several times and still does not work. Finally I gave up, uninstall it and installed missing sync. Works flawlessly!
    06-05-08 07:29 PM
    Missing Sync will not sync my iCal to my BB8830. Any suggestions? Help!
    07-03-08 06:21 PM
    Semi I don't have Missing Synch but If you download pocketMac you can synch your ical
    Last edited by Teek; 07-05-08 at 08:47 PM.
    07-05-08 06:35 PM
    Missing Sync will not sync my iCal to my BB8830. Any suggestions? Help!
    I never had problems with missingsync? Is it giving you and any useful errors?

Edit: Actually since I had nothing better to do I just did a quick google search and it looks like the 8830's and missingsync don't get along so well.
    Last edited by brinky; 07-05-08 at 06:42 PM.
    07-05-08 06:37 PM
    pocketmac is ok and free.

missingsync is much better, more advanced, but not free

... my 2 cents
    07-07-08 02:11 AM
    Greetings,

I am a newbie of four days. I downloaded PocketMac and attempted to sync and it got stuck on iCal. PocketMac kept churning but the little dock icon that appears for each section of PM needed a force quit. I was able to get the contacts over and notes, bookmarks and tasks and I got my email set up (though the interface on the BB was cumbersome).

I have a strange feeling that it has to do with DST - the BB shows Eastern time but it shows -5 GMT and we are -4 I think. I downloaded the DST patch and it shows up in the options but I didn't do anything else.

I also opened up the viewable time from 7a to midnight because I am a musician and work in the late afternoon and evenings. No joy. I have spent the better part of 3 days working on this issue. Other parts of the sync process crashed PM but I seem to have gotten them to work.

I am also wondering if anyone uses MobileMe from Apple and can the 8330 work with that platform?

TIA for your assistance!
    09-11-08 12:26 AM
    I had a problem with pocket mac and ical. The people at pocketmac had me uninstall my logitech blue tooth mouse and now the synch works without a problem.

Of course I completely uninstalled pocketmac using the blackberry instructions found on blackberry's website to delete all the hidden files. Just doing the uninstall option in pocketmac will not delete all the files.
    09-11-08 01:39 PM
    I don't know if its just me, but I feel like I can't trust PocketMac's synching for Contacts. It feels to me like it usually misses fields or something everywhere on the phone or mac. Anyone else know? I'm in the same boat too trying to decide between PM or MS.
    09-14-08 04:00 PM
    PocketMac = FREE

Missing Sync = NOT

I went with PocketMac and have not had any issues
    09-14-08 04:09 PM
    Yeah, but which is more reliable with synching information like the contacts and calendar? That to me is the most important!
    09-14-08 04:28 PM
    Like I said :

I went with PocketMac and have not had any issues
    I would not recommend something that is not reliable
    09-14-08 04:55 PM
    missing synch
    even though I use pocket mac to many issues
    09-14-08 04:59 PM
    I have not had any issues with the new PocketMac
    09-14-08 05:00 PM
    It took exactly a week but I paid for MS and presto chango I had everything I wanted - I can't find where it put my notes though! Also, where there was a hiccup, MS provided, on the fly, instructions as to how to fix the problem and since then, smooth sailing.
    09-14-08 09:16 PM
    It took exactly a week but I paid for MS and presto chango I had everything I wanted - I can't find where it put my notes though! Also, where there was a hiccup, MS provided, on the fly, instructions as to how to fix the problem and since then, smooth sailing.
    Yeah, that's where I'm at right now. I feel like MS is the way to go although the price is set a little high. But, at the same time, I know that for the piece of mind that EVERY BIT OF INFORMATION is going to sync in my address books the way I expect, its worth it. I wish more people would give their opinions here as to both, what they know is faulty, etc so I can be clear!
    09-15-08 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD