why can't you use both? What am I supposed to do to sync my music?
    06-15-09 12:24 PM
    you can sync your music with Pocketmac, but it won't sync DRM-protected itunes. It skips those automatically as part of the sync process.
    06-15-09 01:21 PM
    media sync does the same thing, so whats the difference?
    06-15-09 01:29 PM
    I have a Storm with a media card and I can just plug it into my Mac and the Blackberry2 (sd card icon) appears on my desktop and I can just drag and drop all music to the card. Have you tried this? Can you do it with the Bold?

The other way to get around it, but it can be cumbersome if you have a lot of music, is as follows:
    1. Burn music to disc and remove disc from computer.
    2. Go to Preferences>General and click on import settings button and choose 'mp3 Encoder'
    3. Put disc back in and import as .mp3 files.
    4. You now will have two copies of your music, one that is protected and one that is an .mp3 file (not protected) which can be loaded using either PM or Media sync. This would also provide you with a backup of all of your music.

I am unsure of this, but you will need to check this out yourself, can you burn music to a DVD? This would save you many discs.

I originally learned this for my old Palm Treo...

Hope this helps.
    06-15-09 06:32 PM
    when I plug in my bold it doesnt even recognize it. what do i need to do to fix this?
    06-17-09 09:56 AM
    You plug the sd card into your Mac? That's awesome. What kind of Mac do you have? I just have a 17" iMac and last time I checked, I don't have that port. I started using MediaSync (MissingSync) but it would take about 15-20 minutes per song upload. I got the songs I wanted but am still trying different ways. I'll look into this.

Thank you.
    06-19-09 10:58 AM
    I don't plug the card into my macbook, just the phone, which has the card in it, via the usb cable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 01:29 PM
    Mine works the same.. shows up on the desktop as "NO NAME" .. click on it, find the songs on your media card and copy them over.

I have to say, i was worried about getting a mac and how it'd play with the blackberry. I got the MBP on Thursday and setting it up with PocketMac was so simple.. not a single issue.
    06-20-09 06:56 PM
    Bold + MacBook Pro (early 2008) works well. i get the BLACKBERY2
    using pocket sync..... kinda screws up my BB to mac calender sync but my mac to BB sync is fine.
    06-21-09 01:56 AM
    when I plug it in, nothing comes up, not even "no name" I have spent hours on the phone with RIM to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions?
    06-21-09 11:15 AM
    ive done this, still no dice. Ive been on the phone with at&t, rim, apple, back to rim, back to apple, back to rim again. No one can help me. I'm thinking that I will dispute the charge for both my new mac and for my bold on my credit card, and once they both realize they aren't getting their money, they will help me.
    06-22-09 12:36 AM