I recently purchased the Curve 8330 and was told I would have "no problem" syncing with my mac... Here is the situation:

Was syncing ICal and Address Book and all seemed fine until I noticed quite a few contacts missing from my Address Book on my Mac.

It seemed that all of the info was only on the Blackberry, like it was sucking them out of the mac.

After 4 treacherous hours with the help line people, they had me back up my info on a PC, purge the phone of all software and then re-load everything.

Now, all those missing contacts have completely vanished! Not on my Mac, not on my Blackberry. Any ideas?? I am desperate.
    01-22-09 10:05 PM
    ughh....wipe the BB and start again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 04:39 AM
    I recently purchased the Curve 8330 and was told I would have "no problem" syncing with my mac... Here is the situation:

Was syncing ICal and Address Book and all seemed fine until I noticed quite a few contacts missing from my Address Book on my Mac.

It seemed that all of the info was only on the Blackberry, like it was sucking them out of the mac.

After 4 treacherous hours with the help line people, they had me back up my info on a PC, purge the phone of all software and then re-load everything.

Now, all those missing contacts have completely vanished! Not on my Mac, not on my Blackberry. Any ideas?? I am desperate.
    I had the same thing happen with PocketMac. Might be because of some of the recent changes in 10.5.6, not sure. But, without warning, contacts would just vanish out of Address Book. Same with MissingSync. The situation seems to be better in the preview release of MissingSync 2.0 though.

I'd suggest keeping recent backups of your calendar and address book, and not syncing (only do Copy From Mac to BB.) until MissingSync 2, or a new release of PocketMac is released.
    01-23-09 07:20 AM
    I had this problem with both Pocket Mac & Missing Sync. No solution worked, so I finally set the iSync preferences to alert me to any changes. That gets annoying sometimes, but it has alerted me to syncs trying to delete contacts.

ETA: You can get the contacts back if you are using Time Machine.
    Last edited by SaraBear; 01-23-09 at 04:05 PM.
    01-23-09 03:11 PM
    For some reason my pocketmac is doubling up my contacts! I dont get it so I had to go through the phone and delete all the second contacts that were added. Now I have it all back to normal and I'm afraid to sync it again.
    01-23-09 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD