Sorry if this is a repeat thread, but I signed up here just to get help resolving my PocketMac issues.

I installed PocketMac a few days ago, and it won't sync with by phone. It's a Curve 8310 and I haven't upgraded it yet (I don't have access to a PC with a half-decent internet connection at the moment). PocketMac will acknowledge that my BlackBerry is connected, but when I try to sync, the progress bar will fill 95% of the way and then just stop. I even tried leaving it overnight with no result.

The part that pisses me off is that it worked once, but I can't get it to sync again.

I've emailed the BlackBerry support and haven't gotten a reply yet.

Any suggestions?
    02-20-09 07:32 PM
    Having the exact same issue. I am beyond pissed at this piece of software, RIM, and Verizon.

Sorry, pocketmac worked up until about 2 weeks ago. Then bam crapped out.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, down loaded new drivers, and ..... nothing still hangs on ical.

I have requests in to pocketcrap support, but no response. I have posted in the blackberry.com forums.... no response.

As soon as I get one I will post.
    02-20-09 07:45 PM
    There seems to be a lot of issues with PocketMac suddenly not owrking any more and Missing Sync barely working at all.
    02-20-09 08:34 PM
    Its beyond frustrating.
    02-20-09 08:40 PM
    Is there any other decent free program available? It's just such a pain in the ***. It's really just making me wish I had bought an iPhone, or kept my old Samsung, because what's the point of the BlackBerry if I can't use the smartphone functions?
    02-20-09 10:33 PM
    Unfortunately, no there is no other free program.

RIM sucks for their lack of support and BS about developing one that "has been on our radar screen since 2004." I mean, 5 years to develop an application that works on two platforms?

Then to top it off, they are so pathetic that they are now going to copy Apple with a BB application store. Hmmm... let's take the good ideas and screw our customers that were stupid enough to buy this piece of crap over the Iphone.

Sorry, this issue is very near to my heart. LOL!! Sorry for the rant.
    02-21-09 12:49 PM
    Is there any other decent free program available? It's just such a pain in the ***. It's really just making me wish I had bought an iPhone, or kept my old Samsung, because what's the point of the BlackBerry if I can't use the smartphone functions?
    Actually you are using the smartphone's functions. Honestly, it's not the BlackBerries fault; it is the fault of RIM for not doing anything to show support for Mac users.

I read a post yesterday in which someone said that as far as RIM is concerned, there is enough support for Mac; but we're talking 2 / 3rd party programs- PocketMac & Missing Sync that dont come close to the same functionality as Desktop Manager for Windows.

It was also said that Apple doesnt make up enough of the market share. I'm not moved by numbers. All I know is that many people use Macs and I have no idea how much "enough market share" is to have a Desktop Manager made by RIM to support the users of their Blackberries.
    02-23-09 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD