I spent the entire weekend installing/uninstalling pocketmac and syncing it a millions different ways. I was getting errors, multiple instances of events, and contacts that just did not want to sync.
    Solution: Installed BB Desktop v4.6 on a PC.
    Go into backup/restore and make a backup of your BB.
    Then go to advanced. This screen will show you what is on your BB. Just clear the calendar and contacts (be sure you have a backup-just in case)

Plug it into your Mac and sync your calendar and contacts-it worked fine for me. Unfortunately, if you do not have access to a PC....

I think my existing data on my blackberry was screwing things up, plus I think my database was corrupt from all of the failed syncs I was doing. It worked for me-hope it works for others too!
    09-23-08 11:19 AM
    PM provides tools to wipe your BB and reset the sync count.
    09-23-08 11:06 PM
    PM provides tools to wipe your BB and reset the sync count.
    I spent a while getting my Yahoo e-mail address book and my BB address book synced, but wound up with dups. I deleted the dups in Entourage and resynched with "desktop overrides handheld" but the dups didn't go away. I tried the PM tools but that didn't work either. In fact, I can't even delete the dups directly on my BB - I highlight the entry, select Menu, Delete, and confirm deletion, and it stays right there in my address book.

I think wiping the address book with DM and then resynching on my Mac might be my only option.

Any other thoughts?
    09-24-08 08:07 AM
    I can't figure out how to sync my blackberry to my mac
    09-24-08 02:16 PM
    I spent a while getting my Yahoo e-mail address book and my BB address book synced, but wound up with dups. I deleted the dups in Entourage and resynched with "desktop overrides handheld" but the dups didn't go away. I tried the PM tools but that didn't work either. In fact, I can't even delete the dups directly on my BB - I highlight the entry, select Menu, Delete, and confirm deletion, and it stays right there in my address book.

I think wiping the address book with DM and then resynching on my Mac might be my only option.

Any other thoughts?
    DM might be your easiest solution. The only other thoughts I have is are you logged into an admin account on your Mac? PM only works if you are logged in as admin. The other thought is do you have the latest version of PM. I am using Panther on a PowerBook G4 and have had minimal problems. When I have had a problem, the PM tools took care of it.
    09-24-08 06:38 PM
    I am logged into an admin account. Looks like I might have to use desktop manager to blow away my existing address book and then sync on my Mac. The problem for me is one is at work and the other home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 09:21 AM
    Once you get everything squared away with your address book, you can sync to both computers. Just make the secondary computer handheld to desktop only. Another solution is to try Missing Sync, costs $$$, but it might work for you. If you try MS, make sure you uninstall PM first. You might want to consider a hosted BES that has web access. This way you can log onto your web site and all your info is up to date no matter where you are.
    09-25-08 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD