I find myself in the position of wanting to start again with contacts sync

My f***ing Windows / parallels wont recognize my new 8900 so I cant wipe just the contacts with that.

So, shall I

A) totally wipe the handset (just one days worth of configuring down the drain....)

Or is there

B) clever way of wiping JUST the contacts..

(remember I have no Desktop working)

Thanks Mac/BB comrades!

Sheesh! The things we go through NOT to own an iPhone....
    Last edited by Casper TFG; 01-23-09 at 08:56 AM.
    01-23-09 08:52 AM
    make sure your windows desktop is up to date and that you have installed the version for the 8900, some of the DL's for that are hardware/OS version specific.

I'm going to guess that the 8900 have an OS of 4.5 or higher.. if that is the case Missing sync for sure has an issue with OS4.5 or higher.. so maybe pocketmac does too..

MissingSync has a beta version of their 2.0 available, but it's still a beta.. it supports 4.5 and up BB OS versions thought.

I'm advising people to hold off on syncing contacts until 2.0 is out from Missing sync.. I don't advise using pocketmac at all
    01-23-09 02:23 PM
    Dude it is time to wipe the phone.. consider this a painful lesson...

Sync once.. and never sync again..

ya it sux.. RIM hates. OS X..
    01-24-09 01:41 AM
    I have to sync often as I input data on my BB just as much as on my mac... I think I will grin and bear it and wait for missing sync 2 as suggested above.

Thanks all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 02:57 AM
    Hopefully I won't experience the full 'hall of mirrors' nightmare of triplicate and quadruple entries on both my mac and BB.....

01-24-09 03:01 AM
    Yeah, I am on 4.6.1

01-24-09 03:03 AM
    I've am trying to remember what I did to remove a stuck contact from my Curve. I did NOT have to wipe the device. There is some way you can delete your address book and calendar completely. You need to hook it up to a Windows PC and use desktop manager, though. Fortunately I had an old XP laptop hanging around that I could use.

If you have access to a Windows machine, hook your phone up to it and look around the interface. There is an option to clear out selected databases that I used to wipe my calendar and contacts only, and then I was able to push them back to the phone.
    01-24-09 09:42 AM
    I turned on my laptop, and here is what worked for me. If you have access to Windows, install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Connect via USB, then go to Backup and Restore. Click on Advanced and you will see your phone databases listed on the right. From here you can clear out your address book. There are two entries, something like "Address book" and Address book-all." Even though they were the same size, I had to click on the one that says "all" to get rid of the mysterious stuck contacts (the other option left them sitting there).

Just make sure you have a copy of your contacts on your Mac first so you can overwrite them to your phone on your next sync!
    01-24-09 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD