I purchased Missing Sync, as I'd used it before with a Palm TX and liked the software.
    Synced stuff no problem at all, but there was no way to ADD APPS or Ringtones or anything like that via MS.

Discovered PM was free (it was NOT free when I had the Palm) and downloaded and installed it. I've been using it fine for the last week.

Now, if I try and use MS (annoying popup to sync reminded me) I get a USB error_cannot connect.

So, does installing and using PM disable MS?

Would a delete and reinstall of MS solve the problem? Since reading on here about the horror stories with PM, I'm not too keen to use it to sync, and manually entering contact info, etc is a PITA.

Oh, I'm on 10.5.6, with BB Pearl OS 4.3.0.66

Thanks for any insight into this. I'm a new Pearl owner and loving it so far!
    Last edited by skwij; 01-24-09 at 09:23 PM.
    01-23-09 10:41 PM
    My suggestion would be get RID of PM all together!
    I've heard many horror stories about it. I use MS and have had no problems.

Welcome to the world of CrackBerry and Blackberry!
    01-23-09 11:33 PM
    The answer is yes. When you install one of those programs it disables the other. I think I was able to uninstall pocketmac (be sure to use the uninstaller to remove all the files) and then MS worked again, without the need for reinstalling it.
    01-24-09 09:57 AM
    Thanks for the confirmation. I'd suspected as much.

Now for the decision. Keep PM, despite the horror stories re Address Book/Contacts (as it does a good job of installing apps unavailable OTA) or keep MS, which doesn't do what I need it to?

Decisions decisions.

Or, just install the DM on the my Virtual install of XPpro? Ugh. I hate the idea of having to use Windows. Blech.
    Last edited by skwij; 01-24-09 at 09:22 PM.
    01-24-09 07:30 PM
    When you install Missing Sync it tells you you need to uninstall Pocket Mac .. lol... Gee did they see THAT coming...
    01-25-09 01:21 PM
    Unfortunately the programs cannot work together. For some reason they cannot both use the same protocols, access certain files at the same time (quite stupid) but nonetheless, only one program can work at a time.
    02-04-09 08:25 AM
    Yup, one at a time. I'd definitely recommend going with MS instead of PM, especially if you've already paid for MS. PM is a disaster, and an MS update was just released today so its even better (Bluetooth automatic syncing!).
    02-09-09 08:30 PM
    Today I installed MS 2 on 10.5.6 to sync with my BB8830. It failed to connect for about a dozen tries. Finally it connected and sync'd. But in the end it wiped out the calendar on my device. I tried over and over to sync the calendar back down to my device using a myriad of settings. No luck. So now I'm walking around with calendar restored OTA from scheduleworld. At least I'm not without a calendar at all. This was almost enough to make me want an iphone just for seamless bullsh-t free sync to my mac. I don't want a touchscreen and I don't want att but I need trouble free sync to my mac.
    02-10-09 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD