I'm sure this has been asked and answered somewhere else, but I'm new to both BlackBerry and this website. I just bought a Curve 8330 from Verizon, and at the store, they told me I would be able to sync to my Mac with "no problem." So I downloaded PocketMac directly from BlackBerry's website and followed their instructions. I plugged in the phone and launched the app, and it never finishes the sync without me having to cancel it. It always gets hung up on some stage of the process. All I want to do is sync to Address Book, iCal, and Mail - no iTunes or iPhoto. I don't understand what the problem is. I have tried contacting PocketMac, who remains unhelpful, and I have tried several times uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I'm certain no one at Apple, BlackBerry, or Verizon could help since PocketMac isn't their product.

As a side note, my friend has the Pearl with T-Mobile, and he uses PocketMac for Address Book and iCal just fine, and it syncs perfectly for him.

Am I better off going with Missing Sync? Or am I just doing something wrong with PocketMac?
    12-22-08 06:59 PM
    I went to Missing Sync since I had issues with Pocket Mac as well...
    12-23-08 12:04 AM
    I was having issues with syncing mine (also new to blackberry and have an 8330 curve). Then I put in the pocket mac software the password that was required to unlock my phone. I had forgotten that part. After I put that in, it has synced fine.

I'm trying to figure out how to get songs put in it from itunes, and how to back up the media card. (Had the phone less than a month and it walked away...I hadn't used Pocket Mac before so I lost everything on the media card...)
    12-23-08 02:19 AM
    How long do you wait before manually canceling? I had the same problem, but if you let it sit long enough, it should complete the process. I'm not saying this is acceptable by any means however.
    01-08-09 08:48 AM
    I recently had problems with syncing my 8330. I left it syncing all night just to see if it would complete, which was probably around 9 hours but no dice. It didn't help a thing. Finally I had to un-install and re-install. Now it works fine. For now.
    01-12-09 09:57 PM
    I went to Missing Sync since I had issues with Pocket Mac as well...
    Does your Missing Sync app. transfer custom fields using Address Book?
    01-17-09 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD