After syncing between my 8830 and Entourage (using PocketMac), I get the following error:

[03:59:40.497] Error encountered: -1 in dateWithLongDateString:ConvertLongDateTimeToCFAbso luteTime

I found a support article on the blackberry.com website that had the same error code, recommending rebuilding the Entourage database and purging blank entries and ones that appear corrupt. I did find a few suspect entries (one blank, on with just punctuation in the title, and deleted those, followed by another rebuild, but that didn't help.

I got the error both using an earlier version of PocketMac, and after completely uninstalling, then installing the latest version (4.0.20b).

At first, I got this error only occasionally. Now, I get it after every sync. Any suggestions?
    10-18-07 09:00 AM
    I couldnt get pocketmac to work with entourage very well. I switched and used missingsync and it worked well with entourage.
    10-18-07 11:54 AM
    I used MissingSync back when I had a Treo 700p. But I didn't like the fact that meeting locations wouldn't sync (an Entourage conduit problem, according to Mark/Space), and there wasn't a version for BB available at the time.

I've had general success with PocketMac over the past two months since I made the switch. I do wish it had all the functionality of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager (like OS updates). So I have to use Windows XP on a BootCamp image to do that.

After more troubleshooting, I discovered that in the Rebuild>Purge Corrupted Entries>Rebuild process, some of my suspect entries reappeared. I don't know the source of this. I had no backup drives installed, and the BB was not connected. I don't sync between Entourage and iCal. Anyway, I ended up repeating the Rebuild and Purge process about five times before all the suspect entries were gone for good.

In addition to those entries that were blank or had only punctuation in the title, I had several entry titles surrounded by square brackets. I deleted some of these, and edited others to remove the brackets. A few other entry titles started with spaces, so those got edited or removed, too.

So after some multiple rebuilds and trial and error, I am now able to sync without seeing the error.
    10-18-07 02:25 PM
    PocketMac has generally worked for me. Two issues have arisen: calendar function not synching properly and bookmarks not being pushed. the first was remedied with the Calendar patch for the latest OS. The second I gave up on and just type in the Bookmarks - no big deal after the first time. And, it's free.
    10-18-07 06:23 PM
    I am trying to get my Blackberry curve to synch with entourage calendars. What update did you use?

12-26-07 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD