ok, have had enough with Pocketmac bookmark mgr. Would like to uninstall bookmark mgr but can't find the application.

When I go in to options>advanced options>applications it is not listed in the list.

There isn't an option when you hit the menu button when on the application icon.

So.... how do I get this off my BB?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    10-08-08 10:36 AM
    Same deal here. I even hooked mine up to a Windows box and it still doesn't show up anywhere in the Desktop Manager either.

Not a big deal that it's there, doing nothing, absolutely nothing, except taking up memory space.

The only reply I got from support was to upgrade to the latest OS, which I already have the latest from Alltel, 4.3.

Anybody know how to get rid of this thing, short of a wipe and reinstall?
    10-09-08 06:21 AM
    I actually sent an email to pocketmac's supposed "tech support" and have not gotten an answer.

What bothers me is that it is a useless application taking up my memory and i can't delete it.
    10-09-08 06:50 AM
    I hear ya, brother! Free or not, I detest useless software that I can't get rid of. That's why I bought a Mac in the first place. This Bookmark Manager is like malware that you can't uninstall....

Maybe it would show up in Missing Sync? It's supposed to be the best for Mac as of right now...

I may give that a try this weekend.
    10-09-08 07:17 AM
    Don't know if this will work but try going to Advanced > Browser > Modules??
    01-13-09 11:16 AM
    Don't know if this will work but try going to Advanced > Browser > Modules??
    Hmmm... I have Advanced and Browser, but no Modules. Thanks anyway.
    01-13-09 03:30 PM
    How to remove the Bookmark Manager on a BlackBerry smartphone

Environment
    PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones
    Apple Macintosh computers
    Procedure

Background

The Bookmark Manager application allows BlackBerry smartphones with PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones to synchronize bookmarks between the BlackBerry smartphone and Apple Safari™.

Complete the following steps:
    Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
    On the computer, open PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones.
    Select Utilities on the toolbar.
    Select Uninstall Software from Device.
    Select Bookmark Manager, and click Uninstall.
    Note: The BlackBerry smartphone restarts once the Bookmark Manager is removed from the BlackBerry smartphone.

Additional Info

To install Bookmark Manager, complete the following steps:
    In PocketMac SyncManager, select the Bookmark tab.
    Click Install.
    02-14-09 02:30 PM
    Tried the following instructions numerous times. Unfortunately its still there. In all honesty, had I not been lied to by Verizon about the compatability of my mac with my BB paper weight I never would have bought the BB.

Pocketmac works sometimes. I shouldn't have to buy a third party application to get my mac to sinc with my bb.

RIM should not be so ignorant as to not have Desktop mgr software that is compatable with both Mac and MS. Comeon even Turbo tax comes compatable for both systems.

Yes, I know RIM is "working on" a desktop mgr for Mac for release "some time in 2009" but this is absolutely pathetic that I have a BB that I can't update the OS on, I can't sync to a computer, and cannot get technical support from RIM or Verizon.

Yes, I know I can run parrelles and other software on my mac to run windows, but to spend hundreds of dollars on software to run an OS that I hate and would avoid at all costs.
    02-17-09 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD