I came here to look for some answers on this and it looks like a BUNCH of other people have the same issue. I can not get my phone to do it's Bluetooth thing anymore with another computer. (In my case I want to use BT to send contacts to my BB from both my office and home Mac) I get an error each time I try that says: "Device does not have the necessary services." each time I try. I've uninstalled the device, re-installed it done the BT set-up wizard a dozen times.

Then I found this: "BlackBerry device users cannot use Bluetooth technology with PocketMac for BlackBerry devices in order to wirelessly synchronize BlackBerry device data with a Mac computer. PocketMac for BlackBerry devices does not yet support this functionality." from the BB support page. If you wish to see it yourself, you can go here:"http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB12 762&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=117984445&stateId= 1%200%20117982699"]

So here's my question: If I Un-install PocketMac, will that restore my phone's ability to receive data via BT? And second, is it possible to just use the iSynch software on my Mac to synch?

Thnaks in advance for any help you can give!
    04-02-08 10:19 AM
    Well your bluetooth should always be working regardless of the sync program. That has nothing to do with eachother since you cant sync via bluetooth. You have to make your phone discoverable. under bluetooth options and then use you computer to find the bluetooth device then you have to accept it and enter pass key which is 0000. You can transfer media files to your phone using bluetooth on your mac.
    04-05-08 01:40 PM
    That's the odd thing. I've used the Bluetooth assistant on my mac and the two devices can talk to each other. (Believe me, I've deleted the device and repeated the steps about 100 times) The Mac sends over a passcode, which is a string of numbers (out 8 or 9 digits), I type them it, it shows up as discoverable. Everything up until I actually want to send something via Bluetooth is great. Then when I try to send an address card from Address book, I see this error: Device does not have the necessary services.

I've been back to the AT&T store, they can't help. They say the device is set up correctly and Bluetooth is on. (duh)

I've asked my IT department, they say its a phone issue.

I can't get any help directly from blackberry either.

No one from PocketMac will return an e-mail.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is just a big fat (expensive) paperweight.
    04-07-08 12:22 PM
    I came here to look for some answers on this and it looks like a BUNCH of other people have the same issue. I can not get my phone to do it's Bluetooth thing anymore with another computer. (In my case I want to use BT to send contacts to my BB from both my office and home Mac) I get an error each time I try that says: "Device does not have the necessary services." each time I try. I've uninstalled the device, re-installed it done the BT set-up wizard a dozen times.

Then I found this: "BlackBerry device users cannot use Bluetooth technology with PocketMac for BlackBerry devices in order to wirelessly synchronize BlackBerry device data with a Mac computer. PocketMac for BlackBerry devices does not yet support this functionality." from the BB support page. If you wish to see it yourself, you can go here:"http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB12 762&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=117984445&stateId= 1%200%20117982699"]

So here's my question: If I Un-install PocketMac, will that restore my phone's ability to receive data via BT? And second, is it possible to just use the iSynch software on my Mac to synch?

Thnaks in advance for any help you can give!
    You cannot sync via BT on a Mac. Uninstalling PM will not allow your BB to sync via BT, you need some type of syncing software. iSync does not support syncing to a BB. Basically you are SOL if you want to sync BT. You might look at Missing Sync. The only downside is that RIM and your carrier do not support it and you have to pay for it.
    04-07-08 06:52 PM
    You have to drop the files into your public folder in your Mac. But I think Apple caught on and made it so that you cannot send music files that way. For those who hadn't updated their OSX yet, you're in luck.

Or perhaps it's conflicting with my headset.
    06-06-08 04:46 AM
    Oh my goodness...I've been trying to do this and getting the same error and now I find out it can't be done! What to do? I refuse to go PC! Aack!
    06-06-08 07:32 PM
    i have never sent data(address contacts or anything) but i have sent pictures (i do it all the time) via bt with my mac and bb.

What i do is go on my phone to "pictures" and the use the menu and hit "recieve via bluetooth". Then on my mac i turn on BT and go to the file i want to send and secondary click to get the menu and i hit send file to blackberry 8130. Then on the phone it will connect and ask where i would like to save and voila, i got my picture.

When doing this i do not even have pocketmac open. I only use pocketmac to sync my ICal as thats all pocketmac is good for IMO. LOL the software blows!!

Hope this helps. Maybe the same would work for the contacts/??
    06-06-08 08:35 PM
    shortstop, is spot on. i was having the same problem as the first poster. i then went to media on my BB 8830, selected music, then menu, then receive by bt, then send a file from my macbook pro via the bt and it worked seemlessly.

good spot shortstop. cheers
    06-10-08 03:28 PM
    I also send files via BT using my mac. I can't use Pocketmac because apparently, my mac is too old (10.3.9... i need 10.4). I plan to use my work pc until I get a new computer in august. Kind of sucks, but at least BT is reliable for S/R. not for syncing though. You HAVE to go through the BB menus to say you want to receive, otherwise it will ALWAYS say device doesnt have services.
    06-26-08 07:12 PM
    As far as I can tell, your BB can't receive contacts via bluetooth from any device. I've tried curve to curve and mac to curve and everything else. This is not a sync issue.

Please, please tell me I'm wrong and there is a way!
    06-26-08 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD