He
    I just go my first BlackBerry last week and have been using a macbook pro for a year now. After updating to osx 10.5.7 last week i got pocket mac to work. Now i have these 3 contacts on my bold that i cannot delete or edit. every time i try to edit and save it gives me an error saying "Contact updated externally, changes will be lost and viewer closed"

how i i update or even remove these contacts. I have tried everything, even tried changing the contacts on my mac and even sellecting to not sync contacts but nothing works
    helo out a n00b plz
    05-20-09 04:58 AM
    Do you have access to a PC?

If you can manage to run Desktop Manager in Windows, you go to the Backup and Restore selection from the main menu. From there, select ADVANCED. In the Device Database on the right hand side, select your address book database and delete. This does wipe the Address Book, so make sure all the info is currently in your Address Book on the Mac. If these database files get corrupt, entries get left behind and you can not change or delete them. Wiping the database file seems to be the only way to clean up the mess. You could wipe the phone also, but then you have to reinstall programs.

You can do this for the Calendar, Task and Notes databases also. Just be sure that the info on the computer is current since you will end up with empty Address Book, Calendar, Tasks and Notes.

This is how I got Missing Sync 2.0.2 to work. Wiped the database files and did a sync with replace info on device with computer data on the first sync. This allows you to do a clean first sync without having to wipe the whole device.

This is what I found to work for me. Like I said, PLEASE make sure you check to see if the computer info has all the current info (Address Book, Calendar, Tasks and Notebook) before you try this.
    05-20-09 01:39 PM
    With your BB connected go to: Macintosh HD > Users > username > Library > Application Support > PockeMacSyncManager > Additional Tools > DataPurgeUI. Choose Purge Contacts and then re-sync with Pocket Mac.

-- Robert.
    05-21-09 05:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD