So using PocketMac, I can't for the life of me figure out how to install one particular .alx package, Dope Wars. Anyone been successful getting this up and running on their 8130? All it does is says it's going to install, but it just freezes my 8130 while it's plugged in, but it never installs the app, and when I unplug the device it unfreezes itself.
    12-09-07 01:46 AM
    Is there enough space on your Pearl to install the program? And have you tried installing from a PC? What program are you using to install? PocketMac or Missing Sync?
    12-09-07 09:46 PM
    I'm using the newest version of PocketMac. I've had a dickens of a time trying to get most alx packages onto my 8130. I haven't tried from a PC but I"m sure it'll work from a PC, I'm semi convinced it's a PocketMac issue.

I do have the memory leak problem that many other 8130 users have reported, I go from 10 megs to 3 megs free in a day's use and at that level I start to loose SMS and call log messages.
    12-10-07 08:15 AM
    I'm using the newest version of PocketMac. I've had a dickens of a time trying to get most alx packages onto my 8130. I haven't tried from a PC but I"m sure it'll work from a PC, I'm semi convinced it's a PocketMac issue.

I do have the memory leak problem that many other 8130 users have reported, I go from 10 megs to 3 megs free in a day's use and at that level I start to loose SMS and call log messages.
    yes you have a memory leak issue

and with pocket mac i havent had any problems installing anything but uninstalling is a completely different situation
    12-10-07 11:55 AM
    i havent had any problems installing anything but uninstalling is a completely different situation
    Don't even get me started on the whole debacle that is the Bookmark Manager syncing. What a waste of time that was and what a pain to uninstall it.
    12-11-07 12:57 PM
    Thanks to a tip a found on another site I was able to remove Bookmark Manager (which never worked anyway) using Surewipe from Mobylo.
    03-11-08 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD