Is PocketMac the same thing as Desktop Manager (DM), but for people with macs?

If not, what's the difference between them? And how do I get DM on my mac? I already have pocketmac (And I never use it...)

Thanks!
    05-26-09 06:05 AM
    I would also like to know the answer to this question as I have a macbook and a pc laptop. I put pocketmac on my mac and desktop on my pc and from what I can tell pocketmac does NOTHING that desktop does (ie. uploading ringtones and yadda yadday) PLEASE SOMEBODY CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG
    desktop manager from what I could tell isn't available for mac, however; once again if I'm wrong somebody please correct me.
    05-26-09 06:58 AM
    It's not the same thing as desktop manager. You can't upgrade the phone's OS. But you can sync, backup etc with Pocket Mac.
    05-26-09 07:34 AM
    Thanks. But does anyone know if you can get DM on your mac? and how?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 08:54 AM
    you have to use bootcamp or VMWare to put windows on your mac to use DM, as far as I know.
    Last edited by cdowner; 05-26-09 at 11:44 AM.
    05-26-09 11:05 AM
    As others have stated, the only way to load DM is to use Bootcamp, Parallels, etc. You can use PocketMac or Missing Sync to sync your Blackberry to your Mac, but you can't use either of these to load a new OS. You can also use the Blackberry Media Sync if you just want to sync your music, etc. There aren't any great options for Mac users right now.
    05-26-09 05:26 PM
    pocketmac still very unstable....
    05-27-09 12:30 AM
    I just put this on my Mac yesterday and only played with a few minutes, but I do not see the backup option. I see the restore program runs separately from the main program.
    05-28-09 08:28 AM
    So i just got a macbook yesterday! and i have a blackberry that I just can't live without. So I really was sad when I found out they dont sync together very well.

Pocketmac was what I stumbed upon, but a family member who just got a imac and has a blackberry had alot of trouble with pocketmac. It erased all her contacts, and calendar appointments.

I guess RIM is working on something to make Mac and BB sync better! Im hoping for that!
    05-28-09 03:44 PM
    I have no issues with Pocketmac. There's no way it would erase anything unless the settings were royally screwed up.

That being said, there is no backup option, you can't update your OS with it, and I think you can load apps but I've never tried.

Works ok for what I need it to do, as I do backups and OS updates via my PC at work, but that's not an option for everyone.

As others have said before, you need Bootcamp, VM Fusion or Parallels to run DM on your Mac. There is no DM version for Mac, and some here say there never will be.
    05-28-09 04:19 PM
    So i just got a macbook yesterday! and i have a blackberry that I just can't live without. So I really was sad when I found out they dont sync together very well.

Pocketmac was what I stumbed upon, but a family member who just got a imac and has a blackberry had alot of trouble with pocketmac. It erased all her contacts, and calendar appointments.

I guess RIM is working on something to make Mac and BB sync better! Im hoping for that!

I just had my contacts erased and now my Curve and Mac wont sync the calendars. It will sync contacts, but that's it. I love my Blackberry, but something needs to be worked out with the campatability to Mac's
    05-28-09 05:10 PM
    Even more reason for me to blow some money and get a netbook with windows on it I have pocketmac and lets just say, we dont get along...pisses me off! Come on RIM lets get some Mac support!
    05-28-09 08:45 PM
    I have no issues with Pocketmac. There's no way it would erase anything unless the settings were royally screwed up.

That being said, there is no backup option, you can't update your OS with it, and I think you can load apps but I've never tried.

Works ok for what I need it to do, as I do backups and OS updates via my PC at work, but that's not an option for everyone.

As others have said before, you need Bootcamp, VM Fusion or Parallels to run DM on your Mac. There is no DM version for Mac, and some here say there never will be.
    I added an app with it, worked fine.

Strange though they have a restore option with no backup. What are you going to restore from? lol

I also use my work PC for backing up and OS upgrades.
    05-29-09 09:10 AM
    So the news about the new RIM Desktop Manager for mac makes my life sooo much better.
    07-29-09 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD