When i sync my storm with the pocket mac it will not transfer my address info to my storm. The mass storage is on and shows blackberry 1 & 2. It also show this warning at the end of the sync. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[11:02:55.387] An unexpected error has occurred: Bad device record set. Check that the OID values are unique across records.
    An unexpected error has occurred: Bad device record set. Check that the OID values are unique across records.
    12-30-08 01:05 PM
    Buy Missing Sync, lol
    12-30-08 01:32 PM
    Anyone able to work around the bookmark push for the Storm?
    12-31-08 02:20 AM
    When i sync my storm with the pocket mac it will not transfer my address info to my storm. The mass storage is on and shows blackberry 1 & 2. It also show this warning at the end of the sync. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[11:02:55.387] An unexpected error has occurred: Bad device record set. Check that the OID values are unique across records.
    An unexpected error has occurred: Bad device record set. Check that the OID values are unique across records.
    Pocketmac for Mac is kind of a waste of time. It really does not sync properly at all. I would suggest that you pruchase missing sync as well. It is well worth the money.
    12-31-08 11:34 AM
    I've had problems with pocketmac 4.1.25 including the driverupdate 3.1.1.
    Syncing with my Blackberry Bold didn'k work (hanging).
    I went to this site, registered with a valid emailaccount and got an email. Actually I don't need this email but logged in and followed the hyperlink of Blackberry Driver update: http://www.pocketmacsupport.net/index.php?section=knowledge&action=view&article_id =99"]http://www.pocketmacsupport.net/index.php?section=knowledge&action=view&article_id =99

Sorry but I'm not allowed to hyperlink this above URL.

This driver update is 3.1.3B (Beta) and downloaded it.
    I followed the procedure, restarted my mac and guess what....Pocketmac worked! FINALLY!

Finally a solution for syncing my Blackberry Bold with iCal, Addressbook etc. without any problems.
    01-03-09 01:13 PM
    I've had truckloads of problems with Missing Sync. I guess it works fine if you are only using iCal and Address Book. But I use Entourage and while you can sync Entourage to iCal and Address Book, I get lots of duplicates and corrupted addresses. So not a big fan. Pocketmac is finally working for me with the latest usb driver and I am using a new aluminum MBP.
    01-03-09 02:07 PM
    I can't get either of them to work right and I'm starting to get royally pee'd. Missing Sync would randomly delete contacts from my address book, so I switched to PocketMac, which EVERY TIME I sync claims that I have deleted all the contacts on my device, and gives me the choice to either delete them on my Mac also, or "restore" them to my device, which erases all changes I had made since last sync.

Oh, and any contacts I create or edit on my Mac stay on Mac. They won't get copied to the Curve, even if I tell it to Overwrite the device.

I love my BB, but RIM is a joke when it comes to Mac users.
    01-05-09 07:54 PM
    I had a simlar error in my syncing. since it mentioned a problem in my database, I assumed it meant the phone. I used my windows virutal machine to load bb desktop software 4.7 and backed up the phone and then restored it with the same backup file I just created. You could do this with any XP or Vista machine. This seemed to get the database problems cleaned up. I then synced with no problems. I had a similar sounding problem a couple of weeks ago and the backup then restore worked. This was easy to do and just took about 1/2 hour.
    02-05-09 07:13 AM
    New BB Storm (through Verizon) user and the sync issues are making me crazy. Did all of the new updates suggested and still get 11:44:55:845 error 1 skipping. It's just not connecting. I'm on a MacBook duo core.
    02-07-09 01:50 PM
    time for a PC/ ya it sux. so does RIM software.. OR LACK OF.
    02-07-09 08:29 PM
    I had problems with pocketmac. So much so that I finally bought missing sync, and have had no issues since. No more duplicate contacts or calendar events that get multiplied a hundred times over, (still don't know how that happened).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 09:26 PM
    I had problems with pocketmac. So much so that I finally bought missing sync, and have had no issues since. No more duplicate contacts or calendar events that get multiplied a hundred times over, (still don't know how that happened).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I bit the bullet and bought Missing Sync. I can't find where it's putting my contacts. It's not in Entourage and I'm not sure where else to look. The calendar loaded great into iCal. The salesperson who sold me the phone is going to try to get me a partial credit on my phone bill for this...we'll see. I don't really feel like I should have had to buy another program because RIM can't figure out how to write a program for Macs. If they can't do it right, I don't know why they bother at all. I have an old Sony Vaio that is old and slow, but it is running XP (more or less) and it often won't recognize the high speed USB, but if I fart around long enough, I can get it to work. Other than that, I'm digging the phone quite alot and I'm trying to ditch the Palm and get everything one device--so far so good.
    02-07-09 09:51 PM
    In agreement with all here. I spent about 2 hours on the phone with Blackberry support, about 30 emails before that, trying to get PocketMac to work. Eventually gave in and bought Missing Sync. Worked first try, still works.
    02-07-09 10:42 PM
    This probably won't help if you don't use MobileMe, but I was pulling my hair out trying to get a solution going between pocketmac, missing sync, and salling media sync (because you can use it in conjunction with PM or MS and it adds .m3u playlists). Nothing would sync correctly every time. So instead, i installed VMWare Fusion, XP Pro, and DM. Then I installed Office '07 and MobileMe for windows and synced my Mac Address book and calendar to Outlook. Then i installed iTunes and pointed it to my Mac library through the VMWare shared folder and copied my itunes library files (not the library though) into windows to sync them. Then i just ran DM in VMWare for my contacts/calendar and used BBMedia Sync in windows for my music. No real solution to sync photos dependably if you use iPhoto, so still just dragging and dropping because PM doesn't import correctly (for me).

Come to think of it, since i'm forgoing using PM for pictures anyway, i can install BB Media Sync on the Mac side for music and lose the convoluted iTunes bit on the windows side. So yeah, if you have MobileMe and VMWare, you can get contacts/calendars syncing going pretty well, and the nice thing is MobileMe keeps Outlook/iCal/Address Book syncronized. I realize it's not much help if you don't have MobileMe. God I can't wait for DM for Mac.
    02-09-09 09:53 AM
    I loaded the pocketmac software onto my macbook pro and am trying to sync my BB Curve with it. It gets, I would say about 90% complete, then the progress bar just stops and sits there forever. I left it running at work all day and because I figured I had a bit to sync, but it remained in the same place. Tried numerous times and reloaded the pocket mac software.

Anyone else have this problem? and/or know how to fix it?

Thanks!
    07-20-09 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD