Hello - when I sync with pocket mac between my 8100 and macbook ical and addressbook I always get asked about restoring info to the device: mostly all past calendar events. I say yes to all as the only pragmatic answer. Result is an unreliable sync for future events - with some events on device and not in ical, and reverse - also some shown twice slightly overlapping (time zone issues? checked that and seems OK....)

Hence I have given up the sync process - although it seemed OK for contacts.

Any idea how to fix this? By other forum questions it seems I am not alone.....

cheers
    04-06-08 05:55 AM
    Hello - when I sync with pocket mac between my 8100 and macbook ical and addressbook I always get asked about restoring info to the device: mostly all past calendar events. I say yes to all as the only pragmatic answer. Result is an unreliable sync for future events - with some events on device and not in ical, and reverse - also some shown twice slightly overlapping (time zone issues? checked that and seems OK....)

Hence I have given up the sync process - although it seemed OK for contacts.

Any idea how to fix this? By other forum questions it seems I am not alone.....

cheers
    PocketMac sucks....

Get use to it...i received numerous email from BB and PM support all with..."do this" - "try this" blah blah nothing helps..

RIM needs to mac a DTM for mac
    04-06-08 01:52 PM
    I gave up with syncing my calendar from Entourage &/or iCal.

Instead, I imported my whole calendar into Google Calendar and downloaded/activated Google Sync. It works flawlessly! (knock wood) Now, I can make an appointment from GCal or my BB and they will sync themselves up. Occasionally, I have to manually sync the 2, but most of the time, it's automatic.
    04-06-08 04:48 PM
    Welcome to CB, Malc.
    04-06-08 04:58 PM
    PocketMac sucks....

Get use to it...i received numerous email from BB and PM support all with..."do this" - "try this" blah blah nothing helps..

RIM needs to mac a DTM for mac
    Rim is in the process of making a mac DTM, should be out by summer to mid summer.
    04-06-08 05:30 PM
    Where did you find that RIM is coming out with a Desktop Manager for Mac? Who do I speak with to confirm this or get a beta?
    05-01-08 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD