I needed new smartphone but I have a mac so anything running windowsmobile was a negative. So a blackberry was the CLEAR choice and I couldn't be happier!

but...
    But Pocket Mac is such a joke!

what it can do, it isn't very proficient at, and it doesn't even feature an application loader or backup! For a smartphone that isn't windows exclusive you would think they would have an application with versions for microsoft and mac!

I have to manually do basically everything useful.

Come on RIM. Make it happen.
    10-21-07 07:54 PM
    I agree. I am a mac user, and a longtime BB user. If only RIM made a Mac Desktop Manager, they would win over just a whole lot more people.

Even Apple Fanboys/Girls would come over to BB.
    10-22-07 04:39 PM
    This topic is so on the money. What I do is I have desktop loaded on my ext hard drive and back my BB at my job using my work computer. Pocketmac stinks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-07 06:03 PM
    You have to remember that MOST BB users are biz users. Very few offices use Macs. I am a Mac User but do not expect BB to entertain this.
    10-23-07 02:27 PM
    eh, though blackberry originated as a business tool, I wouldn't say that MOST bb users use it strictly for business anymore. more and more, bb is adjusting for consumers, not just business, and more people have gotten them for personal use, and the curve and pearl are some of the best selling bb's ever!
    10-23-07 02:37 PM
    I'm a mac user and pocketmac sync'd my contacts and calandar seemlessly no glitches. Does what its supposed to, why so much hate?

10-24-07 02:54 AM
    well my issue is media. if you want any applications, themes, or even ringtones from your computer, pocket mac won't help you there. its just VERY limited. kind of a joke.
    10-24-07 04:23 AM
    I'm a mac user and pocketmac sync'd my contacts and calandar seemlessly no glitches. Does what its supposed to, why so much hate?

Because we haven't had the same seamless transition.
    10-25-07 09:51 AM
    our vp wanted a BB because he saw someone else with one, then he wanted a Mac because someone else had one, now he wants BB to synch with Lotus Notes on mac. Not happening using PocketMac. Hangs saying transfer. Anyone have experience with this combo?
    10-25-07 09:56 AM
    I'm just greatful that someone made PocketMac and MissingSync. If it wasn't for them, us Mac users would have nothing to sync our Blackberries with. It's not the best or even compare to the BB Desktop Manger for PC, but it's better than nothing.
    10-25-07 12:43 PM
    yes well of course there is SOMETHING to sync with. wouldn't be much of a product if it didn't have any support. but its crappy support.
    10-25-07 02:55 PM
    you guys should just cave in and use a Windows OS...lol
    10-25-07 04:53 PM
    you guys should just cave in and use a Windows OS...lol
    There's always the (kind of expensive) option of using Parallels or Boot Camp. That way you can have a Windows OS, but only for when you need it.

I've seen parallels run on a classmates Mac and it was a seamless integration. He could switch back and forth between the OS with a simple keyboard shortcut.
    10-25-07 09:45 PM
    If you want to be able to run the software that came w/ the BB on ur Mac check out a new beta program that they are letting Mac users try FREE -VMware Fusion Beta

All you have to do is download it - then borrow (or if you still have it) install a version of Windows and you can run any windows app on ur Mac

I'd post a link - but the site is dumb
    10-26-07 03:23 AM
    I'm glad that PocketMac is out there but wish RIM would make Desktop Manager for Mac!!!! I use my work computer, which is just made Bill Gates even more money computer, to load updates and other stuff to my Curve but would like to do it all on my Mac.
    10-26-07 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD