Hi all,
    am a new Berry user and am a Mac user. I have downloaded Pocket Mac and although I have no problem syncing my contacts, calendar etc I really want to be able to have Word docs, XL files, power point etc on my berry but other than music, i cannot transfer any other media to my memory card. Am I missing something? Or is this one of the many limitations of Pocket Mac I've been reading about? And if so would Missing Sync allow me to do these things?

Andrew
    03-05-10 09:05 AM
    Hi all,
    am a new Berry user and am a Mac user. I have downloaded Pocket Mac and although I have no problem syncing my contacts, calendar etc I really want to be able to have Word docs, XL files, power point etc on my berry but other than music, i cannot transfer any other media to my memory card. Am I missing something? Or is this one of the many limitations of Pocket Mac I've been reading about? And if so would Missing Sync allow me to do these things?

Andrew
    Welcome to CB

First, you should use the free official desktop manager for Mac BlackBerry - Desktop Software for Mac instead of Pocket Mac.

For transfering data to the card, you can just drag-n-drop files to your card. The memory card should be mounted as a drive on your Mac in the Finder (just like a regular USB drive).

If it's not, make sure your settings are correct on the BlackBerry. Go to Options > Memory on your BlackBerry. Settings should be:
    Media Card Support: On
    Mass Storage Mode support: On
    Auto enable Mass storage Mode When Connected: Yes
    03-05-10 09:44 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for replying. See that's what I thought should happen, the usb icon popping up that is, but its not happening. I checked the memory settings as you suggested and they are fine. I do have pdf's saved on my memory card from when I was using a PC and its nowhere near full.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again,

Andrew
    03-05-10 11:25 AM
    Yeah, PocketMac Doesn't do media. If you have a password on, you need to enter the password to allow your phone to act as a hub for your SD card. There is an option that you can turn on called media something. The official RIM client will give you more options for media sync as well. And there should be a media sync program out sometime for mac (it is out for windows).
    03-05-10 12:34 PM
    Do you have mass storage mode on on your phone? Then when you plug the phone into your computer both the device memory and media card will mount (called BlackBerry 1 and BlackBerry 2).
    03-05-10 01:37 PM
    I'm gonna move this thread over to Mac Users Forum
    03-05-10 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD