08-14-09 12:29 AM
29 12
tools
    Hey guys

I wanted to download plazmic theme builder but it doesn't have Mac OS listed under the requirements. What theme builder program can I use thats Mac compatible?
    03-01-09 01:43 PM
    You can't, there isn't one compatible with a Mac!
    03-01-09 07:08 PM
    Hey guys

I wanted to download plazmic theme builder but it doesn't have Mac OS listed under the requirements. What theme builder program can I use thats Mac compatible?
    Us Mac users wait for the PC users to do all the work.
    03-01-09 07:36 PM
    cool... thanks for the speedy response.
    03-01-09 09:58 PM
    Us Mac users wait for the PC users to do all the work.

PRICELESS! Quote of the year!
    03-02-09 01:28 PM
    Well you CAN if you had VM Fuzion and installed it there..
    03-03-09 02:00 AM
    Or you can partition your hard drive and install windows on your mac. Haven't tried it but I imagine it would work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 11:11 PM
    Or you can partition your hard drive and install windows on your mac. Haven't tried it but I imagine it would work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well.. ya.. Just install Bootcamp and you can boot the laptop in XP.
    03-06-09 12:01 AM
    Why boot when you can run a virtual environment, via VMware Fusion, Parallels, or VirtualBox?

They all work well, and don't "corrupt" the lovely Mac OS. Drag and drop sure beats a reboot!

For example, I'm downloading Plazmic and DM 4.6 and TetherBerry right now, in the VM, without rebooting. When done, I just go to VM and continue, while still running Safari, Mail, Adium, Pages, etc.
    Last edited by skwij; 03-07-09 at 11:37 PM.
    03-07-09 11:23 PM
    Okay, so I SO need to talk to YOU.
    I am a Mac girl now, and I am quite capable AND willing to create my own themes. I use a PC at work, but don't have Admin rights to use my fav. stuff on there....talk to me about a virtual environment... I'll try to keep up
    I tried to post my email address for u but it says I need ten or more posts, so figure this one out and I hope to hear from you...
    dinadolanatrogersdotcom

Why boot when you can run a virtual environment, via VMware Fusion, Parallels, or VirtualBox?

They all work well, and don't "corrupt" the lovely Mac OS. Drag and drop sure beats a reboot!

For example, I'm downloading Plazmic and DM 4.6 and TetherBerry right now, in the VM, without rebooting. When done, I just go to VM and continue, while still running Safari, Mail, Adium, Pages, etc.
    04-09-09 08:14 PM
    I run Parallels and it is BEAUUUTIFUL, I love Virtual Machines so much... I even did a presentation in my computer class first semester on them :-P Only problem is you can't install a new OS with a VM
    04-13-09 08:17 AM
    Okay, so I SO need to talk to YOU.
    I am a Mac girl now, and I am quite capable AND willing to create my own themes. I use a PC at work, but don't have Admin rights to use my fav. stuff on there....talk to me about a virtual environment... I'll try to keep up
    I tried to post my email address for u but it says I need ten or more posts, so figure this one out and I hope to hear from you...
    dinadolanatrogersdotcom
    On your Mac you can install VMware Fusion, Parallels, or VirtualBox. Then install a copy of windows.
    What this does is allow you to use windows on your Mac and when you're done, just switch back over to OS X.
    04-13-09 10:57 AM

Umm cause you get 100% of the computers computing power in bootcamp....
    not half. Or what you "allow"....

I just did a week long class doing ArcMapping and TRUST ME... you want 100% of the power...
    04-13-09 03:43 PM
    Umm cause you get 100% of the computers computing power in bootcamp....
    not half. Or what you "allow"....

I just did a week long class doing ArcMapping and TRUST ME... you want 100% of the power...
    You lost me on the 1st sentence. I've no idea what you're talking about.
    04-13-09 07:36 PM
    You lost me on the 1st sentence. I've no idea what you're talking about.
    K...
    When you use Fusion or Paraells you are running OSX AND XP at the same time... So your system is running at half speed....

If you boot into bootcamp, OSX is NOT running at all and you get 100% of yoru computers power....

Mo betta?
    04-14-09 02:55 AM
    K...
    When you use Fusion or Paraells you are running OSX AND XP at the same time... So your system is running at half speed....

If you boot into bootcamp, OSX is NOT running at all and you get 100% of yoru computers power....

Mo betta?
    Yes! Much better....thank you. Now I have a question for you....when you're using bootcamp, do you have to restart your Mac to go back to OS X?
    04-14-09 03:13 AM
    For something like running DM and downloading OS updates etc, VMware is fine. For running processor intensive apps or video-intensive stuff, of course going "native" with bootcamp would be better.

The drag with bootcamp is that you do have to restart your computer to switch from Windows to OS X.

I usually download in OS X, fire up VMware, then just drag/drop the downloaded files onto the Windows desktop. No rebooting.
    04-14-09 08:24 AM
    Yes! Much better....thank you. Now I have a question for you....when you're using bootcamp, do you have to restart your Mac to go back to OS X?
    Yes, a reboot is needed...
    A Minute tops..
    04-15-09 01:57 AM
    A Minute tops..

A Minute tops..
    When I start/restart my MacBook Pro I see this...
    VERY cool program.. no holding option to choose between OS's
    04-15-09 02:00 AM
    Lol quite the battle we have going on here, bootcamp you have to reboot to get back into Mac, where as virtualization is just a simple Apple + Q =) But I will say in fusion you can dedicate those precious resources accordingly!
    04-16-09 04:57 AM
    I don't really understand how different the process is with Mac, but in windows, it really does help to restart your computer after un/installing anything.

04-16-09 10:31 AM
    Lol quite the battle we have going on here, bootcamp you have to reboot to get back into Mac, where as virtualization is just a simple Apple + Q =) But I will say in fusion you can dedicate those precious resources accordingly!
    right but not 100% into it...
    You'll get totally diff. laptop speed when in Bootcamp.
    Fuzion is GREAT though for doing basic things.. but when trying to crunch big files etc... can't beat Bootcamp.
    04-16-09 11:20 AM
    Hi guys - so in regards to the original question on this thread... Has anyone tried using Plazmic on their Mac, either through Bootcamp or Parallels/VM Fusion?
    04-17-09 12:33 AM
    Hi guys - so in regards to the original question on this thread... Has anyone tried using Plazmic on their Mac, either through Bootcamp or Parallels/VM Fusion?
    You can, there is no issue.
    Have I or heard anyone done it ? no...
    There's no issue.
    04-17-09 02:11 AM
    I don't really understand how different the process is with Mac, but in windows, it really does help to restart your computer after un/installing anything.

Yep, you can restart your Windows install, while still working in OSX.

I just find moving files (say, mp3s for example) across platforms easier/quicker with Fusion. Just drag and drop onto the Windows desktop. Done.

Beats a reboot just to even access Windows!

I wouldn't want to game or use intensive programs in any virtualisation though.
    04-17-09 07:16 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD