I must be doing something wrong. I've got my Pearl 8100 plugged into my computer via USB. No hub. Open up PocketMac. The device isn't recognized. 'Add Device' is unavailable.

Update: Did a fresh uninstall. Redownloaded. Installed. Still nothing. The device is not being recognized in the System Profiler. Strange, because Windows XP seems to pick it up, but has no idea what it is or what to do with it. The Manager software from BB for Windows does not detect the BB either. If I try to use Bluetooth mode (via the Windows program), it still does not pick it up. I'm wondering if there something wrong with the connection itself. But, it charges when it is connected via USB, so I don't think that's it... Is there some sort of setting that I'm missing? This is very strange...
    Last edited by uRabbit; 03-11-09 at 04:45 AM.
    03-11-09 03:22 AM
    03-11-09 04:52 AM
    Thank you so much for attempting to help. But none of those are working. I gave my BB a password and told PM that it has one. Didn't work. I hit Sync (which I thought was just for .mac <-> BB) and it came up with an error of 'skipping'. I don't get the 'low power' error.

*sigh* This is a bunch of bull...

Oh and also... I cannot use Missing Sync, as it is only for 10.5.6. I cannot upgrade to 10.5.6 cause apparently the contents of it cannot be verified... o.O
    *sigh @ technology*
    Last edited by uRabbit; 03-11-09 at 05:29 AM.
    03-11-09 05:07 AM
    I had the same problem with my Storm until i tried my OTHER usb port on the other side of my laptop. For some reason one port was weaker than the other and it wasn't recognizing my phone or my external hard drive.
    03-11-09 04:29 PM
    Nope. That doesn't work. >.<
    03-11-09 05:02 PM
    I had the same problem with my Storm until i tried my OTHER usb port on the other side of my laptop. For some reason one port was weaker than the other and it wasn't recognizing my phone or my external hard drive.
    Nope. That doesn't work. >.<
    Rabbit, try an entire different USB cord also- not just switching the port.
    03-12-09 06:19 PM
    Rabbit, try an entire different USB cord also- not just switching the port.
    Don't have another cord of this style.
    03-12-09 10:21 PM
    Reviving a bit of an old topic, but I've freed up some time to try to fix this BB Pearl.

I ordered a USB cable from Amazon, so we'll see if that works.
    However, if it is in fact NOT that cable, what else could to be?

I'd really like to figure this out. The phone needs a software update, and I also need to get OperaMini onto the phone (and it's not wi-fi capable and I do not have the BB data plan).
    03-31-09 03:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD