09-17-09 06:52 PM
30 12
tools
    Hello fellow Blackberry users,

I have recently just entered into the wonderful world of Blackberry ownership with a new Pearl 8120 on Orange (in the UK).

Unfortunately I am failing to see how I can sync my address book and calender from my Mac onto my Blackberry. Pocketmac for Blackberry seems to not support the Pearl 8120 as its a new device. iSync doesn't seem to work from the Mac either. Is the missing sync for Blackberry the only software option I have for syncing my phone? From what I can tell it supports the Pearl series.

Can anyone advise me about the Pearl 8120 and synching?
    Many thanks!
    Chris
    01-07-08 02:07 PM
    ermm..

you do what I did..

Install bootcamp, install windoze and do it in there!! not ideal I know but when needs must and all that...
    01-08-08 11:49 AM
    Install Windows on my mac? Never!

Any other ideas?
    01-08-08 12:02 PM
    it's either that or have patience......

or call 156 and bug Orange data support but they won't have a scooby doo
    01-08-08 12:13 PM
    Any news yet on the 8120 syncing to a Mac? I am getting very frustrated.

I thought the migration from 8100 to 8120 was a cinch. Wrong!
    02-22-08 08:50 PM
    Are you sure the 8120 doesn't work with PocketMac? I have the 8130 and it works just fine!
    02-22-08 10:03 PM
    Also when connecting via the USB cable, do not turn on mass storage mode. There is a known issue with OS X10.5 and the 8130. Might be the same for the 8120.
    02-22-08 10:54 PM
    PocketMac works with my Pearl 8120 fine now. I bugged support, and they released a patch update which sorted out the driver for Pearl 8120. I'm not sure if I am able to upload it to the forum, or whether you should see if it has been uploaded on the PocketMac website.

Let me know if you have a mac, Pearl 8120, and PocetMac, and want them all to work with each other! I'll try to help.
    02-23-08 03:04 AM
    Hi comfycoxy. I do have a mac with 10.5 and pocketmac 4.0.20b. Did not find any patches on their website. The 8120 mass storage works with my mac so I know the usb port is working. Tried syncing without mass storage but pocketmac does not see the 8120 pin so i cannot sync anything.

Can you email me the patch? is it a big file?

Thanks in advance

TC
    02-23-08 07:14 AM
    PocketMac works with my Pearl 8120 fine now. I bugged support, and they released a patch update which sorted out the driver for Pearl 8120. I'm not sure if I am able to upload it to the forum, or whether you should see if it has been uploaded on the PocketMac website.

Let me know if you have a mac, Pearl 8120, and PocetMac, and want them all to work with each other! I'll try to help.
    hey ! i just buy one, would you please send me the solution
    many thank

mathieu (france)
    02-28-08 11:17 AM

How can i do?? I have a PowwerBook G4, Pearl 8120.

Can you email me the patch? i will be very gratefully.
    03-07-08 11:16 AM
    If you go to BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac, the newest version (with patch included) of PocketMac can be downloaded.
    03-07-08 12:40 PM
    Hello, I've the same problem. I've tried to download pocketmac again from the link indicated, but the problem doesn't dissapear.

I don't know why my Mac doesn't recognize my 8120. With the 8100 it works fine.

Any suggestion??
    03-11-08 11:09 AM
    To all who own a Pearl 8120, and want it to work with PocketMac for Mac, please email a guy called Steve Z who works at PocketMac support. He was the one who sent me the driver update file. Not sure I have the legal rights to dish out the file to everyone so please email him directly and ask for the Pearl 8120 driver update 3.1.2.

His address is stevez@pocketmac.com

Let me know if you still have problems and don't receive a reply. It might be worth asking him to make this patch update more available on their download website!
    03-12-08 10:11 AM
    Steve was helping me work on an issue with syncing my calendar properly via PM. He initially was right on top of things and then, suddenly, I stopped hearing from him altogether...guess he didn't have the right fix after all for me.
    03-12-08 10:53 AM
    Steve was helping me work on an issue with syncing my calendar properly via PM. He initially was right on top of things and then, suddenly, I stopped hearing from him altogether...guess he didn't have the right fix after all for me.
    He did that to me. Bare with him for a week or so, and then give him another email to get him going again!
    03-12-08 11:05 AM
    He did that to me. Bare with him for a week or so, and then give him another email to get him going again!
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll give him some time then!
    03-12-08 11:10 AM
    Ok, thanks for your answer, I'm goingo to e-mail Steve right now.
    03-13-08 10:43 AM
    Hey guys, Steven answered me yesterday and he gave me the update, so my mac and my BB can work together now.

Thanks very much for your help!!

See you.
    03-14-08 07:53 AM
    No problem. Glad you've got it working. Did you ask him to make the patch update more readily available to other users?
    03-14-08 07:58 AM
    I used Missing Sync and overall I can't complain. They acknowledge they have a few bugs to work out, but overall it's working well.
    03-14-08 03:07 PM
    Hi,I didn't ask him to make the patch update more readily available because we actually were very brief in our emails. But it would be a great idea, I think.

Perhaps, if many people email them asking for the patch update they consider it.
    03-16-08 04:06 PM
    Comfycoxy, your help on this issue have been great and I can feel everyones getting a little closer to peace of mind once the stupid thing works with PocketMac.

I would expect Steve at PocketMac will be inundated with emails of the kind you have suggested and without wanting to be rude, could you please post this update so we can all get access to it....

Would be a great help,
    thanks,
    Hamish

P.S. If not, (every man for himself) can you mail it to me?
    03-26-08 01:28 PM
    Hey guys.

Steve sent me the post and it works great!
    I've uploaded the driver to my idisk -but this site wont let me post a link to it so i can share!!!
    04-06-08 01:43 AM
    I've found a guide described at the following site very straight forward if anyone still needs help.
    --------------------
    Since i'm not allowed to post URLs try searching on google for the followin title:

How To Sync Contacts From Your Macintosh To Your New Blackberry 8120 (pearl) - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    ----------------------
    =============
    here is the url incase the link doesnt work ( just remove the "<" and the ">" )

<http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/how-sync-contacts-your-macintosh-your-new-blackberry-8120-pearl-31554/>
    =============

just UNINSTALL the whole program REBOOT the mac and START installing [b]each application at a time[b/] in order to evade any complications.

that is start with a fresh download of PocketMac from the BB site, REBOOT

then install the update also provided by the BB site, REBOOT

and after that install the update driver provided by the PocketMac site and REBOOT. YOUR DONE at this point.

Connect the 8120 before opening the PocketMac
    06-11-08 08:52 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD