I am currently looking to get Parallels so that I can do all my software updates for my (future) blackberry while on my mac.

i just want to confirm before i buy this software, that with parallels I will be able to update my OS/add 3 party apps to my blackberry, while also being able to sync my ical/contacts/itunes (which would be on the mac side of things).

is my thought-process correct? any feedback on experiences with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    04-24-09 02:57 PM
    Do you have a copy of XP somewhere?
    Just Bootcamp for free...
    Parallels is lacking...
    Fusion is better, IF you need to buy one...
    04-25-09 12:32 AM
    i do have xp, i dont have leopard =\.

and i read some reviews that parallels 4 was better than fusion2.. which is why i went with parallels.

i guess i didn't think about upgrading to leopard rather than getting parallels with that same/similar money.

parallels 4 was on sale for 60 instead of 80.. i picked it up but haven't opened it yet, have 13 more days to decide i guess. wouldn't i have to shut down every time and switch to XP with bootcamp, rather than just using parallels and being able to keep my mac apps active? that's what i figured.
    04-25-09 01:51 AM
    how often are you gonna need XP?
    To me? The OSX upgrade is more value then the parallels install...

I don't use Fusion much... and use XP once a week maybe?
    04-25-09 01:30 PM
    Thank u very much for ur valuable info.
    04-25-09 01:32 PM
    how often are you gonna need XP?
    To me? The OSX upgrade is more value then the parallels install...

I don't use Fusion much... and use XP once a week maybe?
    hmm. that makes sense. thx for the advice!
    04-25-09 02:58 PM
    ...and since you waited this long to upgrade... You may as well wait for Snow Leopard. The beta was just released... So I'd say June it's out...
    04-25-09 04:51 PM
    ...and since you waited this long to upgrade... You may as well wait for Snow Leopard. The beta was just released... So I'd say June it's out...
    yea, that's the new plan. specially if the niagara isn't coming out til the end of summer, i'll get whatever is available at that point
    04-26-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD