I have a Bold 9000 and have successfully paired it via bluetooth with my Macbook while running Windows XP under bootcamp. The 9000 recognizes the Macbook running Windows as "XP" in its paired devices list.

Then when I reboot into Mac OSX and try to pair via bluetooth, my Bold recognizes my Mac as the same name "XP" (I guess because it has the same mac address?). So it gives me a passkey and pairs with OSX just fine. No problem.

The problem is when I boot back into XP, the previously successful pairing is now corrupted.

On my 8310, it used to pair the XP operating system as "XP" and the OSX operating system as "Macbook". So the 8310 saw the two different operating systems as two different devices, and neither pairing corrupted the other.

Now the 9000 apparently sees the two operating systems as one single device, so each reboot requires a renewed pairing that corrupts the previous one.

Is there anyway to get my 9000 to pair with XP as "XP" and with OSX as a different name like my 8310 used to do? Am I missing a setting somewhere?
    05-28-09 06:40 AM
    Huh, I hope someone chimes in with an answer... I guess I've never paired my Bold while booted into OS X, though I did it with my Pearl and Curve without experiencing the issue you're describing. If I have some time later I'll try to play with it and see if I get the same problem you do.
    05-28-09 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD