So thats what it saids at the beginning of the ad. I thought the Mac DM is not suppose to be out until Sept. so does this phone have some kind of special disc included with the box for Mac users?

Oops this thread should belong in the 8520 forum. Sorry, if mods can move this that would be great.
    Last edited by tacsniper; 07-27-09 at 05:12 PM.
    07-27-09 05:03 PM
    I'm guessing, but it should available like the other version... check my Desktop Manager link.
    07-27-09 05:07 PM
    It does not have mac DM just Pocket Mac for syncing. Which by the way does not work that well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 05:07 PM
    It does not have mac DM just Pocket Mac for syncing. Which by the way does not work that well.

Probably because it's not Sept yet.
    07-27-09 05:08 PM
    Here is the Blog article: Did-freeze-over-desktop-manager-coming-mac-september-says-rim

**** EDIT: It does not want to keep this URL correctly, so here is a link from the article itself: BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac
    Last edited by fatboy97; 07-27-09 at 05:22 PM.
    07-27-09 05:10 PM
    I hope its not Pocket sync, cause that program sucks.
    07-27-09 05:11 PM
    I hope its not Pocket sync, cause that program sucks.
    That's not what is in the blog I linked to above.
    07-27-09 05:15 PM
    So will exsisting users have access to this mac version of DM? Could my dreams be coming true?

07-27-09 05:51 PM
    Why not... we all have access to all previous and new versions right now, including the newest DM 5.0.
    07-27-09 06:43 PM
    you guys are all missing the OP's original question. The point isn't whether all users will get the Mac DM or not, obviously we will. The point is that Mac DM was previously announced for September, but now the 8520, which is coming out in a couple weeks, is advertising "out of the box Mac compatibility." The question now is whether this "compatibility" is actually Mac DM (which means it would be released earlier than announced, even though the announcement was just a few days ago), or is just PocketMac (in which case, why would it be on the feature sheet? PM has been out for ages and has never been advertised before).
    07-27-09 08:27 PM
    I'm thinking it will be Pocket Mac. It could be a great marketing tool. Seeing that the 8520 is marketed for media users. Plus with all the Iphone hype its a great way to compete. However how great it would be if the Mac DM was released with the phone.

07-27-09 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD