Hello! I've found a rather complex method that allows you to sync iCal with Blackberry, over the air.

First off, you will need apps & accounts from specific sites (listed, you'll have to search for the downloads, not at 10 posts)
    Google Calendar (Account, No Download)
    Calgoo Connect (Application, Free as of July 24th 2008)
    iCal
    Google Sync for Mobile (BB App)

Once you have all that created, it's time to start.

*As added security, it's good to double check that things are syncing after each step.

Step 1) Create "parallel" calendars in Google Calendar & iCal.
    *For example, if I have a Work calendar on iCal, I should make one on Google Calendar. (Also, as a tip, you'll probably want to create a "Blackberry" calendar on both, for reasons explained later)
    Step 2)Create Connectors in Calgoo Connect.
    *Calgoo uses "connectors" to sync iCal with Google Calendar, so you just create a connector for iCal to Google Calendar, Name It, Choose the iCal calendar, login into Google Calendar, and then choose the corresponding calendar on Google Calendar. (Make a connector for your Blackberry calendar too)
    Step 3)Sync using Calgoo
    *Sync is bidirectional based on time modified, you'll see why that is important later.
    Step 4)Configure Google Sync
    *On your Blackberry, Go to Google Sync for Mobile>Options and imput these options:
    When to Sync: Automatic
    On Conflicts: Server Wins
    Sync Events for Next: Your Choice
    Sync These Calendars: (Choose all your Calendars, and in the submenu, choose your "Blackberry" calendar for the "Add new handheld events to" option.)
    Step 5)Run a sync on your Blackberry using Google Sync
    *This will overwrite any events in the same timeslots

That's all for setup! If everything is configured right, then you'll be good to go. The best part is that everything syncs pretty quickly, so it will only be a few minutes before everything is synced. Also, if you create an event on your blackberry, it defaults to the Blackberry calendar you made, then from iCal you can change it, and it will go ahead and change it all across the board.

I know this may be a little bit of a rough tutorial, pictures coming later, oh and if you have any questions, leave them in the comments!

-Zabi
    07-25-08 02:30 AM
    Don't have calgoo so I can't comment on that, but I have a similar set up using Busysync (had to buy) to sync my google and ical together. I have had NO problems or issues. All calendars are automatically added to google from isync, but you have to select which calendars to download on your bb when you first start googlesync.
    07-25-08 09:06 AM
    Don't have calgoo so I can't comment on that, but I have a similar set up using Busysync (had to buy) to sync my google and ical together. I have had NO problems or issues. All calendars are automatically added to google from isync, but you have to select which calendars to download on your bb when you first start googlesync.
    Yeah, I've used Busysync before, but I wrote this around calgoo, because it's essentially the same thing, but it went free to use yesterday.
    07-25-08 10:19 AM
    FREE IS BETTER!

Good post.
    07-25-08 07:20 PM
    gonna try this today!
    07-28-08 04:27 PM
    i just set up my calendars yesterday using method mentioned above. everything seems to be working good with the exception of one thing. when i enter an event in entourage calendar that is 2 or more days, it goes to ical and gcal correctly but when it gets to bb cal, it only shows up on the first day of the event. i have to enter the event for each consecutive event if i want to see it that way on the bb cal. is there a preference somewhere or am i going to have to enter for each day to see entire duration of event?
    04-21-09 03:33 PM
    or just use Spanning Sync to sync google cal with iCal, then I use google sync to sync to my BB... WAY less steps lol...
    04-21-09 09:02 PM
    well i think the problem is either with google sync or my bb calendar because the events show up fine on entourage cal, ical, and gcal. it just doesn't translate from gcal to bb cal. how is spanning sync different than calgoo?
    04-22-09 12:06 PM
    well i think the problem is either with google sync or my bb calendar because the events show up fine on entourage cal, ical, and gcal. it just doesn't translate from gcal to bb cal. how is spanning sync different than calgoo?
    never heard of Calgoo... All I know is is that it syncs my iCal and gCal perfectly....
    04-22-09 07:56 PM
    (Also, as a tip, you'll probably want to create a "Blackberry" calendar on both, for reasons explained later)
    You never did explain the reasons to create a "Blackberry" calendar. BTW nice write-up and it works like a champ! Nice to have a free, bi-directional, free, ota calendar sync system. Plus it's free!!
    04-23-09 08:38 AM
    never heard of Calgoo... All I know is is that it syncs my iCal and gCal perfectly....
    i think calgoo connect and spanning sync do the same thing. my ical and gcal sync flawlessly also, the glitch is going from my gcal to my bbcal. and everything syncs but not if an event is multiple consecutive days. it only show up on my bbcal as a single day on the first day of the event.
    04-23-09 10:32 AM
    I want to sync my BB to my iCal, but using my work e-mail. My work e-mail is a school e-mail (NOT gmail), and I was wondering if there is a way to create a calendar event in my school-e-mail, have that event automatically synced to my iCal OTA, and vice-versa. I also have a comcast e-mail that I want to do the same with. I really need a lot of help setting this up - I have no idea where to start and how to go about this. Can any one help?
    04-23-09 10:41 AM
    I want to sync my BB to my iCal, but using my work e-mail. My work e-mail is a school e-mail (NOT gmail), and I was wondering if there is a way to create a calendar event in my school-e-mail, have that event automatically synced to my iCal OTA, and vice-versa. I also have a comcast e-mail that I want to do the same with. I really need a lot of help setting this up - I have no idea where to start and how to go about this. Can any one help?
    i could be wrong, but i don't think email matters. you want to sync 2 or 3 different calendars right?
    04-23-09 11:38 AM
    Yeah...a comcast e-mail (home acct) and a proprietary school e-mail (work acct). I want to be able to place an event in my BB's calendar, and have it OTA syncing with my Mac's iCal (and vice versa). How exactly can I do this?
    04-23-09 01:51 PM
    follow the steps from the initial post. its pretty straight forward. you will need to open a google calendar, but after that you don't even need to mess with gcal if you don't want. its basically just a relay between ical and bbcal.
    04-23-09 02:10 PM
    How do you sync your address book?
    04-23-09 03:59 PM
    I keep trying to create a connector for gcal/ical but the app keeps giving the error:There was an error loading your Apple ical calendars. Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks.
    04-23-09 09:13 PM
    All I use is Spanning Sync and google sync and it's flawless between my iCal and my BBCal.
    04-25-09 01:33 AM
    Google Sync works OK with OS4.5 and older devices. It sux with OS4.6. Events spanning more than a day sync as one day.

@ngel apparently you can easily hack Mac Address Book to sync Gmail:

Sync Mac OS X Leopard Address Book with Google Gmail Contacts Tip and Trick

Except I can't get it to work. .

-- Robert.
    04-25-09 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD