Is it possible to upgrade to 4.5.066 OTA with my Pearl? Im running PocketMac to sync my black berry but Im not running Parallels or BC on my Mac, so I dont have device manager.

Am I SOL or is there a way for me to upgrade OS's.

TIA

-Coop
    09-09-08 09:01 AM
    i assume ur in 4.3.xx world now... and if so, no... i saw in 4.6 there will be an OTA feature, but currently 4.3 or 4.5 do not support that...

no way to upgrade from a mac, [insert profanity here]!
    09-09-08 09:11 AM
    Yea I am still in the 4.3 world...oh well, hopefully 4.6 will be out soon with the OTA feature. Thanks for the help!

Either that or Desktop Manager for Mac...or...gasp...Ill have to setup Parallels again!
    09-09-08 09:24 AM
    I believe that option will be removed by Verizon when the production release is available.
    09-09-08 02:10 PM
    It would be nice to do OTA upgrade, but I'd venture to say VZW will make us download it and use the desktop manager to upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 10:19 PM
    i'm in the same sad state of "no-OS update" b/c of blackberry's lack of compatible software. however if you are like me, you have owned a couple windows computers before your mac, in which case you should still have a copy of Windows lying around somewhere, if so you are in luck.

3 options include: Parallels (free trial, then $70), Boot Camp (included w/Leopard), or VMware Fusion (free trial, then $70)

Alot of info involved with those 3 options, so i recommend doing a little research. i tried Parallels first, but they don't support x64 windows XP, and neither does Boot Camp; so now i am using VMware Fusion and couldn't be happier. As i type, i have WindowsXPx64 running in Space 2, currently installing .77 =P

p.s. i'm running Mac OS X Version 10.5.4, 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.....however my father has the most basic MacBook and he runs Parallels just fine
    09-12-08 02:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD