Ok this is weird.

I'm running .103 on my Storm and I just turned on Mass Storage on it to see what would happen. I have Missing Sync and I've synced plenty of times with no issues.

So on the first connection I selected yes on the first prompt to turn on Mass Storage. Both BB1 and BB2 came up with no issues.

Then I ejected them in this order: BB1 and then BB2 and tried it again and on the first prompt I selected yes and only BB2 came up. I ejected BB2 and tried again.

This time I said no to the first prompt and yes to the second prompt and then BB1 and BB2 came up. So then I ejected both of them in this order: BB2 and then BB1.

Then I plugged in and said yes to the first prompt and they both came up. So I eject the two in this order: BB2 then BB1 and then try to plug in again and I only get BB2.

So I eject and do the no on prompt 1 and yes on prompt 2 and BB1 and BB2 show up.

So I've gone through this like 20 times and it just goes like that.

Yes on pmt 1 and they both show up.
    Eject.
    No on pmt 1 and yes on pmt 2 and they both show up.
    Eject.
    Yes on pmt 1 and they both show up.

So now I just say to myself, "Just hit no on pmt 1 every time and pmt 2 will get you both of them."
    Not so much

When it's (pmt 1 and you get them both)'s turn, when you say no to the pmt 1, there is no pmt 2.

So I unplug and then plug in again and say yes on pmt 1 and both BB1 and BB2 show up.

So now I'm getting p***ed because this makes no sense.

So then I just figure that if I just hit no on pmt 1 every time and yes on pmt 2 then I'll be fine. If there is not pmt 2 then I'll unplug and then plug in again and then hit yes on pmt 1 and that should work.....

IT DOES!

So in a nut shell:

Always hit no on pmt 1.
    If you get a pmt 2, then hit yes and they'll both show up.
    If you don't get a pmt 2, then just unplug and plug in again and hit yes on pmt 1.

That should do it. I've tried it like 20 times and it works fine. I can even do a sync using Missing Sync and everything is still there. After you sync with Missing Sync though, it will eject both BB1 and BB2, that's normal.

I know this is long and confusing but I hope that it helps you guys out there as I know it did for me.
    02-22-09 03:05 AM
    thanks. we need to see if multiple ppl can reproduce this. It is the basis of any scientific experiment. I needs to be reproduced at several different sites to be accepted.
    02-22-09 10:25 AM
    thanks. we need to see if multiple ppl can reproduce this. It is the basis of any scientific experiment. I needs to be reproduced at several different sites to be accepted.
    I agree. I've since tried it a million times and it still works. Let me know what it does for you.
    02-22-09 10:45 AM
    I've been following the pattern that I posted earlier and it is still working just fine.

Tomorrow I'll be moving on to .109 on my 9530 and I'll post results of how it behaves.
    02-24-09 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD