Hi,

I bought a unlocked, contract free 9700. I'm working on a mac. Where do I get the OS upgrades and how can I install them on a mac?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.
    12-23-09 06:38 PM
    Unfortunately most leaks and even most official builds aren't dmgs.. they're all exes. I use Parallels on my MPB and iMac running Win7 Enterprise N, and BootCamp as well running XP Pro SP3. BootCamp's a little cumbersome, but it's not a terrible workaround until we start getting dmgs released with exes.
    12-23-09 06:45 PM
    Ok thanks for the info. Concerning the OS upgrades, which one can I use, given that I didn't get mine with any carrier?

Thanks.
    12-23-09 07:12 PM
    dm for mac is able to do os upgrades it can recognize when one is available and install it for you as well...
    12-23-09 09:05 PM
    by DM do you mean the BB desktop manager? I have been using that since I got the phone, but I still haven't had an update notification. I see on the forum that new version have come out but they seem to be carrier specific, could I install those? I'm running currently the default OS on my 9700 which is: .321
    12-24-09 05:25 PM
    I have BB Desktop Manager 1.0.2 (Build 8) for Mac installed and I can't find a way to upgrade BB software from there.

I have upgraded mine from DM for Windows (running under Parallels).
    12-24-09 09:01 PM
    I used a Mac last week to do my OS upgrade.
    As far as I know, it'll only let you update the OS for your carrier.
    I'm on AT&T so as soon a I connected to DM, I got a message saying there was an update available.
    One click and the process started.

Who is your cell provider? Has that carrier released an upgrade since .321?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 11:53 PM
    Yeah, as far as I know, carrier upgrades will work fine thru DM for mac, but as for leaked builds/etc its real easy just to install via Parallels/VMware, which is what I have been doing and thats worked fine...
    12-25-09 12:40 AM
    i have a 9700 from vodafone without contract, running the same os. if i connect it to dm on my mbp, its asks if i wanna update to .344... i tried and .344 is really slow in my experince, i just downgraded again
    12-31-09 12:00 PM
    I used a Mac last week to do my OS upgrade.
    As far as I know, it'll only let you update the OS for your carrier.
    I'm on AT&T so as soon a I connected to DM, I got a message saying there was an update available.
    One click and the process started.

Who is your cell provider? Has that carrier released an upgrade since .321?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm on ATT too and running DM on iMac. I bought my phone 3 days ago, plugged into DM and it forced me to download old OS 5.0.0.405. I think I was a later version. It also deleted some of the pre-loaded apps like BB Messenger and half of the games as well as some other stuff that I can't remember. Have you guys heard of this problem?
    01-06-10 01:10 PM
    There used to be a video on youtube that was posted on the crackberry blogs that was a detailed walkthrough on updating with mac, but the guy who uploaded it has taken it down
    01-06-10 02:16 PM
    01-06-10 02:55 PM
    I'm on ATT too and running DM on iMac. I bought my phone 3 days ago, plugged into DM and it forced me to download old OS 5.0.0.405. I think I was a later version. It also deleted some of the pre-loaded apps like BB Messenger and half of the games as well as some other stuff that I can't remember. Have you guys heard of this problem?
    405 is the newest for AT&T so your Mac DM worked properly.

to get your apps back, connect to DM, choose applications, check or uncheck what you want installed.
    01-07-10 09:37 AM
    I wish RIM would sort out for those who have BB's not connected to any particular carrier, I leaped for joy when DM for mac was released, and hid my netbook lol, I really don't want to get it out of the cupboard, I have other carrier/connected BB's and they upgrade so quick on DM for Mac in a click not like messy DM for windoz...
    01-08-10 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD