Im not sure if this has already been discussed, but i just downloaded the new Mac DM and i was wondering if it allows you to upgrade the OS? if so is there a mac file of the OS that i need to download?
    10-02-09 02:37 PM
    i have been wondering how it will all work since the files are always .exe
    10-02-09 03:02 PM
    DM goes out and grabs the necessary files from the server to install. It's exactly like Windows DM if you don't have any of the OS files installed on your computer. DM goes out on web and downloads the "official" version and installs it into DM and then installs on your phone. I used the Mac DM to downgrade from .230 to .148 today (thought it would fix my problems, wrong) and it was very smooth process.
    10-02-09 03:09 PM
    Im not sure if this has already been discussed, but i just downloaded the new Mac DM and i was wondering if it allows you to upgrade the OS? if so is there a mac file of the OS that i need to download?
    are you talking about the newest "leaked" or unofficial OS for your phone? if so, then NO, DM for mac will not automatically update anything but the official released OS, that I am aware of... Unlike the DM for windows, when you connect your berry to your mac, it doesn't automatically check for updates from the main screen. If it is checking, it is in the background, so in order to visually verify what updates are available, you need to access the "applications" button on the main bar at the top of the app window, then the app will read your berry and list the installed apps... in the bottom left corner of that dialogue there is a button to check for updates, clicking this button will, as stated earlier, only list official OSes for your berry... Supposing that you are running a hybrid or an unofficial or "leaked" os--like I am with my 8330 (hybrid 5.0.0.230 - .238)--while the official releases are still 4.5.0.169 (in my case), you won't be able to do anything but downgrade your OS until there is an official release. Unless RIM is going to begin building "mac installable" OSes, like they do for windows, which you can install to your machine, edit, hybridize and install via the apploader folder without going into the DM, this is something that you either won't need to worry about or if you want to reap these benefits, you will still need either a pc or VMWare or some other program for running windows on your mac.
    10-02-09 03:12 PM
    okay murray, how do i get my DM to look for the files? so i need to go to a dropdown menu?
    10-02-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD