Hey guys I know someone out there is going to crucify me for posting this but I have been searching all over this website and the internet to find out whether or not it is possible to now update the BB OS on macs. I have a new macbook pro which has desktop manager installed and Im trying to update my Tour using the newest leaked 5.0 software. I have a windows desktop but that is at home whch does me no good here at school.
    So the question is: Is it possible?...
    and if it is...How do i go about doing it?
    12-16-09 08:50 AM
    im in the same boat as you man....hopefully something will come up
    12-16-09 09:11 AM
    There was a post about 2-3 months ago showing how a kid did it. It is such a tedious process that i won't even try it.
    I am thinking that you could run windows on you mac, use DM for windows and update the OS that way. I have never tried it cuz i dont have a window disk on install on my machine but i'm guessing that could be the way to go.
    12-16-09 09:19 AM
    I am running parallels on my macbook but Ive heard that the process isnt the most reliable way to go. Im hoping that someone has tried it successfully on the new DM for mac. Doesn't seem to be looking to good at the moment.
    12-16-09 10:00 AM
    i wish i knew man, i read this site all the time and always look for a thread on this very topic, i tried doing it with my macbook and got the 552 software error and had to reinstall the OS a few times before i got it up and runnnin again. i really dont get what the deal is here with all the "hardcore crackberry heads" that flame you for asking a question they so woefully have to look at in their precious forums they scour all day looking for people with less knowledge so they can stroke their egos behind the computer screen. newsflash! girls dont think thats sexy. i wish i could help u man, if you learn please get back to me! or shoot me a BBM Pin#30d23cdf
    12-16-09 10:16 AM
    I am running parallels on my macbook but Ive heard that the process isnt the most reliable way to go. Im hoping that someone has tried it successfully on the new DM for mac. Doesn't seem to be looking to good at the moment.
    Running the Windows BB DM in Parallels is the way to go.
    12-16-09 10:17 AM
    i really dont get what the deal is here with all the "hardcore crackberry heads" that flame you for asking a question they so woefully have to look at in their precious forums they scour all day looking for people with less knowledge so they can stroke their egos behind the computer screen. newsflash! girls dont think thats sexy.
    I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head right there. Im giving up and running the DM on parallels. Ill check back and you know how it goes. So far it has been a pain in the a$$ just getting the Tour to back itself up.
    12-16-09 10:47 AM
    I have boot camp running on my macbook. And thats what i suggest even over parallels. Its not all to hard to install bootcamp windows, and im sure you find windows out there
    12-16-09 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD