Just wondering if anyone else has installed the OS 10.5.5 update and noticed that through PocketMac your iCal and Address Book no longer sync correctly. I just got a new Curve 8310 in August and everything was working great and then all of a sudden I noticed iCal not transferring appointments. I have uninstalled/reinstalled PocketMac with the same results. I think I am going to do an archive install of OS 10.4 and see if that fixes the problem. Has anyone else seen this happening?
    09-26-08 04:15 PM
    I am running 10.5.5 but I purchased MissingSync (not much better for me at least) before the latest PM came out.
    09-27-08 10:47 PM
    Same for me, I am running 10.5.5 and can't sync with PM. It just hangs there on "Synchronising Contacts". BB is an 8320 Curve running OS 4.5.
    09-28-08 05:13 AM
    I sync-ed yesterday, then worked some more and went to sync again tonight and iCal would not transfer to BB. I set it to overwrite BB, and it did clear on the BB what had transferred by MissingSync yesterday, but would not write to BB.

Also will not sync pics, and I'm not sure how to upload a new plug-in.

I'll do some more reading, but as I'm new to this, I could certainly use some direction.

Thanks.
    09-28-08 11:35 PM
    So it's not just PM, but MissingSync isn't working as well with the new updates to leopard? I'm wondering because I tried uninstalling/reinstalling PM ENDLESS amount of times and was close to saying to heck with it and buying Missing Sync.
    09-29-08 12:37 AM
    Ok...so after doing an Archive install of OS 10.5.1, then syncing onto my work computer with 10.5.5 and it still not working ... I FINALLY found out what happened. Who knew that Address Book (AB) doesn't like pic's in the contact?!?!

See I have (had) a pic of my kids on my BB so when they rang my phone it would show up. W-e-l-l apparently AB doesn't like it. So once I removed their pic from the BB and after looking at everything else ALL DAY, PM now is syncing my AB and iCal!!

So 10.5.5 did not cause a problem...it was the picture in the contact.

No I can get a better nights rest!!
    09-30-08 06:02 PM
    PocketMac was making me so CRAZY! I tried everything to make it work. Uninstalled, reinstalled, even had a copy of the previous version of PM. I tried everything for 4 days to get it to work. It had worked just fine until suddenly it stopped. It would just hang eternally... I really don't understand what happened.

Ended up buying Missing Sync and it was taken cared of in less than 5 minutes. Everything synced fine even after the 10.5.5 update. I should've just done it sooner
    10-01-08 07:49 AM
    AWESOME advice Biffem!!! You are a hero in my book!!! Your advice worked like a charm!
    10-02-08 07:20 AM
    Hiya
    I tried this, removing photos from AB contacts both on the Mac and the BB. Increasingly frustrated why this doesn't work for me. I can't think of anything else, PocketMac stalls at "Synchronising Contacts".

Any other ideas before I go buy Missing Sync, which I would rather not do as money is short right now.

Thanks guys

Running 10.5.5 MacBook 2Ghz Intel Duo
    1GB SDRAM
    PocketMac version 1.4
    10-02-08 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD