Hello everyone,

My husband & I became owners of our first Blackberries last Saturday (2/23/08). We have a PC that runs Win XP Pro and Ubuntu Feisty Fawn, but I also have an iBook that I was hoping to use with my phone.

My iBook runs Mac OS X 10.2.8, has 320 MB of memory & a 366 Mhz PowerPC G3 processor. I don't have any plans to upgrade if I have to shell out $$.

Are there any options out there for me? My Blackberry is a 8100 Pearl.

Thanks
    02-27-08 09:48 PM
    There are a few options, but tell us more what you would like to do with the Mac?
    02-28-08 04:50 AM
    I'd like to be able to run PocketMac, but my system isn't great enough to do so (already tried).
    Basically, I'd like some sort of desktop manager - backup, load ringtones, 3rd party apps - that sort of stuff.

Thanks.
    02-28-08 07:44 AM
    I'd like to be able to run PocketMac, but my system isn't great enough to do so (already tried).
    Basically, I'd like some sort of desktop manager - backup, load ringtones, 3rd party apps - that sort of stuff.

Thanks.
    Ok..
    1. Back up data base: Need to use the DT Manager and at this time that's a no go. Rumor has it that RIM is making DT Software for that Mac. You can do this on your PC.
    Same goes for updating the OS. Need DT Manager.

2. Load ring tones: Best bet is to use a card reader to load pictures, ring tones, videos, and music. If you can connect in Mass Storage Mode that will work to, but others have reported it's sketchy.

3. 3rd Party Apps and themes: As you stated you have tried Pocket Mac, what about Missing Sync? I haven't used it so I'm not sure if you can load apps/themes with it.
    02-28-08 07:57 AM
    Thanks for breaking it down for me. I'll look into Missing Sync.
    02-28-08 08:45 AM
    Hmmm.. Missing Sync is a little pricey for me at $40 to download. I also didn't notice anything about working with blackberries - then again I stopped looking at it after I saw the price.

Thanks anyway!

I'll keep my eyes open for RIM coming out with DM for my 'ancient' Mac. And I don't plan on leaving this place behind anytime soon. It's a very nice place to find information.
    02-28-08 09:04 AM
    Also after checking a little further, Missing Sync can't load themes or apps like PocketMac can.
    02-28-08 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD