so I went and checked it out and the instructions are all PC-based

blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-losing-call-logs-sms-emails-optimize-your-bb-how-setup-max-free-memory.html

Is there a way to do this for Mac users?

- Tania
    Last edited by TDRock; 07-12-08 at 06:53 PM. Reason: wanted to add new question to existing thread instead of starting a new thread
    05-18-08 04:31 PM
    To my knowledge, no. All operations involving installing, or revising the OS on a BB must be performed on a PC.
    05-18-08 04:48 PM
    that is correct no way with a mac i suggest borrowing someones pc sorry
    05-18-08 04:56 PM
    Hmm...disappointment. Oh well, thanks for the info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-08 07:38 PM
    OK - so I can't do this maximizing routine unless I have access to a PC - which I don't. Is there ANYTHING I can do just on the phone to increase the internal memory? I'm down to less than 13K according to my status and I'm definitely feeling the slow. Any suggestions would be appreciated. - Tania
    Last edited by TDRock; 07-12-08 at 06:55 PM. Reason: this is the new question I wanted to add. thanks.
    07-12-08 06:54 PM
    BlackBerryTrade.com

Download the maxmem app.

07-12-08 07:04 PM
    Hey, thanks for the reply but it's telling me to back up via Desktop Manager, which I don't have as a Mac user. This still seems PC-oriented, no?
    07-12-08 07:09 PM
    On maxmem?? If you never use the sample media or vad, etc, you don't need to back it up. When the prompt asks you if you backed up, just say yes.

07-12-08 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD