Ever since I installed Blackberry Link on my Mac, it's been sluggish when syncing my iTunes playlists to my Q10 device.

There seem to be two kinds of problems. The first one I addressed in another post already, the program easily gets confused with my playlist's contents, thus telling me that some files were not copied etc.

I subsequently emptied the 'music' folder on my device and started re-importing my iTunes playlists. It starts syncing, and after a few minutes with little progress I get the message that syncing did not complete. When I click on the error message in the dialogue, I learn that "Service failed.". I also noticed that the volume via which I can access my device's storage on my Mac is extremely slow. Seems like the driver does not really work the way it's supposed to.

I also tried wiping BB Link from my Mac and reinstalling it after a reboot, but still the same. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
    10-17-13 04:51 AM
    Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
    Just stop using BlackBerry Link for basic tasks that Mass Storage mode can handle easier and faster. Honestly, the app is junk. It shouldn't be used for anything but remote access, synching contacts and backing up/restoring your device and even then that should only be in emergency cases.
    mbert likes this.
    10-17-13 05:10 AM
    I think I have found the problem and thought it would be worthwhile sharing my observation.

I usually have a VMWare virtual machine running in the background. I've assigned my Q10 to my Mac (i.e. the host system). When I shut down that virtual machine and quit VMWare, syncing runs without any failures. Seems like either VMWare messes with the USB connection or BB Link tries to use my USB in a way it should not.
    10-17-13 07:47 AM