12-01-09 05:34 PM
181 ... 678
tools
    what it means is the application found in the /Users/brock/Library/Application Support/BlackBerryDesktop/Device Applications folder is bad. I suggest deleting it and downloading again.
    10-27-09 08:21 PM
    So I've downloaded the new version of DM with SP1, theres an option for IP Modem but when I plug in my phone or restart DM the option disappears and it doesn't come back unless I reinstall. Does anyone else have the same problem or know how to fix it.
    10-27-09 09:40 PM
    I just uninstalled BB Desktop Manager, as well as Missing Sync. I downloaded the newest version of BBDM and synced. I still got duplicate birthdays and anniversaries in the BBs calendar, but iCal remained unchanged. More importantly (for me), Contacts synced with no duplicates. Now I can get into an actual workflow and sync my phone every day.

I can deal with the calendar issue. Contacts are much more important for me. I can still use the calendar on my iPod Touch, which syncs perfectly.
    10-28-09 11:33 AM
    I suppose I shouldn't worry that I can't tell that BBDM for the Mac is doing anything at all. It does appear to sync my contacts and whatnot, but it has never offered any updates of anything.

The phone told me that there were new versions of BB App World and the Facebook client; I synced to BBDM which didn't seem to think there was anything available. I upgraded over Verizon's network without a problem.

Is there a trick to BBDM, to get it to find new versions of things like App World?

Stuart
    10-29-09 09:37 AM
    I was wondering the same thing how we update an OS as the once you find are the classical .exe for windows

Help please
    There is a utility for Mac that will let you extract .exe files - it's called FileJuicer. It's shareware so there is a registration fee but it's quicker, easier and cheaper than Parallels Desktop or VMWare Fusion.
    10-29-09 10:32 AM
    I'm a new Mac user (pro with snow leopard) and just synced my S1 for the first time. Flawless except that the media card did not register the first time. Everything else synched perfectly (actually easier and better than on my PC!) I even have multiple calendars and everything went perfectly with no duplicates or other shenanigans. I then unplugged the phone and re-synched and the media card appeared and synched with no problem.
    Happy camper with mac DM as far as I can tell.
    just wanted to pass on a positive review
    12-01-09 05:34 PM
181 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD