12-01-09 06:34 PM
181 ... 5678
tools
    Sync is fine but I cannot get the calendars to sync with Entourage. Notes and tasks sync to Entourage but the calendars will only go to Ical. Anyone have a suggestion ?
    I don't know the answer, but I read elsewhere (FWIW) that entourage can only sync via sync services which goes through iCal...LOL
    10-05-09 08:44 PM
    New to BB own a Tour and downloaded the new Software for Mac users. Did not do all that bad, synched all my music calendar etc. did do some repeats but fixable, but guess what what was in my contacts on my address book in my mac was what appeared in my contacts on my tour....3. had to go back to verizon to get them to reload my contacts. Too scared to sync again I think I can and eliminate my contact sync.. anyone else have any solutions?
    10-05-09 09:42 PM
    Success! Thanks for finding this in the blackberry.com forum!!
    So glad that worked for you!
    10-06-09 01:22 AM
    So glad that worked for you!
    Me too! Now if only we could figure out how to load a hybrid or leaked OS...
    10-06-09 12:05 PM
    Me too! Now if only we could figure out how to load a hybrid or leaked OS...
    I was wondering the same thing how we update an OS as the once you find are the classical .exe for windows

Help please
    10-07-09 05:25 AM
    I downloaded DM this evening and it won't sync my calendars. I have 5 calendars and 3 subscribed (read only) calendars. I put everything from my BB into Device calendar. However, it won't sync anything. I get this message immediately.. .For help resolving this issue, refer to KB19454 in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Knowledge Base. It says it is a problem "that we are aware but don't know when it will be fixed!" I was really looking forward to being able to sync calendars seamlessly but it won't download them at all. SO, now I'm not sure whether I should just uninstall DM until issue gets fixed or whether someone else has had this problem and figured it out
    I had this problem. Found what I read it you can only sync everything onto one calendar. Here is what I did id does two sync after. Check it out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/how...l-sync-331398/
    10-07-09 06:07 AM
    i love this dm but the only thing is you cant sync pics or vids like i dreamed of...
    10-09-09 12:57 AM
    The media synced double music entires. Contacts synced but cannot be edited in BB.

Calendar synced fine.

Any suggestions for the Contacts and Music anomaly?

Thanks
    10-09-09 07:08 AM
    Felt the need to register my issues with Mac DM for Blackberry as well:

Snow Leopard 10.6.1
    Verizon 8330 v 4.5.0.138
    Tethered, but not while syncing

- DM software 'hung' several times during sync, had to force quit
    - some contacts on BB are duplicated, none can be deleted or edited without 'address updated externally changes will be lost and the viewer closed'
    - tried to uninstall DM - got 'Uninstall Failed. Some BlackBerry Desktop Manager components may not have been removed from your computer. Try re-booting and starting again (which I did).
    - manually removed all traces of BB Desktop and reinstalled
    - completely wiped BB
    - re-sync, DM claims success but calendar not synced, contacts synced but again can't be edited or deleted

That's my experience.

The important question is - Has BB acknowledged these issues either on their support site or their forum? I've done my share of searching and haven't found anything. If so, I'd appreciate a link so I can track a fix for these issues!
    10-09-09 07:54 AM
    For Calendar refer to http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/how...l-sync-331398/

I have seen some of the issues on their page.
    10-09-09 09:44 AM
    The important question is - Has BB acknowledged these issues either on their support site or their forum? I've done my share of searching and haven't found anything. If so, I'd appreciate a link so I can track a fix for these issues!
    here is the link you shouted about
    10-09-09 10:48 AM
    Well how about I try to add my Tour latest OS to isync and it says no devices found. I have tried syncing using dm via mac and have been unsuccessful. I upgraded the OS last night so there was nothing on my device. No calendars, no contacts etc. Now I just got an error message telling me there was a problem syncing. It did the calendar, tasks and memos but Partial Contacts. I am getting extremely frustrated with DM for mac. Never had these issues before. I wish it went as smoothly as it does on a PC. ugh....
    10-11-09 11:55 AM
    Has anyone had any success syncing iCal and Address Book to a VZW Pearl 8130 using DM?

Considering all that I've read in this thread, I'm a bit hesitant to even try RIM's DM. Presently I use Missing Sync, but only to sync iCal and Tasks. No matter what I try, my contacts will not sync correctly with that ridiculous program. The thought of being able to sync iCal, Tasks, and contacts is very tempting - but from reading this thread, I get the feeling that DM won't deliver.

Anyways, I'm running the most recent version of 10.5 on my MacBook Pro and my Pearl is running Alltell's 4.5.0.160. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 01:53 PM
    here is the link you shouted about[/url]
    Thanks Statman - That's what I was looking for. I didn't mean to shout, I thought shouting was all caps. Thanks again!
    10-12-09 01:26 AM
    Tried to update my 8330 from Mac Desktop Manager and this is the message that was displayed:

"BlackBerry Desktop Manager failed to validate your BlackBerry device update.
    Failed to validate OS image file: /Users/Grant/Library/Application Support/BlackBerryDesktop/Device Applications/555b86a37e43fbae9733a386583ded5254f5e8c6/rim8330cu.sfi"

Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated!
    10-12-09 07:44 PM
    I've been syncing with the leaked DM and my Blackberry Bold - the first time I've been able to successfully sync on a regular basis since buying the phone at the end of 08.

Today I downloaded the "update" (official version?). Now I can no longer sync and on top of that, the software recognized this as my initial sync attempt, so it's gone ahead and erased the contacts on my device without replacing them with the info on my computer.

For whoever says that the leaked version and the official version are the same just because the version number is the same, I think you're probably wrong. That's also a rather ridiculous argument.

Thank goodness I had backed up my phone recently enough with the old DM or I'd be royally screwed. RIM SUCKS with Mac. I'm nearly on my last nerve and about to move to iPhone. Mac users should not have to put up with this absurdity.

I shouldn't have to uninstall the "official" version and revert to the leak, but unfortunately, that was the one that worked, and this one is GARBAGE.
    Last edited by LAChrisPaul; 10-12-09 at 09:50 PM.
    10-12-09 09:46 PM
    It gets worse! I uninstalled the new one, got the old version back, and now that one doesn't work either! Sweet!

Now, I'm pretty savvy, generally speaking. I'm not as tech-savvy as a lot of you on here, so maybe I'm missing something and one of you will go beast-mode dork on me, but I'm better than average on almost all issues Mac and Blackberry..

This absolutely blows. Sorry.
    10-12-09 11:26 PM
    Does anybody know how to back-up 3rd party apps with DM for Mac?

10-13-09 02:15 AM
    I am not having any trouble with the new DM. Initially I synced the calendar by itself. Then I synced the Contacts by them selves. Then I synced everything at one time. It has worked perfectly for me.
    10-15-09 12:26 AM
    The official Mac DM has worked perfectly for me too. My Mac OS is Snow Leopard. Everything syncs smooth as silk.
    10-15-09 07:49 AM
    When I did my 8330 it set everything back to factory settings on my phone! not too happy

10-17-09 02:17 PM
    The official Mac DM has worked perfectly for me too. My Mac OS is Snow Leopard. Everything syncs smooth as silk.
    same here i have had no trouble, everything syncs perfectly on my storm im also running Snow Leopard..idk if that makes a difference or not
    10-17-09 03:50 PM
    to LA Chris Paul:
    Same thing happened to me, what fixed it was to do this:
    1. Navigate to <User>/Library/Application Support/
    2. Delete the BlackBerryDesktop folder.
    3. Empty the Trash Bin.
    4. Restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    10-18-09 02:58 AM
    The only problem I am having with mine is, I go to sync my music, and it does not see that I have a memory card. My fix, eject the phone, then reconnect it, and it works, but you shouldn't have to plug in, the unplug the darn thing just for something simple like music. Besides that, all the syncing works perfectly for me.
    10-18-09 12:50 PM
    Tried to update my 8330 from Mac Desktop Manager and this is the message that was displayed:

"BlackBerry Desktop Manager failed to validate your BlackBerry device update.
    Failed to validate OS image file: /Users/Grant/Library/Application Support/BlackBerryDesktop/Device Applications/555b86a37e43fbae9733a386583ded5254f5e8c6/rim8330cu.sfi"

Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated!
    No doubt. I just tried updating my Storm with Mac Desktop Manager and got the same error.
    To be exact, this is the message I get...

Failed to validate OS image file: /Users/brock/Library/Application Support/BlackBerryDesktop/Device Applications/feb2ff4c400c5cfe5379d1e45609319f1996c020/rim0x04001404.sfi

Does anyone know what this means?

...first post ever.
    Last edited by crack kills; 10-27-09 at 12:08 PM.
    10-27-09 11:53 AM
181 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD