12-01-09 06:34 PM
181 ... 45678
tools
    I have a Curve and its giving me the same issue. All other syncing went fine except for media.
    I had the same problem. I went through several of the steps in previous posts and kept coming up with the same issues. After giving up, I ejected the device and the both the songs and playlists showed up after the disconnecting the USB and the device scanned for music.
    10-04-09 07:28 PM
    I see a ton of people having issues with the synching of iCal and other media, but I'm curious is anyone else having problems adding/removing apps? I've only seen one other person so far and no solution.
    Last edited by sammy_michelle; 10-04-09 at 08:45 PM.
    10-04-09 08:42 PM
    well just for you I gave it a try and it worked fine.
    10-04-09 08:56 PM
    well just for you I gave it a try and it worked fine.
    Well thanks Statman. I don't know what the problem is on my end then.
    10-04-09 11:07 PM
    So tell us about your iCal....how many calendars? Are you syncing with Entourage (or other) as well? I would try this:

trash the folder: user>library>application support> BlackBerryDesktop

Restart the computer, repair permissions and restart dm and try again.
    Tried your suggestion. Calendar sync still hangs. This program is a POS.

Thanks for the help.
    10-04-09 11:27 PM
    Tried your suggestion. Calendar sync still hangs. This program is a POS.

Thanks for the help.
    well if you aren't going to tell us anything we can't help...did you read my first sentence (before you just tried my suggestion?)
    10-04-09 11:37 PM
    well if you aren't going to tell us anything we can't help...did you read my first sentence (before you just tried my suggestion?)
    Yes I read your first sentence. Not sure what else I can tell you that I haven't already.

I'm trying to sync Entourage calendar ONLY. It hangs about 75% of the progress bar.
    10-04-09 11:39 PM
    Yes I read your first sentence. Not sure what else I can tell you that I haven't already.
    I'm trying to sync Entourage calendar ONLY. It hangs about 75% of the progress bar.
    Well how many calendars do you have in entourage? which version of entourage? sync services turned on in entourage? do you have any subscribed calendars?

I would quite entourage and rebuild the data base (hold option button when re-starting entourage). try selecting just one calendar from entourage and see if that completes.
    10-04-09 11:49 PM
    Well how many calendars do you have in entourage?
    I have ONE calendar.

which version of entourage?
    2008 for Mac, version 12.2.0, latest installed update 12.2.1

sync services turned on in entourage?
    Have tried it both way, same hang results.

do you have any subscribed calendars?
    No

I would quite entourage and rebuild the data base (hold option button when re-starting entourage).
    I did this, same results.

try selecting just one calendar from entourage and see if that completes.
    Only have the one calendar.

I do appreciate the help. Thanks.
    10-04-09 11:56 PM
    1. When I sync my media all my album covers are added to my pictures folder. Really annoying. Any way to stop that?

2. What makes RIM think we carry our computers with us to add new contacts when we get new numbers? Why can we not add contacts from our BB's to our computers?

3. Number 2 but with our calendars instead.

Any help will be appreciated.
    10-05-09 12:31 AM
    ^^^^^^

4. Why when I change a contact is it an "external update" then when I go to my address book on my Mac the contact is deleted. I went back to my phone and the contact wasn't updated either?

None of this seems very logical.

It seems all this DM can do is back up our phones and people are having problems even doing that!
    10-05-09 12:46 AM
    My issue is this:

Just for the heck of it I deleted a phone number from one of my contacts. Let says its Joe Schmo, and I deleted his mobile number (but left his home number). I did this ON MY BLACKBERRY. The number is STILL in my Address Book on my Macbook.

Then, I wanted to see if BB DM would recognize there was a difference in Joe Schmo's contact.

It did not, but what it did do was sync without a problem, but now it deleted Joe Schmo's mobile number in my Address Book as well.

I thought it would have alerted me that a change was being made - like BB DM for PCs -- that is really freaking annoying.

Anyone else come across this? Any fixes?

EDIT: I've also tried to make a new entry, TEST ENTRY, in Address book. When attempting to sync, all goes smoothly except "TEST ENTRY" does not get added to my BB Contacts. So annoying.
    Last edited by CJG_NYC; 10-05-09 at 09:28 AM. Reason: New Problem
    10-05-09 01:58 AM
    So for those of you doing the iCal sync...do you only have one calendar? If so...that may be my issue. It won't sync multiple calendars and it won't sync subscribed calendars....
    I personally have about 10 calendars, some of them are subscribed calendars. All of them are syncing great. I'm using a MBP OS 10.5.8, BB8330 4.5.0.169.
    10-05-09 10:48 AM
    I personally have about 10 calendars, some of them are subscribed calendars. All of them are syncing great. I'm using a MBP OS 10.5.8, BB8330 4.5.0.169.
    I'm also using a MBP with OS 10.5.8 and a Verizon BB8830, but with v4.5.0.138 (I thought I had the most current version). My multiple calendars brought in duplicates, even when I had the computer overwrite the device. The difference is either in the version of BB software or the carrier.

Another thought, could it be possible I'm getting duplicates because BB Desktop Manager is pulling the info from my backup drive in addition to the hard drive?
    10-05-09 10:56 AM
    I too initially had an issue with duplicate calendar entries. I found that if ANY of the appointment details differed it would create a new event. I simply corrected all of the details in mac cal and then re-synced overwriting all calendar entries on the BB.
    One difference I noticed is that you are using the 8830, whereas I am using an 8330. Not certain if that makes a difference but it is a thought.
    Give the edit, overwrite thing a try and let me know how things go.
    10-05-09 11:17 AM
    How do you have it set up? I have 4 calendars (home, work, wife, gmail). these are the names as they show up in ical and mobile me.

They also show up this way on DM on the cal sync page.

However, on the BB they don't show up as those names. I'm getting calendars for each email address I have on the BB. Even though there are no calendars associated with these email addresses?

Also, I went and looked at "Service books" under advanced options. I found the following:
    each email address@verizon.net[CICAL].

could this be what is causing the problem?
    10-05-09 11:34 AM
    My issue is this:

Just for the heck of it I deleted a phone number from one of my contacts. Let says its Joe Schmo, and I deleted his mobile number (but left his home number). I did this ON MY BLACKBERRY. The number is STILL in my Address Book on my Macbook.

Then, I wanted to see if BB DM would recognize there was a difference in Joe Schmo's contact.

It did not, but what it did do was sync without a problem, but now it deleted Joe Schmo's mobile number in my Address Book as well.

I thought it would have alerted me that a change was being made - like BB DM for PCs -- that is really freaking annoying.

Anyone else come across this? Any fixes?

EDIT: I've also tried to make a new entry, TEST ENTRY, in Address book. When attempting to sync, all goes smoothly except "TEST ENTRY" does not get added to my BB Contacts. So annoying.
    Something is goofy between DTM and iSync. Half the time I am not getting alert messages on changes, either, and then there are other times where I do get the alert of changes but they do not go through when I click "sync now." It is as if I am clicking "sync later" instead.

Regarding addresses, a sync renamed a bunch of contacts on my Mac without alerting me to the changes. It really ticked me off.
    10-05-09 11:37 AM
    I have DTM set to sync all calendars, put events created on BB in "appointments". I am not using I-sync at all. I sync directly through DTM.
    I have all events on my device on 1 calendar. so I cannot comment on, or offer any resolution for the issue of calendar names on BB.
    Sorry.
    10-05-09 11:48 AM
    I haven't tried that yet, but I unplugged my backup drive and did a sync overwriting contacts and calendar on the BB. The triplicate entries in contacts are gone, but the duplicates in the calendar are still there.
    10-05-09 12:32 PM
    I have all events on my device on 1 calendar. so I cannot comment on, or offer any resolution for the issue of calendar names on BB.
    so which is it? do you have 10 calendars or 1 on the BB? so my point is having multiple calendars on BOTH do not sync...LOL
    10-05-09 12:37 PM
    so which is it? do you have 10 calendars or 1 on the BB? so my point is having multiple calendars on BOTH do not sync...LOL
    I have a pile of calendars on my mac. but I only have them sync to one on my BB. I have not tried to separate them. I do see how that was a little confusing. sorry for that
    10-05-09 12:47 PM
    For anyone getting a:

"Blackberry Desktop Manager failed to validate your Blackberry device update. Validation failed because a module marked for add (net_rim_platform_resource__pt) is not available on local disk." error when you try to add/remove applications, I found a solution on the Blackberry.com forum that I tried and it did work.

I had to uncheck all of the language packs that I wasn't using. I remember the Verizon rep asking me if I wanted other languages on my phone, and I said no, which may be why they couldn't be found on the local disk. Once I unchecked these, everything ran smoothly. Very relieved that I can finally add/install apps via DM.

For the record, I am on a Mac, running Snow Leopard, with a Tour. I know there was at least one other person on here with this issue, so hopefully that helps.
    10-05-09 06:01 PM
    I downloaded DM this evening and it won't sync my calendars. I have 5 calendars and 3 subscribed (read only) calendars. I put everything from my BB into Device calendar. However, it won't sync anything. I get this message immediately.. .For help resolving this issue, refer to KB19454 in the BlackBerry Desktop Manager Knowledge Base. It says it is a problem "that we are aware but don't know when it will be fixed!" I was really looking forward to being able to sync calendars seamlessly but it won't download them at all. SO, now I'm not sure whether I should just uninstall DM until issue gets fixed or whether someone else has had this problem and figured it out
    10-05-09 07:17 PM
    For anyone getting a:

"Blackberry Desktop Manager failed to validate your Blackberry device update. Validation failed because a module marked for add (net_rim_platform_resource__pt) is not available on local disk." error when you try to add/remove applications, I found a solution on the Blackberry.com forum that I tried and it did work.

I had to uncheck all of the language packs that I wasn't using. I remember the Verizon rep asking me if I wanted other languages on my phone, and I said no, which may be why they couldn't be found on the local disk. Once I unchecked these, everything ran smoothly. Very relieved that I can finally add/install apps via DM.

For the record, I am on a Mac, running Snow Leopard, with a Tour. I know there was at least one other person on here with this issue, so hopefully that helps.

Success! Thanks for finding this in the blackberry.com forum!!
    10-05-09 07:23 PM
    Sync is fine but I cannot get the calendars to sync with Entourage. Notes and tasks sync to Entourage but the calendars will only go to Ical. Anyone have a suggestion ?
    10-05-09 07:59 PM
181 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD