12-01-09 06:34 PM
181 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I was initially getting a sync error to, but I had my bb storm connected through a usb 2.0 hub. I disconnected it and plugged it straight into the front of my powermac G5. sync's nice and quick.
    10-03-09 02:18 AM
    Ok, so I had a failed sync a second ago on Snow Leopard with my Tour "Persistent store migration failed, missing source managed object model." and after some trial and error I got everything to work smoothly...here's what I did.

Uninstall official version using their uninstaller
    Go back through finder and Delete EVERYTHING (yes, even the folder in Documents with your backups, or save them somewhere else)
    Repair permissions
    Reboot
    Install official client again
    Repair permissions
    Reboot
    Reboot DEVICE
    Run official client and sync

Calendar and contacts successfully synced...not really using iTunes, but I'll try it later to confirm.

I was having the same problems and tried the above and it worked great. Thanks for your help.
    10-03-09 11:58 AM
    is anyone getting their address book to sync w/ groups?
    10-03-09 01:08 PM
    In response to the subscribed calendar issue, I subscribe to 2 different calendars and have 5 different additional calendars on my ICal. All synched without a problem.
    I also was using Missing Sync before and did not uninstall it prior to running the Mac Desktop software
    How do you have it set up? By that I mean, I can see the ical subcribed calendars in the sync options, but when they sync they all merge in to one calendar. And then on the 8830 when I go to "choose a calendar" I have calenders that corespond to all my email accounts "not linked to any calendars" and none of the ical calendars show up on the device as options.
    10-03-09 02:11 PM
    yea mine worked just fine... *noob question* is there a way to sync pictures to and from the dm to the phone?
    10-03-09 03:26 PM
    Had no problems with DM recognizing and backing up my device, but quickly ran into to some syncing issues. Think I've figured out I don't want to sync calendars using DM b/c it wouldn't sync a google cal and I use that as a "shared" calendar among users on my Mac - so google sync should be fine for that.

Bigger issue is contacts...not getting any error messages, but DM doesn't transfer any of the contact info in my Address Book to my Storm, other than Names and company names (and it's screwing up some of the names). Basically on the Storm I now have contact names with completely blank fields. Anybody else getting this problem? (btw I've already turned off the contact syncing in google sync)
    10-03-09 06:58 PM
    So I downloaded this yesterday, and the beta I had was .75, this is build 89, so newer version. Backed up calendar before starting, that's my main concern, use this to keep my schedule and then print for time sheets. Did a sync, had it overwrite the device. This seemed to work well, but then on the next syncs, my second schedule wouldn't sync, and certain things got erased. Actually had to entries last Sunday, they were both there, then the second disappeared, first was still on BB, So I will continue to play, but I don't know what can be done with multiple schedules, but I'd like to know, also have a Flyers schedule I'd like to send to my Bold if it's possible.

Other issue is Music. Tried to set up sync, and although it sees the card without an issue, it doesn't recognize the playlists I sent to it with the beta. Someone said take out all instances of Media Sync. Would this be on the Bold as well as the Mac? Wasn't sure if there was a Media Sync on the Mac, but I will look around. Found Media Sync files on the BB, which I can delete if necessary, just wondering if anyone knows the procedure or where things need to be. May be a good idea to delete everything and start from scratch, just not sure.

Thanks for any info.
    10-03-09 07:18 PM
    I believe the all of my problems are memory related. Every time I sync and have an error or something doesn't work right, I check my curve and see that I have 0 under "file free." If I unplug the BB it immediately jumps back to normal, somewhere around 12mb.
    10-03-09 08:17 PM
    This program is a turd. Hang on calendar sync every time.
    OS 10.6.1
    BB 8900 - 4.6 .199

Fresh install, no other sync programs installed.
    10-03-09 10:02 PM
    This program is a turd. Hang on calendar sync every time.
    OS 10.6.1
    BB 8900 - 4.6 .199

Fresh install, no other sync programs installed.
    So tell us about your iCal....how many calendars? Are you syncing with Entourage (or other) as well? I would try this:

trash the folder: user>library>application support> BlackBerryDesktop

Restart the computer, repair permissions and restart dm and try again.
    10-03-09 10:06 PM
    So tell us about your iCal....how many calendars? Are you syncing with Entourage (or other) as well? I would try this:

I'm trying to sync with Entourage ONLY. I don't use iCal. I've changed sync preferences and get the same result. Sync hangs, although it does sync some calendar items.

I'll try your suggestion a bit later. I'm off to grab a bite to eat. Thanks.
    10-03-09 10:10 PM
    I believe the all of my problems are memory related. Every time I sync and have an error or something doesn't work right, I check my curve and see that I have 0 under "file free." If I unplug the BB it immediately jumps back to normal, somewhere around 12mb.
    Looked at mine, while plugged in memory was still fine.

I'll gve this a shot later. Was able to sync two playlists without issue after dleeting all the music off my SD card.
    10-03-09 11:10 PM
    I'm having a few minor issues. Headache inducing, but not enough to make me quit.
    I have a BB Storm and Have OS 10.6 SL.

I used the beta which resulted in duplicate contacts. Tried to fix that with the official release, didn't work.
    And, after syncing with the official release, my calendars have duplicated. iCal has calendars divided as do BBs. Well, now I have multiple entries for the same dates under different calendars.
    Any ideas on how to fix this?
    10-04-09 01:06 AM
    I keep getting a sync error message. it will load then say sync error then load again then say sync error. im tryna to 2 way syncing with my cal nothing is working and im gettin frustrated as ****, if anyone sees anything or finds a solution please email me at jose.mendez@tmo.blackberry.net
    10-04-09 01:54 AM
    I can't see that it supports ANY syncing...at least it has not worked for me. The beta worked better...go figure?
    I totally agree... the initial sych erased all my contacts and calendars and then synch errors thwarted every attempt to restore that lost data... at least with beta, i didn't have to worry about my trackball slipping and selecting the wrong contact, since i had four copies of everyone in my addy book, but hey, at least i had data in there! total let down... well, not totally, it did manage to synch my itunes...
    10-04-09 02:29 AM
    Getting this error when I try to add or remove apps?

Validation failed because a module marked for add (net_rim_platform_resource__pt) is not available on local disk

Any idea what this means? I'm totally new to all of this.
    10-04-09 03:49 AM
    I was able to successfully load .231 on my 8900 through mac DM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 10:25 AM
    Getting this error when I try to add or remove apps?

Validation failed because a module marked for add (net_rim_platform_resource__pt) is not available on local disk

Any idea what this means? I'm totally new to all of this.
    Same here. I called RIM tech support about this -- they're investigating and are supposed to call me back early next week. I'll post my findings in this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/pro...ations-328456/
    10-04-09 11:30 AM
    weird contact sync issue where it asks me if i want to merge or replace, im like wtf ?
    10-04-09 11:40 AM
    weird contact sync issue where it asks me if i want to merge or replace, im like wtf ?
    hmmm...why is this weird...it is asking if you want to merge the data bases or replace the data base on the device? The only option it does not give is to replace data on computer (probably because rim software cannot manipulate mac OS).
    10-04-09 02:14 PM
    Same here. I called RIM tech support about this -- they're investigating and are supposed to call me back early next week. I'll post my findings in this thread...
    Great, please do. I'll be checking. Are you using Snow Leopard?
    10-04-09 03:20 PM
    The only option it does not give is to replace data on computer (probably because rim software cannot manipulate mac OS).
    And that is the option I would like!!
    10-04-09 03:23 PM
    My calendars seem to sync well with no problems, but my contacts will not sync...Continue to get the SYNC error message!!! My music is does not sync as well!! Does someone know how to fix this error? Before with the OS version my contacts would sync but not my calendars...now with the official version my contacts wont sync!!!HELP! I am so tempted just to get an IPHONE and forget how Steve Jobs made it difficult for any other device to get along with MACS!
    10-04-09 05:00 PM
    And that is the option I would like!!
    You and me both!
    10-04-09 06:03 PM
    started using the new bb for mac fromt eh blackberry site and i can't back up my device.
    don't sync contacts from address book.

GAGH..

I was an iPhone user but thought the bb 8900 was smarter and faster when it came to txt msging and e-mails.

but thsi whole syncing non syncing thign is extremely annoying. makes me want to switch back.
    10-04-09 06:59 PM
181 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD