12-01-09 05:34 PM
181 ... 23456 ...
tools
    The Desktop Manager is working great for me... just one issue. I have seen several people mention this but haven't seen a definitive answer.

Desktop Manager says I don't have a media card installed but it's in there. Media Card support and Mass storage mode is on. I have a Storm 9530. Any advice from someone who may have figured it out?
    When you have your phone connected on USB, do you see Blackberry 1 and Blackberry 2 in Finder under devices?
    10-02-09 07:58 PM
    When you have your phone connected on USB, do you see Blackberry 1 and Blackberry 2 in Finder under devices?
    I see neither...
    10-02-09 08:05 PM
    If you haven't done so yet, try a battery pull on your phone. Also, what OS are you on? I saw in another post some conjecture that some of the leaked OS may be a problem. I'm running .151
    10-02-09 08:10 PM
    If you haven't done so yet, try a battery pull on your phone. Also, what OS are you on? I saw in another post some conjecture that some of the leaked OS may be a problem. I'm running .151
    Tried the battery pull already... nothing. I'm running .148 platform .181...
    10-02-09 08:15 PM
    Your computer OS and specs meet the minimum requirements?
    10-02-09 08:21 PM
    No hoops at all. Downloaded. Had the software wipe my device then sync. Subsequent to that I have sync 3 more times with a two way sync with no problem.
    So explain the caution I get....since the only option is two way sync, please explain how you did it...
    10-02-09 08:22 PM
    I got the same caution with my 2 subscribed calendars. They did sync to my BB
    10-02-09 08:24 PM
    I got the same caution with my 2 subscribed calendars. They did sync to my BB
    I just tried syncing my two subscribed calendars and even though I go the same caution, it worked for me as well.
    10-02-09 08:26 PM
    I have multiple calendars in iCal. Despite telling BDM to overwrite the calendar on the BB, I got duplicate entries. For contacts, I also had it overwrite the BB and I got triplicates there.
    10-02-09 08:27 PM
    you guys must be living right...LOL
    10-02-09 08:27 PM
    I always update my contacts on my BlackBerry so I want to one-way sync it with my Mac. There are some contacts on my Mac Address book that I don't want so if I two-way merged it, I'd have contacts on my BB I don't want. There are too many to go through. Is there a one-way sync or am I just not seeing this?

Mac Snow Leopard & BB 8900. Thanks folks.
    10-02-09 08:29 PM
    I always update my contacts on my BlackBerry so I want to one-way sync it with my Mac. There are some contacts on my Mac Address book that I don't want so if I two-way merged it, I'd have contacts on my BB I don't want. There are too many to go through. Is there a one-way sync or am I just not seeing this?

Mac Snow Leopard & BB 8900. Thanks folks.
    when I got it to work, if you are on the two way sync, you will get a second window to merge or go one way...see screen shot
    10-02-09 08:34 PM
    you guys must be living right...LOL
    LOL! I hope you figure it out man. Maybe it's time for a call to RIM tech support?
    10-02-09 08:35 PM
    I am using Snow Leopard, and a Blackberry Tour with no software modifications.

I downloaded the software, and installed it. Ran it, and set it to overwrite the device on the first sync. All but the calendars synced the first time. I was able to move some files to my media card, too. I do not use my phone as a music player, so I did not activate that part.

I changed the settings so that only iCal was to sync. I disconnected the BB, reset sync services in iSync, and reconnected my BB. I was then able to overwrite the device with my calendars. All of my calendars synced, but one date--Thanksgiving Day does not seem to want to show up on my BB. All of the other holidays seem to sync fine. Subsequent syncs seemed to work, as well. Has anyone else had a problem with just one or two dates not syncing?

I have not uninstalled Missing Sync yet. I probably will not, unless I have other issues.
    10-02-09 08:38 PM
    LOL! I hope you figure it out man. Maybe it's time for a call to RIM tech support?
    funny part was it worked fine with the beta version...I'll keep playin'
    10-02-09 08:38 PM
    when I got it to work, if you are on the two way sync, you will get a second window to merge or go one way...see screen shot
    I saw the "will duplicate some entries" and didn't want to take the risk. You think that would duplicate them on the device as well as my Mac address book? Thanks for the help/suggestion.

Matt
    10-02-09 08:49 PM
    I saw the "will duplicate some entries" and didn't want to take the risk. You think that would duplicate them on the device as well as my Mac address book? Thanks for the help/suggestion.

Matt
    if you "replace the device data", the only duplicates will be on your BB...You might try in the advanced option to check the "replace all blah blah blah" box, it might work...
    10-02-09 09:02 PM
    I just downloaded this onto the Hackintosh (not the Macbook) where there was no previous version of DM/Mac.

When I did a "get info" on the downloaded file it tells me I downloaded/modified it 2 days ago. This is the .dmg which is NOT installed yet. WTF?

That's messed up. RIM and Apple need to rework this big-time.
    10-02-09 09:10 PM
    I was able to sync fine after installing it. The only issue I noticed was that the transfer speeds seemed to be at USB 1.0 speeds. Anybody else have a slow sync?
    10-02-09 09:58 PM
    Your computer OS and specs meet the minimum requirements?
    Yes, I have a Mac Book Pro running 10.5.8. Only about a year old...
    10-02-09 10:11 PM
    Downloaded onto a macbook pro with no previous BB installations. Synced up just fine on my 8900. Will try on the imac tomorrow and play with itunes.
    10-02-09 10:40 PM
    This is the same message that I get when trying to add/remove apps.
    I am also getting this message when trying to ADD/REMOVE apps.
    10-02-09 10:45 PM
    The beta was 1.0 build 76 and this is build 89

Be SURE to UNINSTALL the beta BEFORE installing the release

Might be good to install Google Sync and back y=up your stuff that way before trying a local backup too
    10-02-09 11:19 PM
    Has anyone with 5.0 on a Tour tried using DM for Mac?
    10-03-09 12:56 AM
    using Tour (.140) and OS 10.5.6:

back up seemed to be fine.
    sync contacts fine (doesn't sync Main number, as someone earlier in the thread pointed out)
    sync ical (1) fine
    sync music fine

In Network preferences I have a new connection for the BB but when I try to tether it I receive an error msg that the modem settings are not correct (even though they are). In the advanced area of the connection it is set to RIM and the APN is correct (works fine with my Nokia).
    Anyone tether with this connection?

Also how do you sync Podcasts and Movies in iTunes?
    10-03-09 12:58 AM
181 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD