12-01-09 05:34 PM
181 12345 ...
tools
    You are correct...I just edited my post (typo). Sorry bout that...
    Oh, right on. For a minute there I was beginning to think either you or I had mistakenly downloaded the wrong version.
    10-02-09 04:03 PM
    Back to an unanswered question Bluetooth sync??
    10-02-09 04:22 PM
    I was able to sync fine but any of my addresses that only had a company name showed up as "no name" in Address Book. I had to go into each contact individually in Address Book and click on the box that said company name. If I add a new contact on my BB with a company name only and sync it the same thing happens. Anyone come across this or have a fix?
    10-02-09 04:33 PM
    Just got home and installed BBM on my Macbook running 10.6.1 and synced up with no problems at all. Synced with ical,address book, notes and tasks and music as well.... So far so good. So good in fact I'm going to put my XP netbook on Ebay.
    10-02-09 04:34 PM
    Back to an unanswered question Bluetooth sync??
    There is no clear indication that BT is capable in this version of DM. Maybe they should have and helped prevented some of these issues many are encountering.
    10-02-09 04:45 PM
    There is no clear indication that BT is capable in this version of DM. Maybe they should have and helped prevented some of these issues many are encountering.
    True. I have not seen a BT choice in this build.
    10-02-09 04:48 PM
    HELP! i keep trying to sync my itunes but it says my mass storage is turned off. i check it and it says it is ON but it wont register for the computerwhat do i do?

i just downloaded the new desktop manager for the mac and it works great except i cant put music on it.

what do i do to make the mass storage turn on? it says its off on the computer but on my phone it says its on. what do do???
    10-02-09 04:50 PM
    Wow, worked like a charm! Thanks, before I had many of the errors ppl are talking about on here. try this, worked for me on my Storm.

Ok, so I had a failed sync a second ago on Snow Leopard with my Tour "Persistent store migration failed, missing source managed object model." and after some trial and error I got everything to work smoothly...here's what I did.

Uninstall official version using their uninstaller
    Go back through finder and Delete EVERYTHING (yes, even the folder in Documents with your backups, or save them somewhere else)
    Repair permissions
    Reboot
    Install official client again
    Repair permissions
    Reboot
    Reboot DEVICE
    Run official client and sync

Calendar and contacts successfully synced...not really using iTunes, but I'll try it later to confirm.
    10-02-09 04:52 PM
    Ok.. Im scared to download this now...

If it's no different to the beta, I may as well forget it...

Do not know

question, can i install the official over the beta, or will i need to delete it first? and second question, does the official come with any new features, basically does it look like we can finally update firmware?
    Yes run the uninstaller that came with the beta then Install the released version. My worked lake a charm. Go ahead give it a go.
    10-02-09 04:53 PM
    Wow, worked like a charm! Thanks, before I had many of the errors ppl are talking about on here. try this, worked for me on my Storm.
    I'm guessing your iSync is enabled and does it show any devices added?

I'm trying to get it to recognize iCal.

I tried the same directions and had no change. I keep getting the uninstaller error but when I look for those rim files they are already removed.
    10-02-09 05:01 PM
    well after that first successful calendar sync, it's now hanging at 75% every time
    10-02-09 05:33 PM
    I'm guessing your iSync is enabled and does it show any devices added?
    Here's the interesting thing about my situation: iCal, iTunes and Contacts syncs are running perfectly and yet, iSync will not let me add my Tour. The error I get says simply says "iSync cannot connect to this device".
    10-02-09 05:55 PM
    Here's the interesting thing about my situation: iCal, iTunes and Contacts syncs are running perfectly and yet, iSync will not let me add my Tour. The error I get says simply says "iSync cannot connect to this device".
    I would think that is needed but I have the same thing, it says can't connect. I don't know what is different between this and leaked version. I can't understand why it says I don't have a calendar for sync.

This is becoming a hair pulling experience and I don't have much left on my head.
    10-02-09 06:03 PM
    I would think that is needed but I have the same thing, it says can't connect. I don't know what is different between this and leaked version. I can't understand why it says I don't have a calendar for sync.

This is becoming a hair pulling experience and I don't have much left on my head.
    I wish I could help you out but since everything has gone so smoothly since I downloaded DM this morning (save for not being able to delete applications yet), I haven't had to do any troubleshooting on the iCal side of things.

Am I correct in assuming you're running the stock OS on your device and not a leaked/hybrid version?
    Last edited by CafeRacer808; 10-02-09 at 06:09 PM.
    10-02-09 06:07 PM
    I wish I could help you out but since everything has gone so smoothly since I downloaded DM this morning (save for not being able to delete applications yet), I haven't had to do any troubleshooting on the iCal side of things.
    I understand. I have been able to remove applications, add applications and I even downgraded from 230 to 148 through this new DM without any problems but unable to find my calendar.

Maybe I'll try removing the CICAL for my calendar and resend service books? I went to the BB Tech Soluction Center and nothing about it.

Maybe I just need to upgrade to the Tour?
    10-02-09 06:12 PM
    It might also be worth contacting RIM tech support directly. Judging by the number of people on CB who are having calendar sync issues, it's possible that they've already gotten a lot of calls about this.

I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with them this AM re deleting applications and they started a case number for me and said they'd call back in 2 business days (which most likely means I'll have to call them back myself next week). But at least they're now aware of the issue and have a way of tracking it with me.

Re deleting your CICAL and resending service books, I suppose it couldn't hurt at this point, right?
    10-02-09 06:21 PM
    As far as I can tell....sync works for single entries (address book/entourage) and for one calendar (iCal)...if you have groups or multiple calendars or subscribed calendars you are going to have to go through hoops to make it work properly....
    10-02-09 07:15 PM
    Well.....****
    It just bricked my phone, won't turn on, just flashes twice red.

Pretty awesome software RIM.

..wow it didn't even back-up correctly.
    **** THIS ****
    Last edited by sommerschris; 10-02-09 at 07:23 PM.
    10-02-09 07:19 PM
    As far as I can tell....sync works for single entries (address book/entourage) and for one calendar (iCal)...if you have groups or multiple calendars or subscribed calendars you are going to have to go through hoops to make it work properly....
    I'm curious to know what marckatz has to say (post #40 in this thread) about this. He/she synced multiple calendars and by the sound of the post, did so without a hitch.

@marckatz, did you have to jump through any hoops to successfully sync multiple calendars?
    10-02-09 07:25 PM
    No hoops at all. Downloaded. Had the software wipe my device then sync. Subsequent to that I have sync 3 more times with a two way sync with no problem.
    10-02-09 07:28 PM
    Well.....****
    It just bricked my phone, won't turn on, just flashes twice red.

Pretty awesome software RIM.

..wow it didn't even back-up correctly.
    **** THIS ****
    Did you make sure you deleted all traces of MissingSync, PocketMac and/or the DM for Mac beta before installing the official DM release today?
    10-02-09 07:29 PM
    Did you make sure you deleted all traces of MissingSync, PocketMac and/or the DM for Mac beta before installing the official DM release today?
    Never used those before, only used DM for PC before. Dunno what happened, just went to backup/update memo/tasks and it got all messed up.
    10-02-09 07:37 PM
    My bad if this has been mentioned before...

I have successfully synced my calendar and contacts. However, the photos associated with each of my contacts has shrunk considerably compared to an entry made via the device itself. It's a little annoying. The crop ratios for the image are different between address book and the phone.

Other quirks:

MSN and AIM nicknames did not sync.
    A custom created field like PIN in Address Book did not sync.

My music synced successfully

Haven't attempted any backups/restores, app installs/removals, or OS upgrades/installs...
    10-02-09 07:41 PM
    The Desktop Manager is working great for me... just one issue. I have seen several people mention this but haven't seen a definitive answer.

Desktop Manager says I don't have a media card installed but it's in there. Media Card support and Mass storage mode is on. I have a Storm 9530. Any advice from someone who may have figured it out?
    10-02-09 07:47 PM
    My bad if this has been mentioned before...

I have successfully synced my calendar and contacts. However, the photos associated with each of my contacts has shrunk considerably compared to an entry made via the device itself. It's a little annoying. The crop ratios for the image are different between address book and the phone.

Other quirks:

MSN and AIM nicknames did not sync.
    A custom created field like PIN in Address Book did not sync.

My music synced successfully

Haven't attempted any backups/restores, app installs/removals, or OS upgrades/installs...
    I wouldn't go near those at all. Finally just got stuff re-installed off the PC, but I've got to use a really old backup now, like 9 months old.
    10-02-09 07:48 PM
181 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD